main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA UPCOMING RELEASES (The Nerd Cinema Summer of Love)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Feb 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quinlan_Vos_1

Quinlan_Vos_1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 11, 2007
    That scene was really deep and sad. GDT makes some thoughtful images appear in his movies. Has anyone seen the Orphanage?? It's another film by GDT around the same era as Pan's Labyrinth. It's quite dark.

Dark Knight releases this week right?

2. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Yep! The SCCG (Sacramento Comics Creator's Group) is having a pool party and then we're lining up like neeeeeeerds!

3. JediDarkNight

JediDarkNight Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 24, 2005
    I was actually trying to look for the Orphanage this past Saturday at one of the new dvd venders that they have in many grocery and department stores (e.g. Walmart? I'm not a chain store shopper (per se)! LOL). However, the one I usually rent from inside the Raley's by my house didn't carry it. (So I ended up watching Clover Field for the first time instead, which was pretty neat. Thought the characterization could've been a little more developed to add to the realism of the homecamera style, although the character interaction was done well). I need to try to rent that this weekend (the gothic horror geek that I am![face_skull] In fact, my "middle" name is Count Geekula! :-B that's how much I'm a fan of the genre! LOL)

--JediDarkNight (A.K.A. Count Geekula)

4. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    I was thinking about getting in the blockbuster line for the Dark Knight (not the DarkNight mind you. LOL). However, that's Ugly Betty Night; I don't miss Ugly Betty for the world (nor any other world for that matter!). For me the title of her show's a misconception! (If no one has guessed yet, I'm in love with that chick! [face_love] ).

--JediDarkNight (A.K.A. Count Geekula)

5. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    Like I said, I won't be going to opening night for Batman: The Dark Night. I actually have a date with a Bat Girl (More like a Bat Betty LOL). But I'm planning on seeing it this Saturday afternoon possibly somewhere in Sacramento (maybe Down Town Plaza or elsewhere). If anyone's interested in joining me just give me a PM.

--Jedi(the)DarkNight

6. darthmetalhead2

darthmetalhead2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2007
    I haven't had the opportunity to see anymore movies in theater since Jumper let alone the new Batman movie but I have to say from what I'm hearing and seeing now that it's made almost $400 Million and will no doubt beat the original Star Wars movie, E.T. and The Phantom Menace (it may beat Titanic as well) that this has to be one of the greatest tributes that Heath Ledger could ever have. I remember seeing him in The Patriot and Four Feathers but the fact that he was criticized and even made fun of in Brokeback Mountain and now with his passing to generate this much hoopla is unbelievable. We are talking about Heath Ledger replacing Jack Nicholson's role as the Joker about 20 years later and people aren't seeing Batman to see Christian Bale as Batman but to see what Heath did to the Joker in a new light. I just think that is really cool and gratifying for Heath Ledger even though he is no longer with us. You know that he must be smiling in his grave. I'm really happy for the guy. I do plan to see the new Batman movie but I'm going to wait a couple more weeks when the crowd dies a little bit.

Alex

7. JediDarkNight

Sep 24, 2005
    no kidding; Heath Ledger did really great as the Joker. He was even creepier as the Joker than Jack Nicholson was, in my opinion. And Nicholson did so well as the psycho father in Kubrick's/King's The Shining!

--Jedi (the) DarkNight

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I think Tropic Thunder is seriously threatening "The Dark Knight" as my favorite movie this summer.

...and wow, did it come out of nowhere!

-TJ

9. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080814/ap_on_en_mo/film_harry_potter

It's been announced yesterday that the Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince has been pushed back to July 17th, 2009 (next year) for full details click the link above.

Alex

10. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
  11. darthmetalhead2

Feb 16, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.