main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Upcoming movies

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Nyder, Feb 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
  2. Magnus Darcrider

Magnus Darcrider Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2000
    Rumour is that Disney will be releasing a high quality official version of this footage sometime soon. They'd be stupid not to.

This is just test footage to say "Hey, we're making a sequel to TRON! And look! We got Jeff Bridges back!" Not surprising on that last; watch the documentaries on the TRON 20th Anniversary DVD and you learn that Bridges loves the film. I was always surprised he didn't have a cameo in the game though.

Now I'm immediately wondering if Bruce Boxleitner will return :p

Where's a time machine when you want it?

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

3. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, the Box-meister was in Tron 2.0, so he at least has some affection for the film. It'd be pretty great.

4. Magnus Darcrider

Magnus Darcrider Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2000
    Indeed, and he also likes TRON. But he's also one of those sci-fi actors who feels it's important to maintain continuity within a project so will return if it requires his presence. My main concern is that Disney won't ask him, and we'll end up with a situation with John Rhys-Davies for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull.

Anyway, I dug this up, seemed appropriate and a good reminder that I shouldn't get ahead of myself :p

[image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/Darcrider/Nostalgia.jpg]

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

5. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince trailer

I like that this trailer is going for the origin story angle, and I hope the movie lives up to this. In the book, the backstory has a very historical, exposition-y vibe, but I think it could actually work a lot better on film.

The biggest question still remains. Which nickname are the internet fans going to embrace? Voldemort Begins or Harry Potter Origins: Voldemort?

6. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Ooh, very nice. I like the emphasis on the past, because that's what the film series has been sorely lacking, and it's the most important aspect of that book.

For those so inclined, high definition versions can be found here.

In the meantime, check out the Terminator Salvation Comic-Con panel. I'm seriously starting to think these guys can pull this thing off. I'm loving everything I'm hearing about where this film's going. It's still up in the air, of course, but it's sounding positive...

7. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    agreed. everything about this film, so far, is becoming quite positive.

8. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    Of the recent Terminator information to come out of Comic Con, the news that's gotten me perhaps the most excited is that of all the scriptwriters to work on the project, Jonathan Nolan contributed the most. McG has cited Batman Begins as a standard to aim for in the past. Now it seems that little bit more credible.

9. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Cruising the Universal site and found this... Looks cute

awww

10. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    That puts me in mind of Dumbo and Ratatouille more than Stuart Little or Shrek. I'd never heard of this movie now, but this just might be excellent.

11. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Ahh I am looking forward to Astro Boy in 2009. lol

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Have I not been listening, or is this the first time this has been mentioned here?? Cool. Cool entirely for Finn's sake. He's going be slightly excited.

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Thought I'd post what other people in other places are watching :)

Friend in San Francisco went to see Neverending Story and Labyrinth today..

in a very old cool theatre after our own hearts. Of course it's in teh gay district of SF :)

Actually..I know we do do this, but we should totally get back to having movie nights at each others places every couple weeks where we watch a couple of movies pre-discussed and chosen. I'm not sure I've ever seen Return to Oz, but want to now after seeing that description on the Castro site.

14. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Jake Gyllenhaal as the Prince of Persia

Okay, he looks the part, but when the Hell did he get cast??

Still, would have preferred, ya know, a persian in the title role!

Jordan Mechner's writing the script, and they're going with the Pirates of the Caribbean paradigm for the production, so I've got highish hopes.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

15. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    He definitely looks the part and thinking back to the 'Sands of Time' game, I think the casting on that one is really good... it's not like the character had a thick Persian accent or anything.

One of the guys over at ConceptArt.org did the Teaser Poster for the movie and it looks pretty cool - I sent a link to AICN but they apparently didn't think it was very news-worthy - It has since been removed.

16. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Hmmm Astro Boy, another beloved childhood memory...

As for prince of persia, he's too white...

17. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Harry Potter & The Half Blood Prince has been pushed back from a release date at the end of this year to July next year. Apparently there's more money in it for the WB if they do this.

Releasing their teaser then doing this is the corporate equivalent of waggling their fingers either side of their head and yelling "nyah nyah!" at the fans :p

Since I think most of us thought it was coming out next year anyway, this does little damage.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

18. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    Yes, the only surprise I got from the news was: "this was meant to be out earlier?"
    I'm looking forward to it as much as the next casual Potter fan, but waiting has never been a new problem. 1.5 years between movies is remarkable as it is. A delay like this only puts the release schedule in line with that of the mortal world.

I'm really getting interested in Quentin Tarantino's World War 2 film(s?), Inglorious Bastards. The casting news alone is so compellingly insane.

Brad Pitt - A very capable actor, and the only one so far who could be called a logical dramatic choice.

Eli Roth - Yes. The director of Hostel. Okay, um, sure.

Mike Myers - A very talented guy who frankly needs this sort of role to atone for The Love Guru.

Apparently both Adam Sandler and Simon Pegg could have been on board, if scheduling conflicts hadn't gotten in the way, and BJ Novak (Ryan from The Office) is also in talks to join.

Every single person on this list is capable of bringing a very strong personality to a movie role, pending the right material and direction. For a story about an eclectic team of criminals conscripted into a war mission, the cast so far actually makes sense. For a given value of "sense".

We haven't had much reason to doubt Tarantino's casting ability so far. I'm far more fascinated than cynical.

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well this makes my lawyer gland tingle (it's in my right armpit); Fox is trying to get money out of the WB over Watchmen rights.

That article is a good jumping off point, but there are better links throughout, and throughout those too. What I find most interesting is that this justifies the WB's moving of the next Harry Potter film to next year to cover potential losses strategically.

This is really a low "Frak You!" by Fox, up there with Universal's stupid shenanigans a couple of years back, but I kind of expect this sort of low blow from "the morons at Fox".

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
  21. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That's actually really good, Neech. I had no idea you drew/painted. Going to look at the rest of your work now. :)

22. HappyBob

Mar 7, 2002
    As above. That's amazing work, Neech. For what it's worth from a once-a-year deviantART lurker, consider your page Watched.

(Christ, I hope that doesn't sound like a bad pun.)

23. morgan-aleghieri

morgan-aleghieri Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    Saw that come up on my DA Watch list - very nifty :) I may have even +fav'd it.

24. NeecH

NeecH Jedi Master star 4

Feb 14, 2003
    Thanks, I've been drawing all my life but I only started painting with a Wacom board about 6months ago and have tried to learn everything I can about that particular style/technique. Started getting into concept art and am now working with a toy designer here in Japan during my free time. Some of the work I've done for him is in my gallery there - anything listed with 'Ma.K' before it.

Thank you also Morgan and HappyBob - I left messages on your DA pages. :)

25. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    A very, very poor
    SSCC Bootleg Trailer for X-men Origins: Wolverine.

You can just see a few clips for the scenes i worked on.(military ones)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.