main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Anyone looking forward to 'The Chronicles of Riddick'?

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    After that piece of crud First Knight I was hoping that no-one else would touch the arthur legend. Besides, we all know Monty Python already did the definitive version.

3. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    [face_laugh]

Although John Boorman's "Excalibur" does come damn close to perfection IMHO.

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Riddick? Nah, not all that interested. Why? Because it removes the dark, gritty edge of Pitch Black with an fx filled movie that has no relation at all except for one particular character. Don't get me wrong, I might still watch it, but it won't hold a candle to PB.

To be honest, I'm looking forward to Shrek 2 now :D

5. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well, Spidey 2 is now out and about, and as already mentioned it's a great ride.

So, what's everyone looking forward to for the second half of the year? Apart from the obvious (Return of the King EE :p )

6. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Well I haven't seen spidey 2 yet and that's one I'm looking forward to. The new King Arthur one looks like it might be alright from the preview. Apart from that, I'm not sure what to look forward to. Not many recently released or upcoming films have really grabbed my attention. Is it just me or are we going through a bit of a dry spell for big new releases in movies?

7. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Actually, I'll be honest and say I am at least interested in King Arthur...though Arthur's backhand sword style should be a hoot to watch. :D

Thank God we've got a dry spell at last! At least I'll have a chance to get around and see some of the movies that've been coming out just about once a week these last few months... :D

8. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    In case you haven't heard (and I know some of you would be interested) the latest adaption of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is well into production. The official site doesn't have much on it at the moment, but you can have a look at the full cast list and the first teaser (which is very funny, even if it doesn't acutally feature any footage) at http://www.comingsoon.net/films.php?id=4680

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    First I heard about it was recently when I heard there was a contest with the prize being a role as an extra in the film. I was all set to enter until I noticed it's only open to UK residents. :(
    I wonder what it's all going to be based on. There's the radio series, the tv series and the books. All written by Douglas Adams but he was the first to point out that they all contradict each other in a lot of ways.

10. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Well I saw 'The Chronicles of Riddick' yesterday and it was pretty good. Quite epic in scope, costumes and sets were very lavish, a good storyline, nice music and action sequences (Even if a few were abit over the top) and the special effects were great. Vin was back in character as Riddick but a few of the supporting actors were abit lame I thought. I'll be getting this on DVD for sure :)

11. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    to answer the question, soneil, according to the credits he had a hand in the script before he passed away.

Riddick looks completly stupid to me. Give me Pitch Black any day of the week.

12. Sith Magician

Sith Magician Jedi Master star 5

Sep 14, 1999
    I've seen some effects tests from Hitchiker's, mainly for Martin and Zaphod.

Let's just say it's a good thing this story has a history of contradictions, because the tradition continues, in a huge way.

13. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    I don't believe it! Stephen Sommers (the guy that made a mess with Van Helsing, if you don't remember) has picked up the rights to .... drum roll please .... FLASH GORDON!

Yes, our loveable hero from the future is ready to be brought back to the big screen, 24 years on from his last adventure (though no news as to whether any Queen music will be involved this time :p )

The more interesting news is that, along with a new movie, Flash and the crew will be adapted into a new comic book series published by Top Cow.

So there you go, Flash still exists :p I thought Saintheart would get a kick out of this news.

14. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Let's hope they rework the dialogue as well as the special effects.

"Well, whydontcha...team up!"
    "Brilliant strategy, Gordon!"

(Or words to that effect...)

And may I note in passing that "King Arthur" was actually better than I expected. (Crow tastes good, boys and girls.) Hans Zimmer's score was uplifting as always, and having watched my other half loose an arrow before, I now understand why they chose someone as anorexic-looking and bustless as Keira Keightly to play Guinevere. :)

15. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Have to agree with you there. I wasn't expecting much but I actually thought it was very good. I think the battle scenes were among the best I've seen in any recent movie of the genre. Right up there with Gladiator's opening scene in some cases.

16. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Apologies if someone's already notified on this, but I was at Luna last night...

Donnie Darko: The Director's Cut is there on 16 September 2004.

Anyone want to get together for a big mindscramble and go see this one? I've got to get the original out again sometime...

17. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Well, I'm gonna try and get Bourne Identity on DVD or at least rent it, freshen up my memory before Supremacy comes out soon. I'm looking forward to it. Hellboy is finally out, have to make some time to see that. Another I'm interested in is Coffee and Cigarettes, which looks great.

18. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Hey..... I'm interested in coffee and cigarettes too.....

Breakfast of Champions :p
    or at least security guards who have to get up at 3am to go to work....

DS

19. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    I don't think that is what he had in mind dude !

I can't say I have even heard of that film, is it a major release or an artsy type film ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.