main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA UPCOMING RELEASES (The Nerd Cinema Summer of Love)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Hey! I was simply saying the thread was getting redundant, Mister! And Nasus is right...it then became difficult to read. Now we are simply back to redundant -- which I will not complain about again. [face_whistling]

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    "Apology" accepted! ;) [face_laugh]

-TJ

3. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    Yeah, yeah...:p

4. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    This why I think this topic needs to be a sticky - it would always be present but doesn't hang around the daily post area. It's a good idea, maybe someone should add them to a calendar page on this new website I keep on hearing about.

As for movie debates of the nerdy kind, I think if such talk can't happen on a Star Wars Fan Club website, where can it happen? :)

5. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I agree on the nerdy discussion, we just need to keep it in its place. All neat and orderly. There to jump into the debate or we can hang out in Starbucks just chatting. There is nothing worse then nerds out of control. :) I think the sticky thing is another great idea of yours Bith. Hey, I wouldn't mind keeping up a calendar if you could tell me how to do it. I can help....! My position is to support you guys in what you need. :)

6. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    I enjoyed talking to Steve and TJ regarding some past movies and future one's including the sequels. I'm willing to continue to discuss these movies wherever you think is a good idea. If it needs to be discussed somewhere else..fine. Just point and I will follow. Again I loved talking to Steve and TJ..just let me know where ???:confused:

7. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    I beleive we can have discussions about the movies coming out and to a point your likes and dislikes, but if you wish to debate in prose please take it to PM's.

TJ, you are doing a swell job of keeping the movies up-to-date and I appreciate that. Everyone else knows that if they want to see a list they can go to page 1 and then check periodicly on the newest page to see if there is an update.

JD talk to the hand cause the ears aren't listening.

8. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    I know you didn't just say that to me, Marric!! Maybe if you had a whole ear, you could listen better.:p

I was just politely chiding TJ into realizing that we didn't need an update every 10 minutes, that's all.:)

9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Meh. Whatev. It's what I get for trying to update the list as people add new titles so then they don't complain that I'm NOT adding their contribution to the list... but thanks for being my sardonic jedi knight in shining armor, Marric. ;)

-TJ

10. Marric_Korde

Marric_Korde Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 16, 2006
    well that is what happens when an Imperial dons the jedi robes[face_devil]

11. Jedidoria

Jun 21, 2006
    [face_sick] The love fest is almost too much for me.

12. csarrico

csarrico Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 2007
    Moved to Movie Critics, sry wrong thread.

13. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    TJ..next time you update your movie list again..you don't have to do it now but when you do..please add The Happening for me please :) which is slated for release on June 13th..both me and Steve are especially excited about that movie for the reason that it's made by Mr. Shyamalan

Alex

14. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Bumping, but not for revising the list, just so ekim sees it.

-TJ

15. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    sweeeeeeeeeet.
    [image=http://moviepatron.com/blogimg/nov07/walle_lg.jpg]
    [image=http://www.pjlighthouse.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/iron-man-movie-trailer-coming-soon.jpg]
    [image=http://www.moviepulp.be/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/indy4-photos-03.jpg]
    [image=http://www.movieposteraddict.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/mpaspeedracerposter.jpg]
    [image=http://www.canmag.com/images/front/movies2008/hulkposter1.jpg]
    [image=http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/hancock.jpg]

[image=http://gensheer.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/bond1sea.jpg]
    gonna be a great year for movies !!!

16. ekimnotslar

ekimnotslar Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 24, 2007
    Ummmmm... do you guys realize that Hyperspace says a CGI Clone Wars movie should be out this August? They said it would be released in a theatre version first, and then a regular 1/2 hours TV show? How great is that!?!?!?
    [image=http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/img/20080212_1_bg.jpg]
    I really like the CGI look on the trailers- very dark, AND Anakin takes a padawan, a padawan who looks cool and interesting!

17. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    Yup, August 15th. We should plan a meeting/movie for that month, like Natomas Regal since we're there already.

18. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    The Clone Wars Movie is one of the few "retoolings" of the Star Wars lore I'm looking forward to, if only to finally make "Ani-kins" less of a total loser dorkyface wusspants.

-TJ

19. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Stuff Coming Out, hasn't really changed much:

The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian - May 16, 2008
    Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull: May 22, 2008
    The Incredible Hulk - June 13, 2008
    The Happening - June 13th (for JDN and DMH)
    WALL*E - June 27th, 2008
    Handcock - July 2nd, 2008
    Hellboy II - July 11, 2008
    The Dark Knight - July 18, 2008
    X-Files 2 - July 25, 2008
    Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon - August 1, 2008
    Star Wars: Clone Wars - August 15, 2008

Fall 2008

Winter 2008
    (James Bond) Quantum of Solace - November 7, 2008

... I only wish I had a movie coming out in June to keep me entertained. Otherwise it's one movie a month for me! (just means lots of extra screenings of Indy and Iron Man... and maybe Speed Racer) I mean, WALL*E sorta counts, but that's so late into the month... meh. Whatev. Updates for j00 f00z.

20. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007

21. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Note that this is the SUMMER LIST. As in, this year, Vos.;)

22. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    Hey but it falls inline with my thinking and the calendar I am working on. :) the more we can plan fun in advance, the more people can join in the merriment, which would only increse the fun. I guess we could start a 2009 thread to keep it seperate. We'll talk.....:)

23. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Update/Reminder on the next round of Summer Movies To Care About!

Hellboy II - July 11, 2008
    The Dark Knight - July 18, 2008
    Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon - August 1, 2008
    Star Wars: Clone Wars - August 15, 2008

I saw HB II the other day... good stuff. There's a Sacramento Comics Creator's Group line party happening this thursday for Dark Knight out at Century Stadium 14 (Arden) that I'll be at... otherwise I'm mostly stoked for Star Wars Clone Wars. Maybe it's the rocking cool art style, the change in some voice actors and the potential for it to be the first interesting star wars product in years... not to mention, the Star Wars Roleplaying Game has the "Knights of the Old Republic" sourcebook finally coming out, so maybe the two are feeding off each other.

-TJ

24. Quinlan_Vos_1

Sep 11, 2007
    HB2 was really cool. Story went by a lil to fast though. The heart-ache scene was really funny. Again, Doug Jones is a master of his art. The way he portrayed Death & the Chamberlain was exquisite. The market must have been the best sequence for me.

25. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I liked the fight with the elemental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.