Upcoming Meetings.

Discussion in 'Omaha, NE' started by paperclipx, Nov 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok all, as we enter the "Holiday Season" and with Return of the King coming out as well, here is my proposal for the next two meetings.

Since most, if not all, of us are going to see RotK, I suggest we move our 'official' meeting back to the 18th, and just go the movie opening night.

Then have our regular Jan 4th meeting, and have that be our "Holiday Party" meeting.

Just suggestions. Thoughts? Ideas?
  2. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    How about "No whining!"?
  3. sith_itch Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, I like the suggestions, RotK sounds fun, and you can never go wrong with a Holiday Party. Both will be designated "whine free zones". Now we just have to figure out which showing of RotK. Also, are we going to do some sort of gift grab bag or white elephant gifts for the holiday party? I volunteer to bring cookies.
  4. paperclipx Jedi Master

star 4
    That would be up to everyone to decide, but I dont think anyone would turn down your cookies!
  5. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    Mmmm, cookies...

A gift exchange sounds cool. Are we talking about gag-type gifts or stuff up to like $10?
  6. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    Mmmmmmm....cooookiiessss....

Maybe we should all decide on a time once it gets closer to the release and buy a bunch of tickets when they go on sale? Or perhaps even go to a theater...The new one in Council Bluffs is supposed to be good and supposedly not very busy.
  7. That awful vracer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I've been to it. The only complaints i have are the snacks are way too expensive, and the seats are uncomfortable. i wouldn't want to sit in those seats for almost 4 hours. I'd vote for seeing it in either Cinema Center, or Q9, since their sound systems are far superior to AMC, also less crowded, but no one's going to listen to me. :_|

Whoops, no whining, sorry. :D
  8. craigrr Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm sorry. Did you say something? ;)

Q9 sounds good to me. They're bound to be less crowded than AMC. With any luck, we won't run into TYOV.
  9. sarahpie Jedi Knight

star 1
    TYOV?

And yeah, Q9 is always almost deserted. I remember going there to buy Ep.1 tickets way back when and there was nobody there. How early do advanced tickets go on sale?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.