main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Jersey Upcoming Meeting/Events Thread

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthGyos

DarthGyos Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Don't ever worry about asking questions at the meeting-
    Thier are all degrees of fans in the group so please don't feel overwhelmed or 'undergeeked'.

"The dumbest question is the one not asked"

If you want instant 'POWER' go to the NJO site and register. You can post / PM immediatly.

www.newjerseyorder.com

hope to see you there and at the meeting!!

~DG~

2. LMBarnes

LMBarnes Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    A couple of questions:
    Do you discuss the films at meetings?
    Does everyone own a costume?
    Is it mandatory to attend every meeting?

I don't think I can make the 22nd, one of my charges is having her birthday party that afternoon. Possibly February, pending date & time.

3. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    A couple of questions:
    Do you discuss the films at meetings?

All the time. Sometimes we even watch the movies and talk about them that way too.

Does everyone own a costume?

I'm not sure if everyone owns a costume...we may all have costumes but costuming is BY NO MEANS a requirement. We do costumes because it's become somewhat of an obsession...well at least for me anyway. But you don't NEED a costume to join the group. All you need is to love Star Wars.

Is it mandatory to attend every meeting?

Absolutely not. If you can't make it to a meeting then don't worry about it. There's always the next one and that's what our njo forums are for...to find out what happened at meetings/events. However I should mention that to become a FULL member, you must attend at least 3 meetings/events in a 6 month period.

Everything is explained in a lot better detail at our private forums so if you venture over there you'll get a better idea of who we are and what we're all about. I hope that helps!

4. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    If it makes any of the newbies comfortable, any of our crew would be happy to meet up with you before the meeting. Go to www.newjerseyorder.com and PM me (Emperor Fabolous) with your location and where you'd like to meet.

It's a bit intimidating to meet with a group right off the bat, and hopefully this will make your intro to the club easier.

Just a thought-
    ~DG~

5. buster726

buster726 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 19, 2002
    We do discuss the movies at meetings. Costumes are NOT nessasary. Every person has their OWN level of obbssesion with Star Wars just bring that to a meeting.

6. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Just don't say you like the Special Editions ;) kidding!

7. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Just don't say you like the Special Editions
    [face_mischief]

8. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey everyone!

Due to the weather forecasts, we are cancelling this months meeting set for tomorrow. We will definitely post when we are going to meet in February. We'll also be holding our 2 year anniversary dinner in February as well. It will probably be at the same place, being that we wanted to do the anniversary thing where it all began.

Sorry if this has inconvenienced anyone!

9. LMBarnes

LMBarnes Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    Whew! My charges' parents cancelled her birthday last night, so I would have been free to attend this meeting. And I was worried I'd get stuck in Freehold because I hate driving in the snow.

If you have any costumed events coming up, I'd like to know. If you need a Padme, I could prep the costume and get it ready for you guys. Also, my one of my charges has a cute Anakin costume I made for him last Halloween. I could bring him along too, he loves wearing it!

10. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Also, my one of my charges has a cute Anakin costume I made for him last Halloween. I could bring him along too, he loves wearing it!
    That sounds so cute! :)

11. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    SORRY - MEETING IS CANCELLED!!!

The snow amounts were scaring even the most dilligent of attendees.
    Here it is 1:35pm and there is about 3-4 inches of snow on the ground here in Northern NJ.

So about 20" I hear.

eek.

To all newbies - February's meeting will be a fun one, I promise!!

~DG~

12. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    It's a shame that we had a handful of new people ready to attend and we had to cancel! I'm glad we did though, because it was about 12:30 when it started to come down. Gary and I had to make a run for some "Vitamin Y" and it was just a mess. I hope everyone is staying OFF of the roads!

I hope that ALL of the new people can make it to February :)

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I just posted a meeting poll for February in the meeting forum on the NJO's site. Please go vote ASAP.

Thank you!

14. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Hello Everyone!!!

our next meeting is going to be on February 13th (Sunday) at 2pm. The location is at Barnes & Noble on Route 9 in Freehold. We'll be having our 2 Year Anniversary Celebration dinner afterwards at Chili's which is right next door to B&N. Everyone is welcomed to attend :)

If you need directions, please PM RJ (Buster726). Hope to see you there!!

15. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    *no snow, no snow, no snow*

Hope to see all the new faces there!!!

Should be a good one!!

~DG~

16. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I just remembered while cleaning house today, we'll also be celebrating Mike's birthday, which is on the 9th, and in spirit, be celebrating Beanie's birthday, which IS on the 13th. FUN FUN FUN!!!

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I just posted the poll for March's meeting. If everyone could go to the meeting forum on newjerseyorder.com and vote, that would be awesome....you've got a week!

18. LMBarnes

LMBarnes Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    Where is the location of March's meeting? And is it okay if I bring a little tyke?

19. DropKickAnt

DropKickAnt Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2004
    the march meeting is gonna be up in North Jerzee, probably near the Garfield area, we will keep you up to date when we know for sure what day, time, and place the meeting will be held on

20. LMBarnes

LMBarnes Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    I'm in Leonia, which is near Englewood. How far is that in relation to Garfield?

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    It's about 20 minutes to half hour. If the meeting's at my apartment, that is.

I don't think a youngling is a problem at all :) We have members who bring their children all of the time!

22. DarthGyos

Apr 23, 2001
    Youngling, eh? Easy to corrupt to the dark side...we'll start him young.

You are more than welcome to show up with the lil tike!

~DG~

23. hchristensenfan

Jul 24, 2003
    Easy to corrupt to the dark side...we'll start him young.
    I was easily tempted into Star Wars Fandom very early on in life...it is easy to corrupt...hehehe.

24. TI-0694

TI-0694 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 11, 2004
    Marie just likes the word 'youngling' cuz it's a letter away from 'Yuengling'.

25. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    That's not true, Mike.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.