main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Upcoming shows and conventions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    You mean the big ol slug fit in TK's tiny car?? Wow! [face_hypnotized]

2. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    Hye fellas. Sorry I couldn't make it yesterday. I've got a chest cold and had a nagginf migraine for the first half of the day on Sunday. Hope you had a good time at the show. Saw some pics from Darth Cobern. You mandos looked great!

3. Darth_Cobern

Darth_Cobern Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2008
    Even though I thought the GraniteCon was a waste of $5 and an afternoon, Robbie had fun playing with Torrin, and Pearl loved the guy in the wookie suit and the 2 r/c astromech droids there. Robbie was a little disappointed that he didn't find any Batman comics that he wanted. Why are comics just for adults now, anyway? When I was a kid, comics were fun and appropriate for my age and got me more interested in reading. Now it seems that comics just cater to the more mature teenagers with their darkness, language, violence, and sexual themes.

Anyway, congrats to Brandon and TK for getting on to TheForce.net:

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/Granite_State_Comicon_Report_123299.asp

More pictures can be found on my Facebook page.

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Thanks for posting that James! I noticed that we didn't get a mention... dissed again! [face_not_talking]

5. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    IT WAS A COMIC SHOW WHAT DID YOU EXPECT!! AS FAR AS KIDS BOOKS THERE OUT THERE, JUST NOT ALL OUT IN FRONT. THAT IS WHERE THEY KEEP ALL THE STUFF THAT IS GOING TO SELL WELL. MOST MARVEL AND DC ARE FOR EVERYONE, THEY HAVE A CODE. AS FOR NOT GETTING MENTIONED AS A GROUP, WHY WOULD WE? WE HAD NO ONE THERE ONCE AGAIN. NO TABLE TO RUN NO GROUP PERSPIRATION. TK WAS THERE WITH THE 501ST AND I WAS JUST THERE, IT WAS FUN TO BE IN COSTUME AND MAKE KIDS HAPPY. EVEN THO THERE WERE NH MANDOs TABLE.
    BRANDON

6. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    ok....first off

I think the show was GREAT!! I had a blast! Meeting the two Clone Wars Comic guy's was very cool. They do great work. I was nice to finally get a chance to dress up for a change. lol

The last couple times out I've not been able to do that. So for me it was a good time.

2nd....

You can still find comic for kids out there James. Brandon is right though. At Comic show they will but out up front the comic that will sale. A comic show is for all the comic that are hard to find. The big dollar ones. All the collector set. Things like that. You can find the more kid friendly one if you are welling to ask or dig. You have to get down in to the boxes and find them.

I'm sure if you start by Jetpacks they can help you out. I know they are JR comic out there with Batman and the JR justic league. You just have to know were to go and look. If you really would like some for Robbie I'll pull a few titles for you from the shop and have them set a side. Just let me know.

3rd....

They was NO mention of the group at the show due to the group NOT being at the show. I could not get anyone in the group to commite(sp) to being there so we did not do a table. I really did not feel like doing it by myself. Sorry... me and Brandon doing it by ourself. lol I have done the last couple shows now working and really wanted to just dress up and hang out for this one. If we had a table, we would have been at it all day. Maybe we'll be set up at the next one? We'll see.

4th....

Ok ....there really is no 4th. lol [face_dancing]

Seeya,
    TK

7. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    Thanks for the heads-up about comics for kids. I will talk to Ralph about that next time I see him. Perhaps he can partner up with some local schools to find/provide kids comics at a discount or work through some kind of reading program like RIF.

As for our participation at shows, I think that we should do more but to do that we should know about them further in advance. I know that we all have lives and kids on the side and that weekends fill up fast. If there were a way that we could know about these shows more than a month in advance, I think that there would be more participation. I know that I would be more able to plan things with more notice.

By the way, since I bought the Fanboys that TK brought to the movie night without conferring with Amanda, she had already gone out and ordered a copy from Walmart.com, I have an extra copy of the movie that I would like to sell at a reduced price to the club to be used as a raffle prize for our next event.

8. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    MARVEL DOSE A LOT 4 KIDS. WITH READING, THERE PART OF THE STOP THE LITERACY PROGRAM.
    -BRANDON-

9. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Hey James,

I thought you said Steve may needed that copy? If not check with John. Last I knew he still need it. Anyone wishing for a new copy let me know I rec. 10 more copy's in today. To restock, I think I've sold out on that title now over 4 times. lol Got tot love it!

SeeYa,
    TK

10. jediscar

jediscar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2007
    I'm still looking for a copy of Fanboys....

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hmmm... I guess TK doesn't remember he sold me a copy the day after we watched it. He must have been dropped on his noggin a few times as a child... 8-}

12. Darth_Cobern

Apr 29, 2008
    I'll save my extra Fanboys copy for you, Steve. Pick it up when you get back.

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    So evertyone is now covered? I think Brandon may still need a copy and I do not know aboout Andy as of yet as well. But it looks like everyone else is good.

Just let me know if you guy's need one?

Later,
    TK

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    SOOOOOooooo.....

STAR WARS FANDAY III ?

Anyone out there think they may wish to take a road trip? I am realy thinking of maybe making this show. I know it would be a great time. I have been receiving emails from some friend of mine that are going and tring to get me to go. It would be a GREAT chance to meet a lot of the Clone Wars people.

I'm pretty sure iknow the answer from most of you out there ...but I thought I would ask anyways. You never know?

Seeya,
    TK

http://www.scifiexpo.com/DCC/fandaysIII.html

15. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    You'd be looking at maybe $500 to have a nice weekend? Give of take.

That would be for air fare, a place to stay. Along with tickets and food, with some spending cash. Just thought I'd throw it out there. lol

They do have a very nice guest list going. I wish they could do something like that here for Supermega fest. Boy would that be nice.

Later,
    TK

16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'll be lucky if I can make it to SMF, though CV might be an outside possibility depending on where it will be held. I'm assuming that the CV announcement will be made during the live Star Wars presentation on G4 during SDCC.

17. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    We can ONLY hope. If they do not make it than well.... They may just not be doing one? It has taken them SO long this time round I just don't get it?

Later,
    TK

18. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    I think that he is going to talk about the new TV show.

19. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    TK, do you have any extra copies of Fanboys that you haven't sold yet? I would love to get my claws on one...

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    I think you are right Brandon. The rumors on line is that they have already start setting filming shot. Doing set for sceen. And have started doing casting calls in aust.

But we can all ways hope to hear something?

Hey, Z I can pick you up a copy this week and have it for you on Thursady. I believe they are still on sale so with the discount you are looking at $14.49? sOMETHING LIKE THAT. bUT i WILL GET YOU ONE.

SeeYa,
    TK

21. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    Sick! Thanks!

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    You R very welcome....Anytime.

Later,
    TK

23. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    They should be making a CV announcement during SDCC. Last I heard LF/GL was very upset at how Gencon handled CIV and they were looking into getting a new event company to run it for the next show. Who knows they might cancel them all together, but I think we all know how the money generated from one of these shows can change ones minds. lol

24. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    They better make an announcement soon if they are going to have it. I know the last two they had an announcement made at least a year in advance...

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    If they do not say anything this week. I have to say there is NO show! This is the biggest stage around to make an announcement like that. Why you you not? Oh and John, the actually they have given you one year notice on all the Celearation todate. Even the first one you had just about a year.

I have NO idea why they are setting on they hand for this. But Chewi is right. It will all come down to the money. $$$

Later,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.