main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming TTF Event, July 9th at Barnes & Noble - Brier Creek

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Bodo_Janx, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Members:

I have exciting news about an upcoming event I have worked out with Tommy Lee Edwards and Barnes & Noble - Brier Creek. On July 9th, Tommy Lee Edwards has agreed to have a Q&A and book signing from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm at Barnes & Noble.

Tommy Lee Edwards is a very talented artist whos work has been seen in comics, books, all types of advertisements, and movie posters. He is an officially licensed Star Wars artist, who has done numerous projects with Lucas Licensing and LucasFilms, Ltd.

One of his most recent books illustrating his art is "Obi-Wan's Foe" (Step into Reading - Random House). His artwork is on all the recent covers of Wizards of the Coast RPG books and he has done cover art for the Dark Horse comic "Star Wars: Empire". In the upcoming book "Star Wars: the New Essential Chronology", over 50 pieces of his artwork will be displayed in it. You can check out some of his work at www.tommyleeedwards.com.

TTF welcomes the opportunity to work with Tommy Lee Edwards and is looking forward to helping to promote the event with Barnes & Noble.

TTF will be able to have a table at this event. If you are interested in helping out with the planning, promoting, and participating for this event, please post a reply!

A date will be set next week in planning this event.

Bodo Janx

2. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
  3. Flecktone

Flecktone Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2005
    If you guys want to put out flyers for the event at the theatre let me know. We have a table near the entrance and would be more then happy to help you out.

4. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    I'm in too!. As soon as you have a tentative date for next week reunion let us know (I can't go on friday but I think any other day will be OK).

Jorge

P.S. Bodo, Were you able to open the CD with the pictures?....What do you think of them?

5. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF members:

The schedule date for planning meeting is 5:00 pm June 12th at Caribou Coffee House (Stricklen/Maynard). I will be at Fallen Orc at 2:00 pm for the SW miniatures tournament, and the tournament usually goes until 5:00 pm - so I mignt be a little late. If anyone wants to they can meet me first over at Fallen Orc and then we will go over to Caribou Coffee to meet the others. If you can or can not make, please post - those who can not make it, I will brief you on the meeting via phone.

Bodo Janx

P.S. LlorchTHX, the photos look great - I will be updating the website this weekend with everyone's photos. As for the video, I am still working on it and you will be amazed with it when I am finished! I will post when it is done.

6. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Good job on getting this fixed up, Bodo! Tho, since Adam's getting married on the same day, July 9, I don't know how much time I'll be able to spend there on this day!

7. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    I'm not going to be able to make it on Sunday, but I'm still more than willing to help out. And since I'm not going to be able to make it to the meeting, I figured I'd throw this out now. I've got several SW standups (the full-size ones). I didn't think about it for the midnight showing, but I'm more than willing to volunteer them for duty if we want to use them on the 9th. They're more than willing to commute, seeing as I bought Luke on a highschool orchestra trip to Boston in '95. Fourteen hours on a bus with a 5'8" cardboard cutout. Oy.

8. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Bearleft:

I am glad to know that you can make it to the event - we will definitely need your help. Sorry you can't make it Sunday, but I will post what TTF plans for the event on Sunday or Monday.

Bodo Janx

9. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    TTF Members:

Here we go, this is the game plan:

-TTF Members who are planning to help with the event needs to be at Barnes & Noble - Brier Creek by 1:00 p.m.

-TTF activities planned for the event will be a free raffle with prizes (tickets will be handed out to guest at the door), building oragami x-wings, and SW miniatures demos.

-Those who plan to come will need to wear your TTF shirts and/or TTF badges.

This event is planned for all ages, but mainly for children. If you have any families that have children who love Star Wars, then this event is for them!

The best way to promote this event is word-of-mouth advertising. I urge all TTF members to spread the word about the event and our website!

Bodo Janx

10. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    Anybody want to meet for lunch tomorrow before the event at Brier Creek? Around 11:30am or noon would work for me.

William

11. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    I was planning on getting a bite to eat after the event. Everyone is invited to join us for dinner and this gives us a good time to talk about the event, and talk about any other events that members and guests would like to see in the future from TTF. Also, if any FanForce members from other areas come to the event, then we can invite them to come along with us to dinner and talk with them. And, we can invite Tommy Lee Edwards to join us for dinner, but I am not sure about his plans for that evening.

What do you think? Is anyone game?

12. willhi1979

willhi1979 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 9, 2004
    That may work for me. I don't have any plans for Sat. night yet, just playing things by ear. If anybody wants to meet up for lunch, lmk.

13. LlorchTHX

LlorchTHX Jedi Youngling

Apr 18, 2005
    Brad, Will and Everybody

I'll see you tomorrow at B&N but I don't think I'll could make it to lunch or dinner. On sunday I'm going to Mexico so I need to take care of last minute things.

Anyway, see you tomorrow over there.

Brad, the x-wings are ready.

Jorge

14. Bearleft

Bearleft Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2005
    Couple questions re: tomorrow

On the off-chance I can't find my TTF badge, is the lanyard badge we had at the midnight showing OK? Or do I scrap it? (not the badge, the plan)

Second, I'm not sure yet about dinner. I'm having someone pick me up afterwards and I'm not sure I'd necessarily like to go to dinner with Luke. :) (Unless I could store him in someone's car while we go eat?)

Of course it's also going to depend on how beat I am. I just started the new job this week and it's wiped me out.

Judy

15. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    Bearleft:

As far as the badges, if you can't find it, then don't worry about it. Stand-up Luke could be put in my car with all the stuff I am bringing if you plan to eat dinner with us.

See you at the event,
    Bodo Janx

16. Bodo_Janx

Dec 20, 2004
    To everyone:

We had another successful event hosted by the Shadow Players, the Carolina 501st, and the Triangle Trade Federation. I would like to thank everyone who participated in the signing event, and I would like to thank Barnes & Noble for allowing the groups above to join in with this event. The kids who came to the event had a blast! We had a nice little turnout, and those who came out to the event had fun! In a few days, I will update the website and post a few photos of the event.

I especially would like to thank Tommy Lee Edwards for taking the time out of his busy schedule to have this signing event and for bringing along several original pieces of artwork that amazed the audience. We all look forward to seeing that artwork again in the new book "Star Wars: the New Essential Chronology? that is scheduled for release this Fall.

May the Force be with you, Always
    Bodo Janx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.