main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx ***Update***Confimed: Lani Tupu & David Franklin at CopperCon XXIII!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by liquido, Jun 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liquido

liquido Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    That's right folks! Lani Tupu is the Special Media Guest of Honor for CopperCon XXIII this year. Most will remember him as Captain Crais and Pilot from Farscape. CopperCon will be held September 4-7th here in Phoenix at the Embassy Suites Phoenix North (the same location as last year). Expect him to be in several events, plus be signing autographs in the Dealer's Room!

Update!: David Franklin has also been confirmed for CopperCon XXIII. Most will remember him as Braca on FarScape or most recently as the Maitre D' in The Matrix Reloaded. He'll also be in several events and signing autographs in the Dealer's Room.

I've also heard that the DSG and RL will be in attendance, back by popular demand.

I'm gonna be there. Who's with me?

2. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    hey! he's going to be at comic con, along with Paul Goddard, David Franklin, Jonathan Hardy, Wayne Pygram, and Virginia Hey...

3. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Yes. CopperCon I shall be at.

Paul, lemme know where/when you need help, k? :)

4. FreakADroid

FreakADroid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2003
    Coppercon, I know I can make.

5. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Thought I'd bump the thread now that there is an update.

6. leew

leew Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    Thanks for posting the info here about Lani and David appearing at CopperCon. Please pass the word around. We're excited about having them at the con (although my banker would feel a lot better if a lot of you bought memberships in advance...). We are planning a special event for pre-registered members only on Thursday night with Lani and David.

Please check out our website at www.coppercon.org for more details. If you have any questions about the con, please send me a note.

Thanks,

Lee Whiteside
    CopperCon 23 Chair
    leewsftv@yahoo.com

7. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    Could anyone tell how much admission is to this event? Just too attend? Thanks

8. liquido

May 16, 2002
    Ask and you shall receive:

Memberships are $35 thru 25/08/03 or $40 at the door. Children ages 7-12 are half price with an Adult membership.

This is according to the official pre-registration site here.

9. DarkSiderSteve

DarkSiderSteve Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2003
    I never actually been to the Coppercon before- please forgive my ignorance and sorry if this doesnt come out right... $35 is more than a day at SDCC($25) and seems like a bit much. I this really worth it?

10. kreleia

kreleia Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 14, 2000
    Steve, you might already be coming with the DSG and RL. :) In that case alone ( ;) ) it's worth it. We had a blast last year.

11. leew

leew Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2003
    The $35 is for the whole weekend, including the Thursday night event with Lani and David. The one day rate will likely be $25 for Saturday. For a better idea of what all goes on at a CopperCon, take a look at last year's web page at www.coppercon.org/cu22 (note that some links may go to the wrong place now...) or this year's LepreCon www.leprecon.org/lep29.

Lani and David will be spending a good amount of time in the dealer's room where you can purchase photos and autographs plus doing a panel on Friday and Saturday. There's also lots of other stuff going on as well including an Art show, Masquerade, a Writer's workshop, live body painting demo, and lots more.

I know San Diego ComicCon has a hell of a lot more for the money, but that goes into economies of scale. When you have 60,000 attendees and over 1,000 exhibitors, you have a much bigger budget than when you have 500-600 attendees, which we would likely break even with due to the extra expense of bringing in the actors. I'll have flyers with me at the Star Wars event tonight. Look for the guy in the Weird All "Saga Begins" t-shirt and Farscape cap....

Lee Whiteside

12. liquido

May 16, 2002
    31 days and counting....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.