main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Upcoming Meeting/Events Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Ooh, Ant! That's a great idea! I like it!

Now....if it only would snow.......;)

Anyone object to this? Please vote!

2. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Everyone, I really need your feedback on this. It's been two days since I asked you for feedback. Come on, guys.

3. Reaper63

Reaper63 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    looks like a good plan, but the entire weekend is probably out for me, Witht he Army Navy Game on Sat, I may have to work on Sun.

As long as Army Sinks Navy, I'll be happy. ;)

Sorry guys.

4. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Ed, have a great time :) I'll just give you one last GO NAVY :)

Guys, if you don't want to do the Allaire thing, I really need your feedback on it. I'm not going to assume that just because no one responded to it(besides myself) it means that no one is interested. And I understand that we had the holiday and the vac party, but y'all had time to check other threads, you can check this and post your feedback. Please refer to the President's Letter on the NJO private forums. It seems like all of you signed off on it that you read and understood.

In case none of you want to do the Allaire thing, I have another idea. Christmas With the Kranks just came out, and I'm interested in seeing it. I'm sure there's a movie theater around the area that is having it. Maybe we can do that after we eat (or see the movie before we eat...either or).

Feedback. Thanks.

5. LifeSabre

LifeSabre Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    yeah the movies is like 10 min down the road

but either or, im good on...allaire or the movies...

6. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Ant, since you know the area, can you check which theaters are playing the movie? Thanks :)

7. LifeSabre

Mar 7, 2003
    The closest theater is the one in freehold, the one in Eatontown has stadium seating but is like 20 min away

Movietimes will probably change by next week but we can check it from the office

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Awesome. Thanks Ant :)

9. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Also if we want there are plenty of good places around here that we can go out to afterwards and do our 'usual' thing. I know a bunch of good spots but that's up to y'all. Honestly, I'm not too high on the movie thing cuz I don't like paying 10 bucks for a movie I know nothing about. But wherever you guys wanna go, I'll go...I'm easy like that.

10. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    The Allaire might be cool, but I am with Mike on the movie. NO interest in seeing a holiday flick.

~DG~

11. LifeSabre

Mar 7, 2003
    i beleive the allaire thing is over at 3, so we might have to get to the orfice earlier then 1

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay, so those opposed to the movie and whatnot....any other suggestions? I would really like to go back to Longhorn for food though...I liked it and they sat us quick :)

I really need to know ASAP. Meeting is in a week.

13. LifeSabre

Mar 7, 2003
    longhorn is 2 minutes away, i still like the allaire idea

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'm for the Allaire idea too :) I'll be in the mood to celebrate Christmas, because it will be December. I just CAN'T be in the mood for it while it's still November.

Gary and I will be getting our tree on Friday night and decorating it on Sunday. I'm so excited :)

15. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
  16. TI-0694

Nov 11, 2004
    I wish I could skip Christmas this year. I'm not in the mood for it at all.

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Okay, here's the deal with the meeting!!

Meeting date & time: December 4th, 11:30am
    Location of meeting: Anthony's (Lifesabre) office in Howell, NJ

Afterwards: Christmas Village at Allaire, in Allaire, NJ for holiday fun, followed by dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse in Howell, NJ.

We are not going to collect for the Hurricane Relief this month, we will be collecting for the Hurricane Relief at the January meeting.

18. TI-0694

Nov 11, 2004
    Sounds good to me. I'll be there(obviously).

19. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Thank you everyone for attending the meeting today! It was a very good meeting, as always!

It was VERY nice to finally meet Jerry! We hope we can see him again soon, and next time, we promise not to do anything outdoors until the warmer weather :)

As for next meeting, it will be determined on the NJO boards. I'll update on these boards as soon as we get the date, time & location. :)

Thank you everyone!!

20. TI-0694

Nov 11, 2004
    The January meeting will be at the Barnes & Noble in Freehold to coincide with our 2nd year anniversary. Afterwards we will be going to Chili's a la the 1st meeting also. A date has not been set yet however.

21. DarthYJTyranus

DarthYJTyranus Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 5, 2002
    Cool! Another close location. Improves my odds of getting there. Never been to Chili's before, though I have heard of their baby back baby back ribs LOL!

Jerry T

22. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Chicken Fried Steak, Jerry. That is the SHIZZLES!!!

23. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Just a friendly reminder to you guys......if you are planning to come to our January meeting, please go to the NJO private forums and vote in the Meeting Forum for what date the January meeting should be. Thank you!

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    January meeting has been voted on, and it will be on January 22nd, at 2pm. It will be at the Barnes & Noble on Rt. 9 in Freehold, NJ. We will be going to eat afterwards at the Chili's next door, and we're also celebrating our two year anniversary!! :) If anyone needs directions, please PM buster726.

Hope you can make it!!

25. LMBarnes

LMBarnes Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    I just got an message from DarthGyos about your meeting on the 22nd, but I cannot PM back as I do not have much messaging ability, I have to reach 20 posts.

Will there be a Star Wars Film discussion at the meeting? I have a ton of questions but I'm nervous about asking them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.