main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Upcoming Films

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SoulKrusher, May 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoulKrusher

SoulKrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    New trailers everyone:

The Hulk (theatre release trailer)

2 Fast 2 Furious

Also to add to this Autosalon 2003 will be appearing at Burswood dome 29th & 30th of March. Autosalon is where all the high performance cars get showed off, from WRX's to Skyline's and Supra's. I gotta wait till 2004 to enter my car yet :(

2. MariaLuna

MariaLuna Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2002
    Starship Troopers 2? Whoo-hoo! I love that movie. :) Thanks for the info, Jedi Daniel!

3. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    No worries MariaLuna.

Other movies news;

It looks like a Red Dwarf movie is set to be made soon. CLick here for more.

It looks like True Lies 2 may go ahead after all since Tom Arnold and Arnie have read the script and liked it.

Also Jennifer Garner has confirmed she will star in a spin-off movie to Dare Devil where she will reprise her role of Elektra.

4. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    An Elektra movie ... better be good.

And the voices for the Clone Wars characters will be played by those who have contributed to LucasArts games (in other words, if you've played Clone Wars or Galactic Battlegrounds, then you know what to expect).

5. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I was hoping that the proper actors were going to do the voices for the Clone Wars Animated Series.

6. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I doubt they could afford any of the big name actors from the films. I certainly don't think they'd have much chance of getting the likes of Ewan McGregor or Christopher Lee for an animated series. The only ones they'd have a chance of getting would be the ones who have never done much other than starwars like Anthony Daniels or Ahmed Best, who I think have both done voices for games at various times.

7. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Correct, both have played their characters in Star Wars games (Anthony more then anyone, in fact).

In other movie news, seems that MechWarrior, Fatal Frame, Driver and a host of other video games are set to be turned into movies. And the House of the Dead movie is out and about in the US, although not everywhere. Whether it's released here hasn't been announced, but so far the movie has recieved some decent reviews.

8. Jarsis_Stole

Jarsis_Stole Jedi Youngling star 1

May 26, 2002
    If Driver is done in the same way that the original Gone In 60 Seconds was done, Im in that like a red rocket. The remake of GI6S was a cheap shot, saved only by the cast of
    qaulity actors that still didnt help the ailing script.

If you cant make a film work by having, Nicolas Cage, Robert Duvall and Angelina Jolie in it you have no chance.

Jace

9. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    I heard about that Mech Warrior movie Kartanym. It should be good if it's done right.

I'd like to see either a Zelda or a Metal Gear Solid movie. They would be awesome.

I didn't like the remake of Gone in 60 Seconds either. It just didn't do anything for me.

10. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I just think it's a real bummer that one of the original mechs can be used in the PC games and I assume that will be the same for the film. The original Battletech strategy board game and Mechwarrior RPG that some of us used to pay a lot used some classic mech designs borrowed from an old japanese cartoon. Eventually, they lost the rights to use those designs so the recent PC games have none of the original mechs we grew to love. :(

11. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    Metal Gear would be a good idea. However when I think of games transfering over to movies, I think of the woeful job they did on Super Mario Brothers.

Resident Evil looked alright, and when I was in the states in 01, Final Fantasy when I saw that didnt seem to be anything like the game. Even though the film and story were impressive and original.

Jace

12. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Super Mario Bros. and Resident Evil were terrible. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy and yes I agree, it was nothing like the games.

13. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    SUPER MARIO BRO'S was a cool movie :D :D

14. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    ... from a certain point of view.

Res Evil 2 is in the works, which should have a greater link back to the games' story origins (incl. familiar faces).

I also forgot to mention Spy Hunter, featuring "The Rock".

And does anyone remember the Mario Bros. TV show? Now that's the way the movie should have been :)

15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yeah I remember the Mario Bros. TV show. That was very cool.

16. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    I remember the TV show . On that note, did anyone ever clock Super Mario 2 ?

Number 1 and 3 were a sinch but 2 was beyond hard.

Jace

17. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    What I would really love to see is a really well done version of Robotech on the silver screen, just to back up Soniel's opinion of mechas and robots.

Horror big robots that transfer into planes, battle mechas and cool looking animated female characters to it for me everytime.

My obsession with Rei from NGE is proof of that. Take a look at my monitor.

Jase

18. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Just got news from ComingSoon.net that a Mighty Mouse movie maybe coming out soon. Mighty Mouse will of course be CG.

19. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    Mighty Mouse, now there's a flashback.

Oh, and to answer the question, I've clocked Mario 2.

20. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    2nd episode of the animatrix is out...
    (see above link)

21. Jarsis_Stole

May 26, 2002
    I'm glad that MM is going to CG cause youd have a hell of a time training a mouse to fly, or even putting a spandex suit on would be murder.

Seriously their going to do a remake?

Good grief

Jase

22. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Yep sure are. Just more proof that Hollywood has run out of ideas.

23. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    A remake of 'Creature From The Black Lagoon' is going to be made soon and it looks like 'The Mummy 3' could go ahead but without Brendan Fraser and Rachel Weisz.

EDIT: Also Halle Berry is set to become the new catwomen.

24. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Sequels to 'Dude, Where's My Car' and 'Jumanji' are looking at being made soon.

25. Kartanym

May 23, 2002
    how can Berry be catwomen (DC) and storm (Marvel)? Confusing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.