main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Meetings

Discussion in 'Archive: Killeen, TX' started by Darth_Fairacon, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fairacon

Darth_Fairacon Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 24, 2004
    Let's talk about how often we should hold our meetings, not events.

I know they can be one in the same, but I feel there should be at least one meeting each month where "the biz" gets taken care of. Voting, member issues, trip signups, things of that nature.

There should also be the fun stuff like, PS2 nite or movie nights, such as before.

Your thoughts...

DF

2. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    Once a month sounds good. I'm in town Mondays Wendsdays and Fridays. Monday's the best day for me.

TC

3. Tandeer

Tandeer Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2001
    Monday nights are football...
    the first Wednesday of the Month I'm in Austin.. but other Wednesday nights are good
    First Saturdays I'm in Austin all day for sure, as well as most Sundays now and I usually leave on Friday nights.

I lead another group ( non-SW) that is trying to get off the ground as well and I think we will be meeting either on Tuesdays or Thursdays.

So I guess what I'm saying is, Tuesday, Wednesday ( except the 1st one ) or Thursdays is best for me.

I agree with once a month. Especially since we are coming into the holiday months soon and folks are even more pressed for time than usual.

Whatever we decided, we should keep it the same day/place/time every month so that we can advertise in the newspapers.

Tandeer

4. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    The Show in Dallas in Oct.23&24.

I think we should have a meeting either Wed. Oct. 13th or Wed. Oct. 20th?

Ideas anyone?

* is soooo tempted to do the Bueller... Bueller... thing*

5. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, most folks have weekends off since we are in a military town...

I am up for any day, but I agee with Debby that we should hold the meetings in the same place, same time each month.

Todd
    DF

6. Dark_Side_Spider

Dark_Side_Spider Jedi Youngling

Sep 28, 2004
    Wednesday's are good for me.

7. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Ok folks, it's getting close to the next meeting time.

How about we shoot for WEDNESDAY - 20 OCT 2004 - CiCi's Pizza - 7PM

Any objections?

I would like to get this one settled so I can get the firm date posted on our website...

Todd
    DF

8. nodeploy69

nodeploy69 Jedi Youngling

Sep 13, 2004
    dude, make it so #1. pick the time we will make it there, there will never be a perfect time for everyone, so i concure the 20th

scott

9. JosephEck

JosephEck Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 21, 2003
    You know, I was thinking something...

Since some of us have costumes, and since I spend some time every day up at Scott & White hospital in Temple - what if we coordinated with the Pediatrics section on the 4th floor and made an appearance on Saturday the 9th of October to help brighten up those kid's days?

I'm sure the hospital wouldn't mind one bit, and I could talk to the nursing staff while I'm up there this Sunday to see if it would be cool with them...

Let me know what y'all think...

Joe :)

10. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Sounds like a great idea Joe.

Go ahead and start a new thread on it.

I'm in!

Also, I posted the next meeting date for OCTOBER 20th 2004 at CiCi's pizza again, just as before.

Details can be found here of course:
    http://www.killeenfanforce.com

Debby, is there any way you can notify Elizabeth or Brian so we can get the next events posted to the TFN front page to get noticed?

The 2 events we need posted are the DVD movie night and the next meeting.

(And possibly the Scott and White visit if that goes through for Joe)

Thanks...

Todd
    DF

11. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Ok folks, just in case you missed it, here is the next meeting date/time/place:

Killeen, TX Ocotber FanForce Meeting
    Tue, Oct 05, 04 08:50:24 PM EDT

Date: Wednesday, October 20th 2004
    Time: 7 PM
    Location: Cici's PIZZA in Killeen, next to BIG LOTS and Radio Shack on FT Hood Street
    Address: 832 S. Ft Hood Street - (254)-520-2424

Directions: From Interstate 35, head WEST towards KILLEEN and FT HOOD using HWY 190, from there EXIT FT HOOD Street, head north. Cici's can be seen in the shopping area off to your right hand side. Many places to park.

Topics of Discussion:
    - More Fan film ideas!
    - Costume ideas and designs!
    - New products released for collectors!
    - Additions to our new website!
    - Attending the Celebration 3 convention!
    - Introducing new members!

For more information, please visit the KFF Message board located HERE. New members are always welcome. We hope to see you there!

Of course you can see meeting times and dates as well as many other events on our new calendar on our KFF website! http://www.killeenfanforce.com Just click on the calendar link!

Todd
    Darth_Fairacon

12. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I'll post a reminder on the main page closer to the 20th.

13. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Thanks so much Elizabeth! Much appreciated...

Todd
    DF

14. Calest_DaSule

Calest_DaSule Jedi Youngling

Jan 28, 2003
    My son and I would like to attened the meeting. He is twelve years old. Would this be a problem?

15. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    Not a problem at all! In fact kids are encouraged!!

One of the mandates of being an offical Fan Force Group is that we do not restrict our membership in any way. *S*

We love kids! The Co-creator of this group has 2, but I don't know about any of the others I've just recently met. *S*

Hope to see you tonight!

16. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    I hope that the meeting went well.

I'm sorry that I missed it. I was waiting, in my 90 degree house, for a repairman who NEVER showed up! * fumes*

Is anyone going to Dallas this weekend?

17. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Yep, we had a great meeting!! We have 4 and 1/2 new members (I say a half for Justin, Paul's son hehehe) and things went very well...

A big shout out to our newest members:

William
    Paul
    Justin
    Ardell
    Patrick

Welcome to you all!!

We discussed upcoming events and came out with the following:

1. We wanted to have a Halloween Party, but found that most folks already had a commitment on the SAT-SUN timeframe, so the idea was noted as a good one, be scraped until next year. :)

2. We discussed going to Plano for the Comic CON and exchanged phone numbers. Woody and Jim will be going together, Ardell, Patrick and William will be driving up, and Scot and Todd (me) will be driving. I asked Paul about him and he said his family would drive up separately, but we would all meet at the Whataburger or inside the CON after we all arrive. We exchanged cell numbers and we'll hookup then. If you are interested in catching a ride or getting with us all once you are in Plano, email me and I will give you some contact info. :)

3. We discussed our new website and additions therein. I suggested a new portion for collectors to share info and post things they are wanting to trade/sell on the site. People seemed to like the idea so I will go ahead and add that into the design process.

4. We talked about chnaging the name of the chapter. People seemed to like the Outer-Rim theory and we all came up with some great ideas for names, but determined that picking a name "on the spot" in Cici's was harder than it looked. So we will continue discussion on the TFN portion thread here for awhile longer. :)

5. People exchanged notes and ideas and Woody showed off some excellent reps from MR like sabers and his working thermal-det. Loved it! Woody also has some items for sale he said, so get with him on that. Good deals there...

6. Paul, a new member told he has completed a script for a FAN FILM he has in mind. I really liekd this idea and with my video editng software and suport from the fans, we could really get something going. I have always wanted to do a FAN FILM. More on this in a new thread!! hehehe

Well, that's about all I can think of at the moment.

Did I miss anything?

Todd

18. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Well folks!

It's getting to be that time of the month!

We need some events people wanna do and the next meeting to be scheduled.

Any thoughts?

Perhaps Temple this time for the meeting? Since the Temple members have been so cool about driving all the way down here for the meets?

Or just CiCi's agian?

We have a few cool names to vote on, some events ideas planned.

Let's get it started!

Todd
    DF

19. britt1

britt1 Jedi Master star 1

Dec 10, 2001
    Have any of you ever heard of meetup.com? They have a listing of meetups for just about any fandom you can think of. There is a Star Wars listing for Temple

starwars.meetup.com/93/

New Event: Temple Star Wars November Meetup
    Added to Events by on October 18, 2004
    When:
    Monday, November 15, 7:00 PM
    Where:
    Applebee's Neighborhood Grill & Bar
    1808 Sw H K Dodgen Loop
    Temple, TX
    254-771-5991

but it needs a sponsor to be official. Todd, since you mentioned having our meeting in Temple this month would incorporating this be a viable option? It lists Applebees as the meeting place but that could probably be changed since it would be a little pricey for everyone. Temple does have a CiCi's and two Starbucks too. Anyway just a suggestion.

Jim

20. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    We could, we could.

How does everyone else feel about this?

I take it this is just the Temple group or are they an offical FF chapter I wonder...

Also, can you email me Joe, I need the contact info for the lady at S&W in Temple for the pics from the last event.

Thanks!
    Todd

21. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    this is not a FF chapter although the listed members are me and some people from the Waco fan force. we haven't ever had a meeting. if you check the listing for Temple you will find dozens of different meetups listed although most have never met since they don't have a sponsor. The only one I have been to was a Star Trek one a couple of weeks ago...it was just me, Woody and a girl named Marty.

you might want to consider changing the meeting place from Applebees to Starbucks, CiCi's or some other more affordable place in Temple.

Jim

22. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Well, how does everyone feel about CiCi's in Temple then?

I will go ahead and change it to CiCi's in Temple, more affordable and easier to find. :)

So it's set, 17 NOV 2004, 7PM, CiCi's Pizza in Temple.

Last change. No more changes. Ok??

I think we are starting to confuse people.

Todd
    DF

23. britt1

Dec 10, 2001
    This sounds good to me!

24. Tandeer

Apr 7, 2001
    I won't be there tonight. Between this rain and my work schedule, my leg is stiff and giving me fits. *sighs*

Ya'll have fun without me and let me know what happened.

25. Darth_Fairacon

Aug 24, 2004
    Ok, I have a new idea. I have watched the Austin chapter do a few things and they seem to have more sucess having their meetings on regularly scheduled times of the month at the same places.

I would like to propose that we move our monthly meetings to around the first part of the month.

Any thoughts??

Todd
    DF

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.