main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Meets and Events

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Sebulba2179, Mar 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wildstar02301

Wildstar02301 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 2003
    If anyone's interested, the Brockton Rox professional baseball team has a home game against the New Jersey Jackals on the 26th @ 2:05 PM. Box seats are $8/each, so it's a pretty cheap take. The opponents were last year's Northeast League champions, so we'll be seeing a pretty decent game. There is also a chance, depending on how the Rox' starting rotation sets up on that day, that we may see former Red Sox pitcher Dennis "Oil Can" Boyd in action.

2. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Do we know what we're doing next week, yet? There's been no meet thread posted.

3. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    I just noticed something...the Simons IMAX Theater @ the New England Aquarium is not showing "Batman Begins". You guys want to plan something else (maybe the Rox game as I suggested) or should we do the movie @ the Boston Common Loews?

4. PadmeSusyQ

PadmeSusyQ Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2005
    Sorry gang. Can't make a meet for several weeks. I am leaving the 9-5 and moving on to consulting work which leaves me doing the uncomfortable task of documenting and transitioning the various parts of my job. I feel like I am having a garage sale for my job because everything falls into such different work groups. Anyone know a good IT project manager looking for steady work?

Please post if anyone is having a Burger King toy swap meet. Have a great June :)

5. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Good luck sorting things out over the next few weeks. :)

6. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    there is a drive-in theater in mendon, ma that is showing a double feature....batman begins followed by ROTS. www.mendondrivein.com check it out. : )

7. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    brockton rox games are really fun too.

8. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    hello everyone. well life has been pretty hectic lately. i am starting a new job on july 18 and my sister is getting married in my back yard on the 26th. AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH. anyway we are also having BBQs on July 3rd and July 17th and probably July 24th too!! pick one and we will call it a meet!! hope wade can bring the trivia game! stay cool!

9. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Sarah

I'm open to either the 17th or the 24th, though I'll likely have b-day parties both of those Saturdays (a good friend's 40th on the 16th and my sister's on the 23rd). I'm leaning more toward the 24th to make sure Rosie can make it. :)

10. YodaChick

YodaChick Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2005
    BBQ at my house in Weymouth on the 24th. feel free to bring the family. mine will be there. the fun starts around 1 or 2 or whenever you want. : )

11. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hey Boston!! I sent Roseanna a PM about our BBQ coming up on the 31st and I see it isn't on your boards at all.

Here's our link:

http://boards.theforce.net/New_Jersey/b10113/20457459/?3

We'd love to see our Boston friends there :)

12. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Since the possibility of having an August meet is just about history, and the fact that I thought this thread could use a bump, what's going on for meets moving forward? I know coming up there's the Wizard World (Sept 30th-Oct 2nd) Science of SW exhibit (starting October 27th and running through to April '06) and SuperMegafest (November 19th-20th). Any plans as to when the Rebels might be attending any of these as a group?

13. Wildstar02301

Aug 7, 2003
    Wizard World right now is a maybe, and the other two are definites, AFAIK. I do have a question, though. If we want to see the MoS exhibit on opening weekend, should we be getting tickets now or do you think we can wait?

14. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    If the plan is for the October meet to be the MOS exhibit on opening weekend (Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th) anyone interested in going should probably get tickets ASAP. They are already on sale (have been since August 15th), so who knows what the availability is for that weekend at this point. If November is going to be Megafest and December is going to be a gift swap then there's always January for the MOS exhibit. Most people probably won't want to wait that long to see it though.

15. DarthWormie

DarthWormie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2004
    Just to throw this out there, what are everyone's thoughts on having a Halloween party as either an official or unofficial meet in October?

16. hchristensenfan

hchristensenfan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2003
    Having a Halloween party sounds like fun. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.