main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    A whole day and I miss out on all the fun in here, sheez! Ok, up come the sleeves, out comes my spiked boots, has the bell sounded yet coz the Krusher of Souls wants action. Just bring it...

Who are you all guys kiddin, lighten up for change. This is not suppose to be a place where we get rip each other throats out. Are you guys/gals that stiff you gotta unleash whatever it is inside of you on these boards. If you cant handle the heat, if you cant take someone's personality the right way, if you want to pick fights go out on the street and do it instead of talking about it in here. Lets keep this place the way it was meant to be and leave the bitchin to the bitches. You want to be a bitch fine but stay in your kennel and dont let it upset others. Nough said...

Lets get back to some decent conversations and ASAP!

EDIT: Tyler-Durden (the coward who hides behind a sock, you'll never catch me hiding like you do) gathering from your message, you dont know anything about me. Your only guessing as to what I do in my life and from those comments its a VERY bad guess. There's one reason why I dont post about my life on here anymore and its because of dickheads like you. I have a very happy and succesful life, can you say the same?

2. Pris

Pris Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    Well, obviously you're one of those people you're talking about ... I mean, honestly, does anyone who picks that much on other people posts; anyone who whines as much as you do about really pissy small issues like the wording of a story, does anyone like that really seriously post as such a pathetically sad and lonely individual honestly think that they can piss off that many people and not get a raise?
    Well, SK, your trolling seems to have paid off many times - you've gotten exactly the raise you troll here for.
    Now, yes, back to conversation. And I'm off to bed - with someone who cares and loves me. Pity. You sad lonely bastard. Yes, do go get some action. It'll keep you from antagonizing people on these boards.

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I hear that Gladiator 2 could be in the making as well as MIB 3. I know that Scooby Doo 2 and Spiderman 2 are in the making now as well and Starship Troopers 2 might be coming out.

4. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    That's one thing I really hate... The fact that people don't really come up with original movies anymore... Just because the first one was a hit doesn't mean the second one will be. The Crow: City of Angels anyone? Believe in Angels rocked! But City sucked arse... However, they redeemed themselves with Salvation. That was more like the comics and it was great. I'm just glad the fourth one was stopped! *shudder* A movie about bad rappers... Great...

5. Pris

May 26, 2002
    Gladiator 2 ... hmm ... 90 minutes of the sand floor of an abandoned arena. Yeah, sure. Otherwise it'd suck ... although if they went back into Maximus' history and DIDN'T make the title anything to do with Gladiators, instead focusing on his career rising through the legions, that could be good.

Starship Troopers 2 will be a pile of horse dung, unless it's an all-CGI film that completes the animated series instead of the movie.

EDIT: Speelunk.

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The first Starship Troopers movie was great. It's one of my favourite movies and deserves a sequel. As for Gladiator, I don't think it needs one and it will tell the story after the original so it's not a prequel and it won't have Russel Crowe in it.

I also hear that they are considering making Jurassic Park 4 which I think they shouldn't since JP 3 was bad enough.

7. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Of the movies that aren't sequels, may of them are just adaptations of old tv shows, books or comics anyway. Scooby Doo and Spiderman for example. I've kinda gone off all these modernisations which is why I don't have any great interest in seeing those or similar films. That doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy them, but they're not ones I would consider to be "must sees". It's rare to get a really good film that is an original story, quite often, I'll see the movie that I thought was original and then I'll later learn that it was a remake or adaptation. Like Shrek for example (though I do rather like that film).
    If it's a film based on a new book (like Fight Club) then I think that's different but a lot of them just take a story that's already a proven winner and hope that story, some big stars and fancy effects will carry the film. I think originality counts for a lot.

8. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I didn't know Shrek was a remake... Interesting... In regards to Scooby Doo though, I love Matthew Lillard's work, and I'm extremely impressed at how close he looks/sounds to the cartoon Shaggy. If it wasn't for him I wouldn't want to go see it at all (I can't stand Freddie Prinze and Sarah Michelle Geller).

9. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Shrek wasn't a remake but apparently it was based on a book. I agree about Scoobie Doo. The guy that plays Shaggy does seem to fit the part. My only worry is that I've already seen all the best parts in the preview. Hopefully that's not the case but they do seem to show an awful lot in the ads.

10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I wouldn't even consider seeing Scooby Doo. Just by looking at the trailers it looks so stupid but I have to agree with you on the actor who plays Shaggy. He has got the acting and voiece down to a 'T'.

11. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Ive already seen the film when it first came out. Shaggy and Scooby had me laughing all the way through, I was practically on the floor in tears from laughing. Depends on your sense of humour but go see it just for Shaggy and Scoobs.

12. Pris

May 26, 2002
    I dunno; from what I heard, Jim Carrey was gonna be cast as Shaggy originally, and it was going to be set a little later, when they'd all grown up a bit. But when that concept was scrapped, Lillard was cast - I've eard from a few ppl that he acts like he's trying to be Carrey instead of Shaggy.

Still not going to see it, though. It looks too "serious", and not a send up of the original, like I'd hoped it would be. Still wanna see MIB2, though - the first rules. And th e second will be worth it ust for seeing the alien designs.

13. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Men in Black 2 will be quite good I think since I'm a fan of the first. Has anyone seen Minority Report and if so, is it worth seeing?

14. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    We just saw MIB2. I thought it was very good though I probably preferred the first one. I think the story was perhaps a little weaker. I do think the alien designs were better than in the first one so you'll get you money's worth from that Pris. :D

15. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    In a few weeks time (For us in Perth it may be atleast a month) they are releasing Attack of the Clones at IMAX. Its suppose to be re-edited to 170mm film and contain special footage not yet seen. Should be interesting to see what happens.

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I heard that the IMAX version of Episode 2 will have bonus footage put into the movie.

Episode 2 on IMAX would ROCK!!!

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
  18. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Oi, how do u get the movie files from those sites? i've read through the script and cant find a valid url...

I mean sure, usually they require a few cuts & pastes, but i cant find the right bits now.. they're more cunning these days..

19. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    When I first heard about the IMAX release I was stoked. That is, until I called the IMAX cinema in Perth and got a recorded message saying that they're now closed down. :(

20. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    When I first heard about the IMAX release I was stoked. That is, until I called the IMAX cinema in Perth and got a recorded message saying that they're now closed down. :(

21. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    I don't think it's closed down... Infact I'm pretty sure my brother/sister went and saw something at IMAX not long ago...

22. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Nope, they closed down some weeks ago, on the news and all. Seemed there was little interest, which is a pity.

23. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Real shame. The second time we did something as a fanforce WA group was when we went to one of the very last nights at Omni-theatre. I would have liked to get to the new one at least once. Guess it's all the many slack people like me who never got around to going who are the reason for them closing. :(

24. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    This isn't really an upcoming film, but it's a play... So it sorta can go in here... Anyway...

Terry Pratchett fans, there is a production of "Lords and Ladies" being held at Curtin Uni (Hayman Theatre) at 8pm on the following dates: 17th, 18th, 19th and 20th of July. Cost is $14 for "full" and $10 for concession. If you want to book tickets, call either of these numbers: 9362 4080 or 9362 4550 (I hope I copied these down right).

I don't know what the theatre is like there, and I haven't read "Lords and Ladies" yet, but I did go and see a production of "Mort" a couple of years ago and that was fantastic. Soup and I plan to be going, it should be a good night.

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I just saw Blade II. I'd say it's on a par with the first one. In both cases I think they weren't fantastic movies but pretty good to watch. I think the first one had a better beginning and a better ending but this one had much cooler fight scenes. Kinda hard to judge properly since I haven't seen the first one since it came out but those were my impressions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.