main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Upcoming Lexington Book Signings

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jun 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Joseph-Beth Booksellers is really working hard to bring in some top notch authors over the next month or so. Probably of most interest to us is the Timothy Zahn ?Choices of One? book signing Wednesday July 27 at 7PM. I will be attending this.

For those of us like myself and Kepare who are into the Urban Fantasy, Jim Butcher will be signing his newest Harry Dresden novel ?Ghost Story? Saturday July 30 at 2PM. I will be attending this.

Probably one of the most buzzed about shows on cable (based on a book) right now is ?The Game of Thrones?. George RR Martin will be signing the latest installment of the series ?A Dance With Dragons? Tuesday August 2 at 7PM. I will not be attending this one.

Something different this time from previous book signings I?ve attended here is they are now requiring line tickets. We?ll see how it goes. See the website for complete details?

http://www.josephbeth.com/AdultEvents.aspx

So who?s in?

2. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    We're certainly going for Zahn. Do you know how/when we buy the book to get the line tickets?

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    "Line tickets required and available with the purchase of Choices of One, available July 19th. Presale vouchers and line tickets available June 13th"

So I guess just buy your book with line ticket when you walk in or if you want to make a special trip to Lexington to get a presale voucher I guess you could do that. I'm just going to wait until I show up that day (but I'll also pre-order the Harry Dresden book since I'm there anyway). This is new for them (that I can tell) and I was trying to think why they're doing it and my guess is they just want to make sure you're getting your copy from THEM, not buying it online or from Scifi Book Club and bringing it in to get signed, or not buying a copy at all and just bringing in a stack of his older books to get autographed. If that's the case I can certainly understand that and am happy to give them my business.

4. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I am going to try to make the one for Zahn.

5. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    I planned on going, but I'll have my grand daughter tomorrow night into the weekend. Have fun for me guys and see you all soon. [face_batting]

6. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    I've been missing out on too much recently and I'm not going to miss this. I'm determined to get my Outbound Flight signed and see pristine Zahn! I am gonna be in crazy fangirl mode tomorrow.:p

See everyone then!

7. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I'm on the fence-- just becouse I haven't planned things out well lately (jeez life happens all at once).

Anyone carpooling?

Will JB let you bring stuff to sign like they used to, or is this just for the book bought at JB?

Also, I lived in Lexington for 6 years, I love that town, and JB (Joesph-Beth Booksellers) is the best book store in the world. Ugggg! When I was a kid and the fam would go up for UK games we would go, and I would sit in the Star Wars section like I was in my own personal Holocron.

8. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    The Zahn signing was a great time. It's always so special to get back stage access to the Star Wars celebs as a 501st/RL member. Got to chat with Mr Zahn quite a bit and even traded him some patches for one of his 501st Honorary Member trading cards.
    Pics are finally downloaded and can be found here...
    http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Timothy%20Zahn%20Signing%207-27-2011/

9. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Looks like a good time was had by all! Too cool, and great photos! [face_dancing]

10. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Was at the Jim Butcher signing today (way too crowded) and one of the staff recognized me from the Zahn signing and told me they're trying to get Troy Denning for this next Spring.

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh yeah, another Star wars related book signing...but this one at the Joseph-Beth in Cini...Ernest Cline, who was the writer of "Fanboys" (for some reason I always thought Kyle Newman was the writer/diector but he's only the director) has a new book coming out "Ready Player One" and will be doing a signing August 31st. I'm considering going to this just to take my "Fanboys" movie poster to be signed.

12. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    They also told me they were working on getting Matthew Stover to come there for a signing too!

13. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Some more pictures from the Timothy Zahn book signing...
    https://picasaweb.google.com/kmwalt2/7272011TimothyZahn?authuser=0&feat=directlink#

14. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Went and saw the Ernest Cline book signing in Cincinnati this week. The book signing was well attended but not too crowded and Mr. Cline was very entertaining and told some great stories. We learned he bought a Delorean just for his book tour (he also used it in his author photo) and everyone was allowed the opportunity to have their picture taken in it. We also learned he had a cameo in "Fanboys"...he's one of the two trekkies that takes Hutch down. According to him I distinguished myself by being the first person to bring a "Fanboys" poster for him to sign on his book signing tour. As a bonus author John Scalzi was in the house as he lives in Ohio and was there to give his support to Mr. Cline was I was able to get a book (pulled from the shelf) signed by him as well. I wasn't able to get my picture taken with Mr Cline as most of the help was in the parking lot assisting the crowd around the Delorean (and guarding it as well I think) but I did get my picture taken in his sweet ride...

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Ernest%20Cline%20Book%20Signing%20Cinci%208-31-2011/176.jpg]

[image=http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y262/jedimika/Ernest%20Cline%20Book%20Signing%20Cinci%208-31-2011/180.jpg]

Halfway through the book and I love it. Really brings back the memories of 80's geekdom (and pop culture) for me. We also learned Wil Wheaton did the audiobook version. Wicked!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.