main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Upcoming shows and conventions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    Well the just said that C5 will be in 2010. BUT WHEN AND WERE?

2. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Who's "The" and where did you get this info?

TK

3. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    It says on the main page that Hasbro announced there will be CV in 2010. They didn't say any other details though.

4. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    I meant THEY not the. I saw it on one of the toy sites, dont remember witch one. SORRY

5. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    Cities in the running are Chicago, Indy, L.A. (no way for me), Baltimore, and Orlando from what I have seen. I also heard Minneapolis as well. For me a midwest city would be best having it on a particular coast would kill things I think just like it did for CIV. There weren't as many costumes as there was for CIII and most of that was due to the traveling a lot of the people who I knew wore a costume at CIII that didn't wear one at CIV. Indy would be preferred due to its hometown feel. Chicago would be cool I love that city and would love to go back and have fun there for a week. Orlando would be alright just because Disney is there and if you have kids you can hit that as well kill two birds with one stone. Baltimore not sure about being on the East Coast I can't see that working. I don't know much about Baltimore except it is close to D.C. so who knows. Finally Minneapolis would be cool with me since most of my friends live there that is one of the reasons why I would consider it. Things are pretty easy to get to there as long as you can make sure to avoid the 1 way mess they have. You can get stuck in 1 ways for a while if you don't pay attention. L.A. was alright I just didn't like the fact of being on an opposite coast. Things were spaced out pretty well, but in order to get to your hotels you needed to take a bus or taxi. The shuttles were great though got you to and from pretty quickly.

We will have to wait and see how they do things and who is going to run this show. I have heard Gen Con is gone due to all the crap that went on at CIV.

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
    I would love to see it somewhere close to here or Florida, where the airfare is cheap. That way I *might* have a shot at going. Going to these things are freakin addictive... you go to one and you want ot go to them all! :D

7. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Its going to be in Hawaii.

8. chewykingwookie

chewykingwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2005
    from what I understand Sansweet did mention that there will be a CV next year just no date or location yet. From what I heard from some of my buds who went from sandtroopers.com it will not be Memorial Day weekend or anytime before that more like sometime in the summer. so who knows for sure. but it is semi-official for next year. they have to always keep us on the edge of our seats to say the least. lol

9. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    We should know today with the Star Wars spectactular at SDCC on G4!

10. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    WE WILL NEVER KNOW! till a week before. start saving your money and dont make any plans, have a bag packed cause it is some time.

11. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I'm hoping the cities that Sansweet did mention are in the running b/c that means Boston is in the running!! :D

12. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    BOSTON WOULD BE SWEET!!!! Cant we do like they did on the BUZZ with getting KISS to play here?

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    NO WAY BOSTON!!

I do not want to have it in city I can go to any day! That would suck!. I know you all wish it to be there for the cost. But not me... I want ot take a week off and go to a place I've never been or not been in sometime.

Oh, John just came in...lol I'm out I'll finish this later.

Later,
    TK

14. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    WHATS THE NEXT SHOW ?
  16. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Hey everyone, here are some pics I took at the Barnes and Noble lego event that was on the 10th. We had a blast!

B&N Lego!

17. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Who were those guys at the event? What did you do there? It looked like fun!

18. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Just wait till S.M.F.!

19. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    John, so I just realized some of the people from njoe.com, one of my favorite Star Wars sites, was there at the event. Check out the photos they took:

http://www.njoe.com/2009/10/11/lego-star-wars-the-visual-dictionary-release-event-in-new-hampshire/#more-2577

20. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Cool Z! We got there about an hour before the event and got changed in the back. I had a chance to wear the Tusken, but decided to take pics instead. We had to document the day!

Funniest moment of the day: I was following TK to the water fountain and just turned a corner when a woman turned around, saw TK and screamed. lol She had a laugh at her own expense' she didn't expect to see a stormtrooper in B&N I guess lol

21. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    New comic show coming to NASHUA in 2010 from Double Midnight Comics. I'll have more on that SOON. + let not forget Grant C from them too!

22. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Seems the guy who set up those JumpCon conventions last year finally got sentenced. As far as I'm concerned, he got off easy. You can read it here.

23. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    WHAT AN ASS, got off to EZ

24. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Mar 7, 2008
    Whats our next event? When and Where?

25. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Talk about getting off EZ. That was like getting off for murder. I can't believe one one else showed up to complete about this guy. That's why he got off so easy. No one came to say anything.

later,
    Tk

26. Mereel_Adenla

Mereel_Adenla Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2009
    Hey guys, I don't know how far you're willing to go, but The Mandalorian Mercs Costume Club is planning on having a big group of NE Mandos at Anime Boston, April 2-4. (most are planning Sat. April 3 [face_dancing]) http://www.animeboston.com/.

But I would love to have some more New England Mandos show up!

More info of the MMCC gathering: http://mercs.firespray.net/forum/index.php?topic=21274.0

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.