main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Upcoming Movies

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Singularity, May 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Singularity

Singularity Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2002
    Well, Episode III isn't til 2005. However, there are plenty of cool movies coming out between now and then. How about we loosely attempt to view cool movies as a group leading up to Episode III? I assume everyone or most everyone here will be into the science fiction/fantasy-type movies.

X2 would have been nice to see together. Alas, too late to see the opening. But The Matrix Reloaded is out May 15! If you're interested in getting together to see it at Regal Stonecrest drop me an email or an AOL IM at bailedo.

Other cool movies to anticipate this year are:

The Hulk (6/20/2003)
    Terminator 3 (7/2/2003)
    The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen (7/11/2003)
    Tomb Raider (7/25/2003)
    The Matrix Revolutions (11/5/2003)
    The Return of the King (12/17/2003) [I'm sure my wife will start a line party soon for this one]

2004 has several cool movies on slate too including the Fantastic Four; X-Files 2; Spiderman 2; Harry Potter 3; I, Robot; The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe; King Arthur; and many more.

2005 has a movie I think you're all familiar with. :D But also Indiana Jones 4, Daredevil 2, Dr. Strange, Harry Potter 4, Jurassic Park 4, Robots, and who knows what else.

Anyway, just an idea.

2. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    Ok, I guess this wasn't a good idea. :(

3. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    No, it's a good idea, just no one visits this board anymore. :(

Um, I should be able to go to any of those films (except T3), just pick a time and place, and I'll get the word out.

?Eaglet

4. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    *absentee City Rep checking in...*

Sorry guys...my fault. :(

This is an awesome idea, Singularity, and I'd like to arrange to go see at least one of the summer movies together.

In addition to the ones listed, is anyone else a fan of the American Pie movies?

Aside from that...

I definitely want to have a FanForce dinner-plus-ROTK/HP3 viewing when those come out. I'm up for suggestions regarding the other films listed, too.

Another suggestion: this summer, OT marathon, my place. Let me know what you guys think, if the idea is popular and can be arranged, I'll make a separate thread for it.

5. Allie Fox

Allie Fox FanForce CR Macon GA US star 3

Jan 13, 2000
    Movie get-toethers are always great and easy to plan. The Macon Clones have gotten together for films such as LOTR:TTT, ST:Nemesis, X2 and Matrix: Reloaded. We usually have a dinner meeting before then head to the theater.

I'm sure we will be lining up for some of the other films mentioned above.

6. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    This is late notice but my wife and I have a friend who is visting us from NYC (who is originally from Denmark). He has not seen X2 or Matrix Reloaded yet since he has been in the States so we are taking him to both of these movies at some point this weekend. I suspect we'll go see one movie around 7ish this Saturday night. We'll probably go catch dinner at Miro afterwards.

If you'd like to join us post here and let me know or instant message me (AIM: bailedo) - I'm almost always on during the day. I don't think we care which movie we see Saturday night so if you have a preference let us know. And just to warn you, we are nuts. :D

7. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    Oh yeah, we'll be going to see the movie at the Stonecrest shopping center.

8. Singularity

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey, Anakin_girl - an OT marathon is a great idea. Sign my wife and I up!

9. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    That goes for me too!

And my girlfriend!

[whisper]gregory, you don't have a girlfriend[/whisper]

Well, scratch her! Just me!

?Eaglet

10. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    Singularity: You're signed up--watch for a thread for notice. :)

I'll let you know about Saturday night--I was planning to come but I've just had an...er...health issue come up...as in I'm loaded on painkiller right now and not out of bed too much. If I'm better by Saturday I'm going to try to come though. And I don't care which film either. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.