main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Releases: Hero's Guide and Galactic CS

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Dec 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Cut'n'pasted from a EN World thread:

June 2003
    Star Wars Hero's Guide
    160 pgs * HC * 29.95
    This accessory provides everything a Star Wars player needs to expand a character's features and abilities. This wide-ranging guidebook includes new prestige classes, manuevers, multiclassing combinations, and character archetypes. Also included are expanded combat tactics, including several fully detailed martial arts styles based on characters from Star Wars Episode II and the expanded Star Wars universe. There are new feats, including those tied to specific regions, sectors, and cultures, and there are expanded rules and hero feats for droid characters. Descriptions of different factions and organizations are also included.
    Written by JD Wiker, Rodney M. Thompson

August 2003
    Star Wars Galactic Campaign Setting
    160 pgs * HC * 29.95
    This comprehensive guidebook contains everything a beginning or experienced GM needs to create, sustain, and enhance a Star Wars campaign. Designed to aid GMs in running campaigns from 1st through 20th level, this title includes tips for launching and building campaigns, encounter and adventuring hooks, characters of all classes and mixes, and tips for intergrating film characters into a storyline. There are rules for handling complex combat and conflict, and information is presented on elements of an epic campaign. Each game play is facilitated with dozens of pre-generated maps and characters and detailed descriptions of numerous locations.
    Written by JD Wiker, Richard Baker

Well, that's cool. JD and Moridin are back (back to the shelves, I mean). That's gooooooooood news!!!

* JTS is happy

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Did it say who's releasing those books?

I know that Coruscant and the Core Worlds isn't even on the WOTC release schedule in the Star Wars section anymore.

I know that these were in the works (announced?) but I worry for their viability at this point... :(

3. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    Yep, that's Wizards official schedule. We all know WotC -I've been RPGing for 12 years and I've learned to love/hate them-, so I will believe it when I have the book. ;)

Anyway, it's cool to have an official schedule. It means I can crawl to the writers and ask for spoilers. :D

BTW, the combat techniques are supposedly the desired lightsaber forms. I'll let you know what I find out about them...

* JTS gets ready to bow and crawl before game designers - once again

EDIT: Forgot to mention it, d'oh! This info comes from the newest WotC product catalog and was sent to retail shops.

4. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Lightsaber combat forms? Well, now that I can actually talk about the books, let's just say that I would call it a safe bet to look for the forms to be represented in the Hero's Guide. I know what I wrote, now we just need to see what gets edited out.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Lightsaber combat forms? Well, now that I can actually talk about the books, let's just say that I would call it a safe bet to look for the forms to be represented in the Hero's Guide. I know what I wrote, now we just need to see what gets edited out.

So Moridin -- these are officially being released by WOTC? And these were the last books Wiker wrote while employed there? (Now doing freelance stuff?)

6. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Yep. The Hero's Guide I co-wrote with JD, and then after that he worked on the Galaxy companion. After that, I'm not sure, but then he left WotC.

7. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    It's really cool to see a book written by both of you!!

8. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It's really cool to see a book written by both of you!!

Yeah, let me second that.

9. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Agreed.

Confirmation that lightsaber combat forms will be included in an offical book? w00t! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.