main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

New Hamp Upcoming shows and conventions

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Baron_Soontir_Fel, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    Are you guys setting up a table or just going?

2. Mereel_Adenla

Mereel_Adenla Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2009
    They were going to try, but I don't think it'll happen. The group that in the southern NE area is newly formed and were unprepared for the event, and I think the missed the deadline for getting one. Though a member is going to be running a Anime table and is letting us keep stuff there.

We're also getting as much Star Wars costumers for a group picture on Sat if anyone that doesn't a mando done want to just come and hang out.

3. Jeedai_Veila

Jeedai_Veila Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 15, 2006
    So who here is going to Boston Comic Con? I'm not leaving for China until the 16th of April, and the event is on the 10th and 11th. Anyone interested?

4. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Baron_Soontir_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2003
  5. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Yep!

So are you guys planning on going?

6. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    I personally don't plan on going. I'm not sure about the others though.

Hope you have a safe trip! :)

7. Capt_Brandon_Berry

Capt_Brandon_Berry Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 7, 2008
    I want to go! Z ur so lucky bring me something back Chinese like a panda those are Chinese.

8. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Are you sure you wouldn't want to go John? We could head over as a group or something

9. Rotag21

Rotag21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Hello,

As of right now... I will be going to Boston Comic Con. The 501st is going for the weekend. I was thinking of going with them. But if you all would like to go hangout I'm in. We can talk more about it at the meeting. I know the peolpe running it. Maybe I'll give them a call and see if we could set up there for the show? That would be cool. It would help us pick up some funds? Ummmm...good idea. lol

K.. Will see what you all think about it. Oh yeha...Brandon, she told use she was going like over a month ago? Hello.. you were standing right there?! Duhhh lol

SeeYa,
    TK

10. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Even if we can't get a table going, I would still be totally in! That's great the 501st is going to be there!

11. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    OK EVERYONE !!

It's that time again where I ask you all to help out with Free Comic Book Day once again in lovely Rochester NH. I know they are a lot of local people out there that I hope can make it this year? We have now been able to do FCBD in Rochester for the last 3 yrs. I hope the 4th year will be the best one yet.

As those of you out there know. Everyone that makes this event WILL be taken care of. From food... to shop discounts. This year will be NO differant!! So I hope to hear a lot of good feedback on this from everyone and see a lot of names down for making the trip. We are still working on a few surprizes for you as well. So..... I'll waste NO more of your time. Below you will find all the info you need.

If the event is approved, I will add the full address to the store. The event starts at 10am so set up will be around 9ish? We will be setting up this year inside the the Knights of Columbus Hall. We will have a full changing area as well. We also have the whole stage to do with it whatever we'ld like? It is about 15 X 30+ in size ? So we have all of room to do whatever we'ld like.

Any ideas on this would be GREAT! I'm pretty sure Jabba is DEAD? But I'm not sure... Empires chair maybe... anything? Anyone know where Dewy Dewback is? lol Well, I'm sure we can come up with something. My group the NH Mando's (NOT with the Mando Merch IN ANY WAY!!) will be setting up a very cool photo booth we have made for our events. So they will be something there.

Please let me know if anyone has anymore ??? That's want I'm here for. Sooooooo........... lol Thanks!

SeeYa,
    TK

PS> Also if anyone would like to set up at this event as a dealer of any kind? Let me know. Table space is very cheap they have a great turn out every year. You can clean out your garage. Sell off some of those old comic you don't read. lol Anything.

Be a part of the Rochester, NH Free Comic Book Day Festival! Saturday May 1st from 10 am to 4 pm
    Businesses and vendors of all types are invited to set up at this Rochester Main Street event!

Free Comic Book Day is a highly publicized national event. Comic Shops across the country bring in hundreds and thousands of people on this day! The city of Rochester is unique in that Free Comic Book Day is promoted as a city-wide festival. Last year the Rochester Free Comic Book Day Festival had an estimated attendance of 2400 people, representing over 800 families. People traveled from as far as Vermont and New York to attend the event (a couple even came from NJ just for this event), with the bulk of the visitors coming from our surrounding communities.

Jetpack Comics LLC and the Rochester Main Street Association invite you to come to Rochester, NH on Saturday, May 1st to set up in the Vendors Hall for New England?s premiere Free Comic Book Day Event. This year we are offering three types of participation in the hall. All proceeds go to the Rochester Main Street Association, a non-profit organization, and the promotion of the event. Designed to get people into downtown Rochester it is a day of fun and excitement for all that attend.

Creators ? $10 per space (aprx 3 x4). Artists, writers, and creators of any type can rent a creator space. Creators are welcome to sell and promote their projects. It is encouraged, but not required, that creators provide some type of give-away to maintain the spirit of the day! *

Business Promotion ? $25 per table (aprx 3 x 8). Businesses can be a part of the event promoting their goods and services. These tables are for business that want to promote their location but will not be selling merchandise. It is encouraged, but not required, that businesses provide some type of give-away to maintain the spirit of the day! *

Vendor Tables - $50 per table (aprx 3 x 8). Come and sell whatever you want. Comic Books, toys, knick knack and paraphernalia. With 2400 people attending who knows what you could sell. Vendors are anyone selling an array or variety of products. It is encouraged, but not required, that vendors prov

12. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Well, crap. Apparently we are leaving April 9th for China so I can't make it to Boston :( I was really looking forward to it. Stupid China...

13. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Ok...

here is the basics...Along with the link to the site if you'd like to check it out?

Later,
    TK

http://www.bostoncomiccon.com/

BCC Moves To The Westin Boston Waterfront!

Come join us at our new larger location located at the Westin Boston Waterfront, just minutes from South Station! We are excited to offer over 24,000 square feet featuring dozens of vendors and the best national and local artists in one room.

Admission is $15 per day. Tickets are only available at the door. Get there early! Children under 10 free with adult admission.

Expect another two days of comics, artists, and much more Saturday and Sunday April 10-11, 2010!

14. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    HEllo Everyone!!

So we are all set for this Saturday for FCBD!! We will be doing any last min. stuff on Friday night at my place. If you can help out or have anything you need to work on before hand ...please come on by.

Also I thought I'd let you all know that I made the local paper here in N.H. on behalf of the 501st. and the NH Mando's. John and I were featured in yesterday Foster's Daily Democrat. I was ask to go down on Monday and do a small interview and dress up for the camara. They wished to due a pre-event story for the paper on FCBD. So... I did! Duhh.

It was a lot of fun. You can find the whole story at this link.

http://fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... /704289904

I was also emailed a full set of pitcures from the reporter who did the story. I will be posting them in my photos soon. I case anyone wish to check them out.

I hope to see a few more people for this event! It should be a great day. They are planning on OVER 2300 people for the day. I KNOW that is going to be bigger than any other FCBD out there! They get the whole town to help out around here. You'll see in the story.

So if there is anyone out there that still does not have a place to go for FCBD PLEASE come here. With over 2300 people showing up. And they will , Saturday should be an awesome wearther day! I dont think just seven 501st will be enough? But I promise we will make it work! So ...Thanks!! Let me know if anyone needs anything? Oh yeah, we are all set for a changing room by the way. It will be right next to the stage where we are setting up.

SeeYa,
    TK

15. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Next up, Granitecon in Manchester! I believe we are getting a table and will do pics with our prop again. Hope to see everyone there!

16. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Bah, I wish I could go to this :(
    I'll be getting home 4 days later. Take lots of pictures though! Also, if they are selling some of that "Gamer" soda, can someone pick me up a bottle? I'm curious. I can pay you back of course

17. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Not sure if we'll be taking many pics as we'll be in costume all day with people taking pics of us ;) I think there is a store near me that sells the gamer soda so I'll see if I can pick you up a bottle or two! :)

18. Jeedai_Veila

Jan 15, 2006
    Thanks! What store is it? I've never seen that drink for sale anywhere, but I'd love to try it :p

19. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    So....

Grantit Con was not the best show ever...lol I am sorry I could not make it, truly. I think it is the first time in 5 years I have not made the show?

But I am glad both John & Branod could make it. I know we did not make a TON for the day. But what we did was better than what we started with. Not much...lol but better.

So thanks you BOTH for working the day!!

Later,
    TK

20. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Almost forgot...

This Friday we will be helping out at the Barnes & Noble in Newington NH. That is THIS Friday May 28th it starts at 5pm. and runs to 7pm. We will have set up at 4pm.

We will be helping them with a fund raiser to help out the "Little Harbor School" in Portsmith NH. If you have any ??? let me know. We are meeting at my place around 3pm. If you can not make it there. Just show up at the store. We will be hang out after the event at my place. Maybe a movie? Drinks? Shop? Games? Whatever... it is Friday night so we should have some fun.

K... hope you see you all there. I know, I'll be there. Brandon has signed on as well as Steve. And I think Jc will be there as well? Maybe... lol

JOHN!!??? [face_thinking]

SeeYa,
    TK

21. Baron_Soontir_Fel

Feb 9, 2003
    Unfortunately I'll be doing OT tomorrow, but maybe next time? Hope you guys have fun!

22. Rotag21

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks John.

But...I did pull it off on my own. lol The event went very well. Everyone had a great time. I did bring the Tuskin and they had an associate dress up with me. We had a great time.

We help raise over 100 books and I'm not sure what the total money. But they said they did very well and would not have total for a week. People could still shop online and in the store with a special pass. The school gets a % of the profits from all sales. SO hopefully it goes well.

So till the next one..... Which I believe is C5!!??

Later,
    TK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.