main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Roch, NY Upcoming Meetings

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediNitess, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediNitess

JediNitess Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    As you all have probably guessed, things are going to be a bit hectic for the next couple weeks due to the holidays. Before our regular meetings resume, I thought getting some feedback from you guys might be helpful.

There have been a few of you that have expressed conflicts either with the meeting time, day, or place. Now would be a good time to propose something being that the New Year is rapidly approaching if you'd like a change to be made. You could suggest a different day(s), time, place and we could take a poll if there is enough intrest in trying to change one (or all) of the above. But if you want something to change you need to SUGGEST something! I know it's hard to maybe think of a different place to meet (or whatever the case) but do try.

It would be great to get more of you to be able to come out on a regular basis, but we need to gather some information if we're going to try and accomidate. :)

Pass your thoughts onto the board if you'd like.

2. Jedi-Nitess

Jedi-Nitess Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 26, 2002
    And just so you guys know, JediNitess is me...*laughs* I was at work and forgot I have both names registered. So the first is not an imposter ;)

3. lgtsbr

lgtsbr Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2002
    My schedule is pretty open - so time and day isn't a real concern

4. Otto_den_Ktulu

Otto_den_Ktulu North Ridge Event Coordinator star 5

Jan 19, 2002
    See, I've just had other things sceduled that I couldn't back out on. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to make it to the next meeting.

5. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    Possibly a different place - maybe a little quieter with a little more parking.......

6. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    it's just so hard to find a central place Ithough. and I know it's hard to park at Spot and all, but I can't think of a central place where we could meet otherwise. Can anyone else think of a different place?

7. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Not exactly...

8. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Village Gate was perfect in my opinion. Its practically just right down the road from Spot Coffee. Not very far from where that is at all at all. That street crosses Goodman. If your on the expressway Its easy to find just get off from Goodman on 490 and its on the end. Yeah it may be a little darker then we would like it perhaps, but no one bugs us and there is plenty of room all to our selves up stairs at the tables and plenty of parking. There are restaurants there if someone wants to get something to eat. And there are cool shops to browse in. Perhaps I am alone in this thinking but its better then spot and the best place until we find something else that is better but I highly doubt we ever will, at least not in the city.

9. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    He's got a point......

10. BlueRoommate

BlueRoommate Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2002
    I like the Village Gate idea- if for nothing else the parking accomodations. Also, if we're giving our thoughts, I vote for later in the day. I know I would love to be more involved, and go to meetings, but on Sundays I have to either work or volunteer to make money for my Winterguard, and either way I'm not free until 4:30ish. If we did another night, I'd vote for Friday. Still not a school/ work night, and if we dont meet until 8ish I'd bet more people can come. Just throwing my thoughts in...

~MaryAnne

11. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002

Just as clarification...we won't be having a meeting this weekend (December 29th) due to the holidays.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

12. STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB

STAR-WARS-FREAK-JPB Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2001
    Well, I am open for just about anytime as well, but with such a diverse age group as ours its not to good to have the meetings that late. Younger people may not drive yet and families do stuff later on like dinner, church and stuff like that. They also have other activities going on. Some people have to have it early and some late and then there are those that it does not matter, like myself. I think a compromise of between 2 and 3 would work out the best. Or we could alternate every other meeting. Its going to be very hard to come up with a good time for all of course. Sat. is best for some and Sun. is better for others. A poll may be in order. Also since we have them every two weeks then people may be able to plan there schedules better. They nay not be able to make it this next time, but they could two weeks later. Not every one is going to be able to make it every time obviously, that's why the 2 week thing is good. Its more chances to make it.

13. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    Just wondering now that the holidays are over when and where the next meeting is goning to be?

-John Kemnitz

14. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    check the website - unless something has changed it is next sunday the 12th at spot coffee - I don't remember the time

15. BWD912zeta

BWD912zeta Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 26, 2002
    cool thanks dave.

-John Kemnitz

16. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
  17. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    I can come!!! It's at 2 right?

18. lgtsbr

Nov 4, 2002
    it is at 1:30 I think - but if you go by Ryan time 2 is good (sorry Ryan, just couldn't resist....)

19. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Yes the meeting is 1:30pm ... hope to see all your smiling faces. :D

20. Otto_den_Ktulu

Jan 19, 2002
    Ok, 1:30, I'll tell the rents. ;) :p

21. Czewbaka

Czewbaka Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2002
    Because of the nature of my job [retail] getting off any sunday [or sat] is a big chore considering I'm the only one in charge in my department. And even with a sun off I have other obligations that take up my time. The earliest I could attend any meeting on sun is like 4:30-5pm and thats if I'm not working retail.. if I am then I wouldnt be out of work till almost 6:30. At the very least a different time on sun would help me out.

22. Jedi-Nitess

Jun 26, 2002
    Just FYI for anyone looking for the minutes...

The meeting minutes from Sunday will be posted tomorrow (Tuesday) evening. I had a few things come up and was unable to finish typing them up tonight. They're almost done so I will finish them up and upload them in the Minutes folder on yahoo tomorrow.

Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.