1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:QLD Upcoming movies

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nyder, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    See Iron Man fly on the Apple trailers page. Short but cool.
  2. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    It looks like a Cars sequel will be happening.

Why I'm not offended by this:
    -Cars is a good movie (if not one that strikes me as particularly sequel-worthy).
    -We know Pixar are very careful about this sort of thing. If they've greenlit a sequel, the story concept would have to be rock-solid.
    -With Michael Eisner out of the picture and John Lasseter & Co. wielding considerable influence over Disney, it's unlikely this was a purely financial decision.

Why I'm not excited by this:
    -It's occupying space that could have been offered to an original idea (and Pixar aren't short on those).
    -It's a Pixar sequel that's not The Incredibles 2.
  3. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Have to agree on all those issues HappyBob. After REPEATED Cars viewings, it's not one of my favourite kids films ever, and certainly not one of my favourite Pixar ones.

Mind you, the munchkin will be most awesomely stoked :)
  4. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I love Cars myself, and don't quite get why people call it Pixar's weakest film, but that's neither here nor there. I don't think it needs a sequel. In fact, I think it takes away from the the nice story arc. Then again, Toy Story 2 was fantastic.

And that said: I don't think there should be a Toy Story 3 either, but hey-o, it's coming. :p

At least all their other stuff sounds great. Up is sounding really interesting, as is the fairy-tale one I've forgotten the name of. Go Pixar.
  5. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    I know people will sigh, and moan, and alot of other things but ....

New Trailer to premier with Speed racer

I for one will be lining up like the good old days :p I just want to see it in better quality:rolleyes:
  6. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Still not doing it for me.

Maybe I need to see it in higher quality, but I don't like the art style any more than when I saw the first images.
  7. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    While i agree, I'm keeping an open mind....

I hated the art style of the new TMNT movie last year when i saw the trailer but was really surprised when i got around to watching it. Like it said, get ready to see star wars like never before.
  8. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    No arguments with that. Certainly the end of the trailer with all the large-scale action sequences looked pretty neat. But I want to see it in high-def before I pass final judgement on the look.

Franly, my biggest issue with it is that I'm a fan of the EU (the novels and comics), and the Clone Wars era is paced pretty tight with intricate and interconnected stories already. The 2D cartoon was problematic enough for people as pendantic as me about continuity, and I somehow doubt this one will be any better. But I'm under no illusions that I'm in the minority of people who give a toss about that crap, and that's cool. I'm sure I'll end up watching the thing regardless of the quality it ends up having.
  9. Luke_Sparkewalker Force Ghost

star 4
    For sure, i'm right there with ya.
    And the fact that in an interview with the writers/director GL told them not to worry about the current continuity doesn't help the case. I know alot of people already turned off by that facto_O
  10. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
  11. GoobaFish Jedi Master

star 4
    So...you think some rabid fans might want to try and get a 'refund' because the EU's not 'canon'??
  12. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    You can't spell refund without EU.

Not sure what I was trying to achieve with that statement.
  13. o__O Jedi Knight

star 3
  14. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not sure what you were trying to achieve by quoting it without adding anything to the conversation. :p
  15. Kahlan72 Jedi Master

star 4
    Edit..ignore me..trying to be amusing and failing. meh
  16. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    This ain't your grandaddy's The Spirit...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  17. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm really looking forward to that. Sin City has really, really grown on me over time and I'm eager to see a sequel, but a Spirit adaptation in that style appeals oh so much more.
  18. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    So it's only a week till Iron Man, kids. We better organise ourselves an outing. Ooh, perhaps Iron Man Friday night, followed by Serious Business Live on Saturday?
  19. Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Organised? Us?

Friday night's out for myself and the duchess and anyone else going to the Katie Heidke-Miller concert, and I've got to drop in on a bunch of drunken lawyers before the concert to celebrate stuff.

I'm going Thursday some time. I refuse to wait for my superhero films; it's always turned out badly in the past when I do.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider
  20. Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Master

star 4
    I've got to work on Friday night, so I'll probably see it on Thursday.
  21. BigBossNass1138 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Alright, well I see no reason I can't do Thursday. Let me know what session you guys look like ending up at, and I'll hopefully join you. The cinema's just down the road from where I work, so it'll be a nice, easy jaunt.
  22. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
    Thursday sounds good to me.
  23. Lozza Jedi Master

star 4
  24. morgan-aleghieri Jedi Master

star 4
  25. HappyBob Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm all for Thursday.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.