main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Upcoming Meeting

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HothGirl, Oct 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Not sure what's planning on being addressed at the meeting but I wanted to post this before I forget.

In the past I guess I've sort of been functioning in the 'secretary' type role
    - eventhough I haven't been the one taking minutes for quite sometime and due to the fact that we haven't really had much to take notes on.

Anyway, because of personal reasons I will not be able to fulfill any kind of
    leadership type role in the group. If events are scheduled and I'm able to make it, I'll of help out but at this time I can't commit to anything.

If there's an event or fundraiser-whatever-I'd probably suggest that whomever is organizing the event just post the important details for us to refer to, be it online or in the group folder. Since we are a fan club I don't know that having in depth notes are really a necessity anyway.

I just wanted everyone to know what was going on on my end. I'm not deserting everyone but I am going to have to take a backseat for a while. I'll try and make meetings and things when I can but it's going to be tougher for me.

~ Katie

2. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey guys,

At this upcoming meeting, we're going to have quite a bit to discuss. Two main things that will be happening at the meeting are:

1.) Nominations - Since we're gonna have to elect a secretary and treasurer, we might as well just have an election for all positions and possibly make this a yearly election. The positions include:
    >President
    >Secretary
    >Treasurer
    >Chapter Representative
    >and one more position will have to be created to balance everything out.

The only position where you need to be at least 18 yrs old to hold would be the Chapter Representative, though I think the treasurer should be someone at least 18 yrs old since they will be dealing with club finances. Start thinking of which positions you'd like to run for.

(note: To vote and/or run for a position, you must be an active member in the club who has attended at least 3 meetings and 1 event)

2.) Photos - At this Sunday's Meeting, we will be taking individual photos of costumes. If Katie made your costume (Ex: Matt, Chris, Dave, Nik), please bring your costumes so we can photograph them. These will be used as part of Katie's portfolio on her website. Also, anyone else who would like a photo taken of there costume is asked to bring theirs as well. Photos of members being used on hothgirl.com will need to fill out a "Use of Photo" permission form, which will be posted in the Yahoo!Group before Friday. If you are a minor, we will also need a signature from a legal parent/guardian. Katie thanks you in advance for your cooperation. :)

*No group photo will be taken at this weekend's meeting. We will wait til our next costumed event for that.

So that's the major business being covered. Hope to see you there!

3. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    DOH! The one Sunday that I have something else to do and there is a meeting schedualed. And I wanted to discuss stuff and do pictures. Oh well. Have fun. There is 10% chance I may show up, but I doubt it.

4. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Hi everyone

I wanted to go ahead and ad my 2 cents into the mix of the elections. This by no means is a bash on anyone or any thoughts that anyone is having ? this is just my opinion nothing more.

I agree that this club does need more than 1 leader, but I think 5 elected officials are a bit much for the size club we have. With saying that I propose the following as positions:

1) President/CR
    2) Secretary/Treasurer
    3) Business Manager/Event Coordinator

Now defining these positions:

President/CR ? This person should be responsible for the overall club as a whole. Their job should entail but is not limited to:

1) Reporting Club activities and business to the RSA and other chapters and vice versa
    2) Oversee the other positions in the club to make sure those board members are doing the job they were elected to do.
    3) Overseeing the boards and enforcing board rules and regulations as stated in the terms of service.

Secretary/Treasurer ? This person should be responsible for the club finances and providing general secretarial duties. Their job should entail but is not limited to:

1) Managing club finances and reporting on status of outgoing and incoming monies for the club.
    2) Oversee the other positions in the club to make sure those board members are doing the job they were elected to do.
    3) Taking minutes at meetings and making sure the club as a whole gets copies of minutes within a reasonable amount of time.
    4) Set up agendas for club meetings and making sure the agenda is posted in a reasonable amount of time prior to meetings. Not come up with agendas mind you, but making sure to communicate with the other board members and making a record/agenda of what will happen at meetings.
    5) Updating and keeping current the club website.

Business Manager/Event Coordinator -? This person should be responsible for coordinating club activities as well as acting as liaison between outside parties and the club. Their job should entail but is not limited to:

1) Research and coordinate all club activities outside of meeting including, but not limited to, Parades, Fund Raisers, and Charity Events.
    2) Report any outside activities at meetings and make sure any questions the club has are answered in a timely manner.
    3) Assist Secretary/Treasurer with their daily duties including discussion of funds, keeping website current, and controlling funds if needed.
    4) Oversee the other positions in the club to make sure those board members are doing the job they were elected to do.

Now I know that this is a lot of info and it is something we need to discuss and think about. I cannot stress enough that this is my opinion nothing more.

Now ? onto the member issue. I gave this a lot of thought today and feel that we need to clarify a couple things right off the bat as it pertains to members. So I am going to offer a suggestion/opinion for everyone to consider.

Active Member ? An active member should be defined as anyone who actively participates in meetings and club events. This member should have attended no less than every other meeting and 1 event.

Inactive Member ? An inactive member should be defined as someone who wants to participate in the club but has time conflicts with meetings and events. This person should still be allowed to participate with the group, although not receive any member perks (to be discussed later)

Honorary Member ? This title should be reserved for Celebrities and/or members who have left our area but still wish to be a part of our group. I have 2 examples for you.

1) Celebrities ? A good example that comes to mind is Mike Quin (I hope I spelled it right). He has become friends with Ryan, Katie, as well as other members. Someone like Mike should get the title of Honorary Member

2) Members who have left the area ? A real good example of this can be found in the very near future. Some of our younger members are going to be leaving the area for college and will not be able to participate as much as an

5. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I agree with all that above. Makes sense. I wish I could be there Sunday to discuss it further.

6. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    So what was discussed at the meeting? Anything to announce?

7. JediAgent

JediAgent Jedi Youngling star 3

May 17, 2002
    Hey Jeff,

I will post everything that happened tomorrow.

--Ryan

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    Is there a meeting this weekend on the 9th? Are we gonna try for the every other week thing still? Just wondering. I just want to have some idea of when meetings are going to be into the new year, so that I make sure not to make other plans.

9. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    Yes - there is a meeting this Sunday

We are going to have a meeting every other week - Chris, Kait, and I have been talking about this.

I wanted to have an agenda of some sort made up for this meeting but I don't think it is going to happen.

See you Sunday

Dave

10. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

May 27, 2001
    I have one or two general topics of discussion that I will bring up Sunday. Basically I would like to see more open discussions like the one we had last time. Members have to open up more about their ideas and feelings. Members have to help the leaders do their job bye communicating what they want. If we do what we did at the last meeting more often, then members will get used to it and will open up more. Also planning ahead of time is a key issue. I know that I do not have to remind any one of this. Now that we know what we can do on short notice, think of what we can do next time with a whole year to think about it. Its never to early to start discussing anything. I will explain what I mean better at the meeting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.