1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:NZ Upcoming Music gigs

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SithForceLord, Nov 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, I'm still kinda bitter about missing out on the Mark Nofler (sp?) concerts earlier this year, cause I got taken to Dire Straights when I was 5 by dad, still remember the ringing in my ears :p

John Fogerty Dec 1, me and JP are heading along. Should be amazing.

U2 - St Paddy's day 2006, possibly 2 shows on consequtive nights in Auckland

Fleetwood Mac chick (not good with names, JP: insert name) plays with apparently some random band (so say's Radio Hauraki. They were like "that's a strange combination!"

So, yea - some good bands, U2 would be amazing...

Anyone going to any of these? STH?
  2. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Hmmmm how much would U2 cost and when do tickets go on sale? I will probably go to it as long as tickets arent like 500$ each, would be an awesome concert!
  3. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Stevie Nicks. Not some random band (includes the legendary Waddy Wachel). They were probably referring to the other 2 on the bill, John Farnham & Vanessa Carlton.

Bic Runga end of the month, plus Dobbyn's touring now.

John Cleese (though not a music gig).

Big Day Out.

Gonna be an expensive summer, I think...
  4. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    hmmm ... would quite like to see John Fogherty as I'm a bit of a CCR fan, but not sure how much the tickets are etc Similarly, I'd like to see the Bic show, but feel like gigs are increasing in price far in excess of my income going up. I remember pay $45 for U2 in '93 and thinking it was a ridiculous amount of money. Now some crappy garage band playing at the Kings Arms charge that much!

I think the BDO is gonna be the bes value for money ... so many amazing bands, and that's only the first announcement.
  5. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm sure U2 tickets wont be $500. Prob cheapest will be $120>

"John Farnham", that's who the hauraki people said was a bit of a weird combo, I think (wasa few days ago now)

Tickets for John Fogerty STH: $81, $90ish or $120 odd

And yea, it's funny how I've always thought BDO was expensive... but then I just paid about that much for one guy. /shrugs/

meh
  6. Chansplace Jedi Master

star 4
    The Foo Fighters are playing this weekend in welly. I wanna go.
  7. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yea, I heard the auckland gig went off!!!

Woohoo, Fogerty this Thursday! Can't wait.

Funny story. Last friday night my mate told us he was playing a gig at Auckland Uni's shadows bar, so i invited a chick to go see it and to catch up etc and some maets were gonna meet us there. We get there and the bar girl is like "no bands tonight, they got the dates wrong". So I feel amazingly embarressed, so a beer or two later and some games of pool my other mates turn up and yea, start drinking cause they were already toasted, and didn't care the bands weren't playing.

Didn't matter for me either, cause the date went fantastic, and I'm kinda glad cause my mates band is a bit death metalish, and i go to support him, don't really like it, and i told the chick this and she didn't mind either, so yea, the gig never happened but was a good night anyway. :p
  8. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    WOW!

Fogerty was absolutely phenominal! For an old bugger, man he had energy! He sang for a good 1.5-2 hours and they were rockin.

It's an amazing feeling to be in the Civic with a sold out concert with the average age, 2 generations older than me all rockin away and getting right into it!

ALL HIS HITS, and heaps of other great songs, except Suzie Q, and that is the only song I can think of that he didn't play, and it's only because early on some woman yelled out "SUZIE Q! SUZIE Q!" and it stayed in my mind.

After every big hit, we were like, "oh, that's got to be it" but no, a guy would come out and he'd change his guitar and get straight into another song!

Unbelievable. :)

Best night out!!! :D :D :D
  9. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Missed out on u2 tickets.... guess I might shell out 310 bucks for one on trademe.... :(
  10. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    as if!

Wait till next monday and get normal priced tickets for the second gig on the 18th.
  11. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    they're playing on the 18th?
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  13. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    $20 says it will sell out in similar way, maybe not 15mins... but still!
  14. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, good luck with that! :D
  15. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Well, if your amazing you'll already have secured tickets for the second gig.

*cough* :D *cough*

U2, here I come. :D :D :D
  16. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Pfft [face_talk_hand]

Just cos of your brother, you are nothing without hime, you son of a **** :mad:
  17. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  18. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  19. SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Knight

star 3
    anyone Big Day Out-ing this year? if so, I'll be the guy onstage with The Brunettes strumming the sitar!
  20. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    :eek: Presidents of the USA playing at edgefest! w00t

I would pay the $45 just to see them play "Peaches"
  21. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Ah yes 'Edgefest' or as we older people like to call it 'Jailbait Day Out' :D
  22. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5

Its just the older people who call it that? :p
  23. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ywea, cause it's unlikely two young people get done if they hook up, but if an older guy sifts on the underage, they get done. hence, jailbait.

And for tomorrow's lesson children, french.
  24. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Welllll technically, anything considered jailbait to you, is by law now (that im 16 ***damnit.) illegal for me I guess, I see what your saying, its more likley you would get done for it :p
  25. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    this is all way off target, but even if you're under 16 you can still be done mate, just cause you are now 16 doesn't mean you're now able to be prosecuted for such an act. anyhoo, moving on. (actually, I heard a while back they were going to think about making it 'legal' for 12 year olds to have sex, if the other person was within two years (older). So a 14 and 12 year old could legally have sexual relations, but a 12 and 13 year old would be illegal. [face_plain]

So, that music eh?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.