main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ulric-Thor

Ulric-Thor Jedi Youngling

Jul 19, 2002
    Ive seen the special FX version of Blade 2. It takes you through a FX version which details how its all done. Looks very well done.

2. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    The action scenes certainly were good to watch, but the storyline wasn't exactly riveting. I got a chuckle from seeing Danny John Jules (Cat from Red Dwarf) playing a vampire ninja type.

3. Scissorhands

Scissorhands Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2002
    Just came back from seeing MiB2, don't expect shakespeare, and you'll have a great time :)

4. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Anyone going to see this new movie called SIGNS?

5. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    The one with Mel Gibson... Mmmmm dunno, I wanna see that new Windtalkers with Cage first I think.

6. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah Wind Talkers looks great but I also like the idea of SIGNS.

7. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Next film I see will most likely be Goldmember. :)

8. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Can someone provide me a direct link to the Terminator 3 trailer so I can download it to my hard drive, since my computer has trouble streaming? Thanks.

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    At the 28th annual Saturn Awards this Monday, INDEPENDENCE DAY co-creator Dean Devlin gave us a quick, exclusive interview about the recently announced INDEPENDENCE DAY 2, and what inspired him and DAY partner Roland Emmerich to get to a sequel for their biggest hit.

?I think we?ve finally found a concept we like,? Devlin told us. ?Something Roland and I are very excited about, and we?re now trying to work it into a movie and hopefully we?ll start writing the script sometime in the next year. What we didn?t want to do was do the first film over again. So many sequels make the mistake of trying to make the first film over again. So we always used as an example was what James Cameron did with ALIENS or the way George Lucas handled the first three STAR WARS films. Each one had its own unique voice. It took awhile for us to come up with that voice, but after September 11, we were able to come up with a unique take that was appropriate for the film.?

Devlin did then confirm it was the wave of feeling in the country after the September 11 tragedies was something that played into the development of the ID4 2 story. He did, however, want to make clear despite the STAR WARS and ALIENS examples, he and Emmerich don?t have an elaborate plan for several sequels (don?t forget Cameron?s ALIENS on Earth idea).

?The big point for us was the first film was never intended to have a sequel,? Devlin said. ?We didn?t want to jam one into it. So when an idea came up which really felt organic to the story we were trying to tell, we got really excited. It?s not really beyond the second film. I don?t think this is franchise building. We wanted to wait until he had an idea where we said, ?That?s worth doing.? I think we finally have it. We?ll know better when we start writing the script. I think there was something in the culture the first movie touched on that went beyond spaceships and buildings blowing up. And after September 11, there was something in the culture that reminded us of the message of the movie and how people came together. We were deeply effected about that. We were asked a lot of questions in the press in relation to seeing those images. So it spured a lot of discussion, and out of those discussions came a way of doing the film. And we move from that.?

This was posted over at Cinescape.com.

I wonder what they could possibly do with the sequel that hasn't already been done in the first.

10. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Lets keep this short:

X-Men 2 Trailer

Its a direct link at about 12mb in size

11. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    We are almost there, December is near, but in the mean time there's a new trailer for LOTR "The Two Towers" movie, check the link below. Though it's rather tiny resolution and poor sound quality, still worth seeing.

The Two Towers Trailer 2 - Direct Link

You may also get a better version from The Two Towers Trailer 2 but thats not a direct link.

EDIT: While I'm at it there's new trailers for 007 Die Another Day and Red Dragon

12. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I just saw a preview for a new DIsney version of Treasure Island (called Treasure Planet). From what I saw in the preview it looked like a shamless rip-off of Starwars in a lot of spots. When the preview began I thought the scene it showed looked like a cartoon version of Theed. I actually wondered if it may have been some sort of Starwars cartoon it looked so close. Then I saw other bits I could have sworn were Tatooine.
    Susie put it well when she commented that the Muppet version will have more credibility that that one looks like it will have!

13. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    i just saw reign of fire...

it's ok...

the previews make i look like a full fledged action movie, but it's not really. they verge on the edge of deep and meaningful, action and drama, but they don't quite get there.....

14. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Ok this another sure sign that Hollywood has run out of ideas.

Click here

15. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    The terminator 3 trailer looks interesting... download link here

More than a few cheesy lines etc..

16. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Thanks for that link SJ.

EDIT: Just watched the trailer of T3. Was pretty good. I hope it doesn't wreck the franchise though. I'm looking forward to see how Arnie does after all this time. I loved the shot in the trailer with all the Terminator skeletons jumping from the ship. Looks excellent.

17. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    Ok its still 2002... just, so here a few more links to films that are coming out next year.

Dumb & Dumberer (Dumb & Dumber 2)

Finding Nemo (Teaser #3)

X-Men 2 (Teaser #2)

Ned Kelly Teaser (Direct Link)

Here a small list of films with out trailers yet but are due in 2003.

Bad Boys 2 (that does have a trailer actually)
    Final Destination 2
    DreamCatcher
    Jeepers Creepers 2 (god no)
    The Fast & The Furious 2 (Cant wait)
    Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle
    Legally Blonde 2 (WHY?)
    Exorcist: The Beginning
    Tomb Raider 2: Cradle of Life
    Texas Chainsaw Massacre (Remake)
    and of course
    LOTR: The Return of the King

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Looks like Starship Troopers 2 may be in the works soon.

Click here for more.

19. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Would you like to know more? :D

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    I found a website that lists a heap of upcoming movies including links to the official sites and trailers etc. Check it out.

A couple of the movies that I'm looking forward to are:
    Shanghai Knights (a.k.a Shanghai Noon 2)
    Daredevil - Michael Clarke Duncan looks awesome as The Kingpin A side note from Stoney - "Look for Kevin Smith in a cameo role as a scientist..."
    The Jungle Book 2 - John Goodman as the voice of Baloo and Haley Joel Osment as the voice of Mowgli
    The Matrix Reloaded - looking at the posters around the place I'm going to see this just for the costumes!!!
    Finding Nemo - The teaser trailer on Monsters Inc looks hell funny.
    Rugrats Meet the Wild Thornberrys - hehehe :D
    Terminator 3 - saw a teaser trailer for this a the moofies the other day. Nothing but the Terminator music and the liquid metal stuff morphing into a T3 logo.
    The Whole Ten Yards (a.k.a The Whole Nine Yards 2) - Should be interesting.
    The Matrix Revolutions - According to the site I linked to above this is released in November. I have no idea if that is correct or not.
    Looney Tunes: Back in Action - Hehe. I always loved the Looney Tunes :D
    The Cat in the Hat (aka: Dr. Seuss's The Cat in the Hat) - Mike Myers as The Cat!!!
    Lemony Snicket - My sister reads these books and I have been meaning to. Apparantly they are now making a movie of it. Starring Jim Carrey.
    And of course we can't forget The Lord of the Rings : Return of the King

Upon re-reading my above post I find my comment "A couple of the movies that I'm looking forward to are: highly amusing. [face_mischief] :) :D [face_laugh]

21. MariaLuna

MariaLuna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    I'm looking forward to X-Men 2. When I was little, my cousin introduced me to the world of X-Men when he collected the trading cards. He would show me all his favorite characters and taught me all their names and mutant powers. Because of that, I grew up with the cartoons and the comics, so I'm curious to see how they'll adapt it this time. It's always interesting seeing movies based on comic books! As for Daredevil... I've seen the trailer. I still can't see Jennifer Garner playing Elektra (to me, Elektra will always have long black hair and that red costume!), but I guess I'll have to see the movie first to make up my mind.

22. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    I haven't seen any posters for Matrix yet but I saw some screenshots from a computer game based on the film. It seemed to show a lot of Aliyah's character in the screenshots so I presume she's a main character in the game and possibly also the film. Anyone know if she's in both of them? It was about a year and a half ago that she died and I'm not sure if they finished filming before then.

23. SoulKrusher

Nov 25, 2000
    I heard that she was a main character but then they had to go back and rewrite most of the film for Aliyah's and thats one of the reason why it has taken so long for the 2nd film to be released. I guess will soon find out when its relased, should be good.

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I read somewhere on the internet that they had filmed 1/2 of the movie with Aliyah in it, then she died and they had to start again so they chose some Sydney actress to play the role. 3 weeks into re-shooting she was arrested for something and now she is in jail for 3 years so they had to re-shoot again. This is the reason why it's taken so long to come out. Anyone else heard this?

25. soneil

Nov 30, 2000
    Sounds like we should cut them a bit of slack for taking so long. I wonder if any of the footage with her that they had to get rid of will be on the DVD. It's a shame they couldn't finish her scenes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.