main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Star Wars Fan Movie

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Knight123, Jun 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Chevalier-mal-Fet Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 14, 2002
    Depends on what you mean. Server space can get expensive, if you don't want ads. Domain names are 25/month, I think. WIth a startup fee.

I vote no for the tournament as it is. It doesn't seem to fit the 'spirit' of star wars; just an excuse for people to watch Jedi swing around lightsabers. No offense meant - just my opinion.

2. Knight123

Knight123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    i want a sever domain whit 1gb and no ads for 1 year
    Does somebody know how expensive?

3. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    Why the vote ? People have already expressed their opinion !

I can't answer your question about hosting. Why don't you want to have it hosted by a fanfilms site ? It's free and very popular !

4. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    I think a gig will be waaaay more than you need. Even if your fanfilm runs at an hour or so, it won't come near that. 500 or so should be as much as you need, maybe 600, but not a gig...

5. Knight123

Knight123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    So nobody like's the idea of the tournement?
    Will i like the idea very much!

6. JEDIBYKNIGHT

JEDIBYKNIGHT Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 17, 2001
    I told you already that I like your idea, and a couple of people think so as well. :)

And about the webspace needed, 500 Mb will be way enough.

7. Chevalier-mal-Fet

Jun 14, 2002
    Well, if you like it and don't care if anyone else doesn't, why did you ask for a vote? Besides, you're the one making this, so you really don't have to listen to anyone else if you don't want to. Like they say: darn the torpedoes - full speed ahead!

8. DragonScythe

DragonScythe Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 25, 2001
    The only problem I could even possibly see is why the Sith and the Jedi might be there, but I bet you already solved this point.

Oh yea, and yes...

I am wondering tho...Is it one-on-one or free-for-all...

THE COMMIE SAYS HELLO

9. Rikalonius

Rikalonius Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2001
    I've always wanted to see a Fighting game where you could pick from the famous Sith and Jedi warriors. Each using their own taunts and, for lack of a better word Fatalities

10. Lunatic_Pandora1

Lunatic_Pandora1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    I think this movie sounds like a pretty cool concept. BAH on wheter or not it goes along with the pre-determined star wars storylines...its orignal, and will probably be pretty damn cool.

I have a question though...what is TotJ?

11. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    It sounds like a cool idea to me. As long as you're jup for it, go ahead and make it. Don't let people stop you by saying it's not a good idea. Good luck, and more importantly: Have fun!

12. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    hey if you wanna go for it, go for it.

i personally wouldn't, i think if you want people to like and respect it, it has to be more than just a bunch of guys swinging glowing things at eachother for no apparent reason....

13. yodafett999

yodafett999 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 24, 2000
    Okay here are my thoughts:

You're already shooting it in 2 days, or so you said, so don't worry about whether people will like it. Almost everyone who comes to these boards tries to watch any film that comes around if we can. Just to check out what everyone is doing. Your film will be seen.

If you're going to go non-Canon then go all out and I think that's what you've done. It does bring up problems though. The Jedi would not show up for something like this. They only fight to the death when they need to. Not for sport. It also makes me wonder how you're going to work the seeding. Is it a team thing? Jedi vs. Sith? One on one fighting that ends after three and the team with the most surviving members winning? If not then does that mean it's a free for all that will lead to the possibility that somewhere down the line the Jedi would end up fighting each other? Again, I don't see that happening. Even if you can get it explained that the Jedi have a plausible reason to be there you will never sufficiently explain why the Jedi would end up fighting each other to the death. Unless........

You make it an illegal tournament that is attended by Jedi students and forbidden by the Jedi Council. If they were troubled young Jedi who leaned just a bit too much to the dark side then you could explain that they were there to kill some Sith and the audience would buy it. They are rebellious boys who don't fully understand exactly what they are setting themselves up for. Then, later, you could have one of the Jedi draw on the dark side to kill his Sith opponent and never come back. Then he is pitted against one of his companions and you have two Jedi, one using the dark side to ferociously attack and one using all of his skills as a Jedi to stave it off. That could be fairly powerful, especially if you set up their friendship and comraderie early on. At this point, depending on which way you wanted to go, you could have the good Jedi win and face a Sith in the final battle which would lead up to the Jedi winning. Or you could choose the bad Jedi to win and have it be a disaster for the Jedi either way you look at it. Two Jedi dead and one turned to the dark side.

Just my thoughts on it. Good luck.

14. Knight123

Knight123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    Short Story Line:

Somebody is creating a Tournement?????
    The best sith lords and jedi knights are coming.
    The prize of the loser is dead.
    The prize of the winner is next round or Champion
    The grand prize for the champion of this tournement is a Golden drink.
    In that drink is a special power for the sith or jedi.
    It increse your strengt and your speed and your techniek.
    There are 3 Jedi Knights and 3 Sith Lords Will shall win?????
    Nobody knows.The sith?s lords are bad guys.The Jedi?s are good guys.
    But that say?s nothing right?!
    But the winner of this Tournement must fase the winner of the grand tournement.
    If the Challenger wins he gets the be REAL winner of the Star Wars Tournement!
    The Names of the Jedi Knights:
    Reel name:(Steven) movie name:Stevanovice ste-van-o-viets sabercolor:blue
    Reel name:(Sjaak) movie name:sjaakomevis sjaak-o-mee-vis sabercolor green
    Reel name:(Mathijs) movie name:Matovis Ma-to-vis sabercolor blue

The Names of the Sith Lords:
    Reel name:(Steven) movie name:Dark emplefire em-ple-fire sabercolor:red
    Reel name:(Sjaak) movie name:Dark sidious sie-dios sabercolor:red
    Reel name: (Mathijs) movie name:Dark mefanose mee-fa-nose sabercolor:red

Reel name:(Cas) movie name:Grand champion sabercolor speciele
    ---------------------------------------------
    is it good?I like it very much
    And i gonna shoot the movie on saturday and i don't know wen i done whit shooting the movie.

Sorry if my english is not perfect

15. solitude_high

solitude_high Jedi Youngling

Jun 9, 2002
    ...it isn't. :\

it's Tournament. not tournement...

My advice would be to avoid using a lot of dialogue, since your english isn't that great.
    Don't worry about it too much though. People know what you mean. We'll help you with corrections. =]

Heck, if you need to run a script by us, feel free to. Email me at rikkuknight@mac.com if you would like me to review your script ^_^

SW movies tend to be rather wordy, or at least, with Lucas behind the reins, they start to sound like Shakespeare in some places. As in, you may need fairly complex dialogue to fit the SW theme ? I'd be happy to help you with that, and I'm sure everyone else would be too.

As for the fan film itself, I think it's a kind of cheesy idea, but heck, it'll be cool.

16. Lunatic_Pandora1

Lunatic_Pandora1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2002
    i may be crazy...but shouldn't the sith names be "Darth" not "Dark"?

17. andakin

andakin Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2000
    You're crazy ;P

18. Knight123

Knight123 Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2002
    Who me??????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.