1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tenacious_dee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yeah I just got an imported dvd of equilibrium and it's awesome! I've been waiting for this film for a while now but unfortunately it's not coming out in australian cinemas. For all of you with a multi-region dvd player I suggest you go down to empire memorabilia and buy a copy.

Now I've just got to wait for underworld.
  2. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I thought I should mention this, from a report on comingsoon.net:

New Line Cinema will re-release The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers, with additional scenes and footage added, just two weeks before the worldwide December 17 release of The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.

Starting the week of Dec. 5, the extended DVD cut of "Fellowship of the Ring" will be released in some 100 or so theaters in the U.S. and in 20 theaters in Canada.

Then, the week of Dec. 12, "The Two Towers" will be released, leading up to a worldwide Dec. 16 daylong marathon, during which all three films will be shown back-to-back. The screenings that day will include a 3 p.m. showing of "Fellowship" followed by a 7 p.m. screening of "Two Towers" and then an 11 p.m. screening of "Return of the King," which will carry over into Dec. 17 -- the day of its global release.

Let's hope they find the time to do the same here, although 10 hours in the one cinema might be pushing it a little.
  3. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    So who is going to see 'Finding Nemo'?
  4. MariaLuna Jedi Knight

star 1
    I've seen Finding Nemo! And I'm seeing for the 2nd time tonight, it's such a great film! But then again, it's what you come to expect from Pixar, they've never disappointed. When I saw Finding Nemo last weekend I went to an 8pm session and the cinema was completely full. There was hardly any kids, it was all young adults and Pixar fans. :) I've never heard an audience laugh so much, especially during 'Knick-Knack', the Pixar short film that played before Finding Nemo. It's worth seeing again just for that short film! Okay, enough ranting. I'm Pixar obsessed.
  5. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    Saw it last weekend with a mate and his 2 kids, we laughed our heads off.
    Love the sharks, Barry Humphries was sounding very "Sir Les", and the seagulls? Maaaaate :)
  6. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I will be seeing 'Finding Nemo' shortly as well as 'Pirates of the Carribbean'.
  7. MariaLuna Jedi Knight

star 1
    I loved the turtles in Finding Nemo, "Duuuuuuuuuuuude, sweeeeeet." Oh my god, my friends and I couldn't stop laughing at Crush and his kids! Oh, and the yellow fish in the aquarium that goes crazy every time it sees bubbles, the little pink octopus that inks itself, the French cleaner shrimp ("I shall try to resist!")... there's so many great characters. But the one that gets the most laughs has to be Dory, she's hilarious! I loved the comic timing when she talks about short-term memory loss running in her family and then pauses, "Where are they?" Oh, and the part where she speaks all the different whale dialects... LOL
  8. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Umm yeah, fantastic and all but how about we don't spoil characters for the people that HAVEN'T seen it! :mad:
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    /cheer
    Yes, lets not :( Im seeing it Monday with any luck :)
  10. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    It's not an upcoming film, but Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon is on SBS Sunday night 8.30, for those who are yet to see it.

And look out for Kill Bill Volume 1. Supposedly the fight scenes are better then the Matrix, according to many preview reports.
  11. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Mmmmm. Uma Thurman. Tight Bruce Lee costume. Must-see.

:D
  12. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Anyone else looking forward to Freddy Vs. Jason ?

I believe it is out toward the end of this month.
  13. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not sure whether to look forward to it or not since I haven't heard much about it. The idea of a movie featuring the baddies from 2 80s horror flicks sounds like a bad idea for a movie to me but maybe they can do something decent with it.
    What's the masic background for it?
  14. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    No idea, I think it's got one of those black r&b girls, hopefully she isn't on the soundtrack.
  15. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    Kill Bill looks very strange and Freddy Vs Jason, well let's just say I think the Freddy Kruger movies have been done to death.
  16. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I saw the first three when they were all in a row on tv years ago and they weren't bad. I heard they went downhill after that. I never saw any of the Friday the 13th movies, though I did play a Commodore 64 game based on them. :)
  17. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    From ComingSoon.net

20th Century Fox has hired Mark Bomback to write Die Hard 4, which centers on the continuing adventures of rogue hero John McClane. Pending approval of the script, Bruce Willis would return in the role and produce through his Cheyenne Productions. Bomback wrote the upcoming Godsend, starring Robert De Niro and Greg Kinnear, for Lions Gate Films. The scribe also worked with Cheyenne on Reunion, The Tourist and Me Again.

I hope it will be as good as the first two.
  18. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Not another one. Even one sequel for that movie was a big stretch IMHO.
  19. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Actually, Die Hard 2 is still me personal fav in the series. There's some great one liners.

Anyway, I think a Die Hard 4 will turn out the same as say Lethal Weapon 4: Decent plot, some good action, but mainly just a cash in sequel more then anything.
  20. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    The best thing in Lethal Weapon 4 was Jet Li.
  21. Saintheart Chosen One

star 6
    Have to agree on that. I went out and saw "Once Upon a Time in China" 1, 2, and 3 after seeing Jet in this one... :D
  22. Kartanym Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Comingsoon.net has a heap of new images from Matrix Revolutions. Be sure to check them out, unless you don't want to be spoiled. There's some great stuff actually, and there are a few that may be spoilers, so take note.
  23. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I must admit I'm rather looking forward to that film. I wasn't too impressed with Reloaded but I'm expecting Revolutions will be good. Apparently they can only have one of them eligble for the oscars because they're both in the same year and they're picking Revolutions, so I guess that's a vote of confidence from the makers.
  24. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm looking forward to Matrix 3 as well even though I was dissapointed with Reoloaded. It suffered from 'middle trilogy' syndrome but once Revolutions is out it will all fall into place.

Judging from the Revolutions trailer it's looking great.
  25. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    How did it suffer from middle trilogy syndrome ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.