main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upcoming Vcard Sets...ideas?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: CCG, TCG, and Boardgames' started by Red84, Oct 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Okay, so what kind of concepts would you like to see in the upcoming vcard sets (which will be based on cards from Hoth and Dagobah)?

NOTE: I'm looking for general concepts and ideas here NOT actual texts. Any texts I see posted will be deleted. You've been warned :)

2. MareTino

MareTino Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    FLAGSHIP OPS helper
    A card to help setup FLOPS, maybe by deploying sites from Fear Is My Ally. (I'm very tempted to write down a gametext :)

A Card to help blow up the MPG. Do the walker decks really need help?

Make the Dagobah Bounty Hunters / Ships / Weapons usefull.

Insert helpers :) Forget that I said that

How about some cards to make LS speeders working. And make that speeders with matching pilots (no speeder swarm) and maybe prevent the use of EBO.

Hoth and Dagobah have so many card that could use some help.

3. Red84

Red84 SWCCG Content Mgr. (Card Games) star 4 VIP

Oct 20, 2000
    Hmmmm... it's very possible that those who attend DCon may see one of these concepts as a spolier...

[bzz bzzZZZT BZZZTTTT]

Whoa. Gee Hope I didn't say anything I wasn't supposed to. Sometimes this implant gets buggy..

;)

4. BrenDerlin

BrenDerlin Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2001
    The only thing that comes immediately to mind is letting Jedi Tests play from under the Starting Effect.

Speaking of starting effects, Are we always just going to have 1. I know it's completely within your range to do so, although I can't think of a whole lot different you could do.

5. The2ndRest-in-Peace

The2ndRest-in-Peace Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 27, 2002
    Cards that temporary suspend or permanently cancel a defensive shield (once per game) would be cool...might make people think about throwing copies of important d-shields into their decks if they fear they might get cancelled. We're doing cards like that for my custom expansions that utilizes a 'stack X amount of cards here' type game mechanic to end suspension effects and such on d-shields... concepts like that that can take a D-shield thats crippling against you out of the picture for a few turns.

Give Mouse droids regular deployment gametext so they can be used like most droids. And make program trap not unique so I can throw them on a bunch of mouse droids >::)

Perhaps work with the T-16 skyhopper or other aerial speeders to give them built-in gametext that can initiate some kind of mini-race at Beggar's Canyon or something that provides useful, but not quite as directly damaging as podracing is.

Rework the whole series of operatives-related cards so that they can be once again used. Heck, I'd say do that for ANY cards you're considering banning from classic tournament play.

Perhaps some cards that can help create a trooper-based Hoth deck?

And I agree on the Bounty Hunters and their ships deal- there should be a reason to go with them instead of the hunters-in-their-ships ECC/EJP cards.

6. Aeopile

Aeopile Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2002
    Suspending D Shields would be great, but canceling is no good. -OR- Make a card that forces people to spend force to play a D-Shield.

More offensive strategies and deck types would be great. I feel that a lot of the virtual sets have been heavily emphasized on defense, lets get some offense. FWKTIL (v) is a step in the direction, for me that one card made DS Big Blue very viable.

What if you virtualize something to make a 'Trooper Training' objective for Carida. Think of it like Jedi Training, but for DS troopers. You could have 'tests' that a trooper trainee has to complete and get rewarded for, rewards like: 'Add 2 to trooper weapon destiny draws', or opponent requires 6 ability to draw battle destiny. Then you could virtualize Stormtrooper Cadet to be the perfect trainee, Leiutenant Suba to be an instructor...

Then virtualize LS cards to create a LS ISB operations type of decktype.

Maybe a Moisture farming objective. Or a Tusken Raider objective.

You can take 'normal' cards virtualize them as an objective, but instead of saying 'flip' say 'pull from Fear Is My Ally <title of card>' and on that card, have conditions that put it back under Fear Is My Ally. That card can have a special symbol that indicates that it does not count towards the 10 cards in FIMA.

7. BigPoppaJabba

BigPoppaJabba Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 2001
    All those inserts could use new game text that stops them being inserts and makes them more playable.

8. MareTino

MareTino Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 28, 2002
    Problem with changing the number cards is that You Cannot Hide Forever / Your Insight Serves You Well already cancel them. Maybe if they made them immune to these cards (and not use any number damage).

9. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    I have a suggestion for MWYHL objectives. I have found that I spend too much time setting up jedi tests that I have to devote too much time and cards to getting the tests done.

In a 60 card deck, I find this very limiting. I would suggest something like pulling jedi tests from An Unusual Amount of Fear or....and this is my favorite....a card that lets Luke/Daughter start at any Jedi Test before their ability since they have a high ability.

This could obviously add speed to the deck, but I would add things like you don't retrieve from MWYHL unless you have completed all five jedi tests and put somekind of penalty onto Jedi Test #5 so they don't have a destiny 7 on every draw after turn 4 or something.

10. Anakin_Solo73

Anakin_Solo73 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 4, 2001
    A new (V) card for Commander Luke Skywalker. He was always my favorite version of Luke....actually Hoth was always my favorite part of Empire....but he just wasn't usable for a long time. Here's an idea, remove the deployment restriction. as well.

darkside tunnel vision

cards that can cap battle destiny draws.....or the amount that battle destinies add to power in a battle for both sides

A Yoda that has no deployment restrictions and can use at least a lightsaber....hint, hint ;)

11. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    When's the next set come out?

12. Rypcord

Rypcord Jedi Youngling

Nov 15, 2002
    Rypcord's ideas:

Dark Side:

1. Main Power Generators
    2. Objective for blowing up Main Power Generators
    3. I dunno how you'd be able to pull this off, but Dark Jedi training.
    4. Dark Side Ewoks {similar to that of Jawas}

Light Side:

1. Light Side bounty hunters {because there is such things}
    2. Some of the Ewok stuff that Decipher wanted to do, but never got around to doing, like the net traps, swinging from trees to trees.
    3. Height characteristics for sites... like the Hills are higher then the Plains, etc.
    4. Mana... hehe, just kidding.

There's Rypcord's thoughts.

13. AgentOfEvil

AgentOfEvil Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2002
    PLEEAASSE make more Starting Effects! It was always odd that they made only one. Also, more cards that deploy from under starting effects (or perhaps a card that allows less frequently used cards to deploy from there). IE: "You may play any Sabaac Interrupt from under you Starting Effect once per game" (although that ExAcT text would be a disappointment, I'm sure you get the idea).

14. Young_Ben

Young_Ben Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 7, 2001
    I think it would be nice to have some updated blasters.
    You know, the ones from premier? maybe update those to something like the blasters (and rifles) from Coruscant.

15. Restrainingbolt

Restrainingbolt Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 12, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.