main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Update May 5th! Comic Book Giveaway tomorrow!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jaira, Mar 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Hey, so everyone should know by now that locokarma (Tracy) cannot get on these forums at work, so he created a new board for us to play on. Tracy is also my assistant PR guy, so if he makes anouncements and you don't go over there, you're missing them. For starters (and an example) here's something he posted yesterday that we need feedback on:

April 29th, at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock.
    10:00 am until about 3:00pm-
    there is a Women's and Children's (baby) fair.
    This is going to be seperate from the Sparks in the Park.
    They have requested our presence in costume.

This is a fair set towards women and children- and they will have an area set up for kids (weather permitting it should be outside).

I was asked for anyone that wants to go, to be there by 9:30 AM.
    I plan on being there by 9:00 so as to have time to change. I can accomadate an area for those who need to change-

The main area set up will be next to the main parking deck and the hospital.

Once again, here is the link to the new board:http://www.getphpbb.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=arkansith

2. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Thanks to Tracy for getting this info. The two of us were in a race to see who got it first, and darn it if he didn't win...

Directions to Tyndall Park Benton
    From I-30 west take Exit 117
    Stay right up hill between Denny?s & Waffle House
    Veer left to red light, go over bridge.
    Go through 1 stop light(facing Chamber of Commerce)
    At next stop light you will be facing Kentucky Fried Chicken
    Go through that light (you are on East Street)
    At next light take a left onto Sevier Street
    Follow Sevier to end
    At stop sign take a right
    You are on 4th Street
    Take the first left
    You are at the PARK!!!!

Right now, we are good to go to do the parade.
    Meeting place will be @ the park, and they will have a place for us to change.
    The parade should start at 10:00 am and they want us there at least by 9:00 am-
    the parade route is around the park, and will not be very long.

3. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    For those of us like myself who confuse easy. You may want to let us know that this is two differant events you have posted about. 1st one Baptist 2nd is Sparks right?

4. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Yuppers, boss. The first one is a volunteer opurtunity for those of us that have some extra time on our hands, the Sparks in the Park is an actual Arkansith event.

5. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    These are some ideas that locokarma has been throwing around for things we can do as a group. PLEASE give us some feedback so we can get working on them!

1. Magic Springs. I've brought this up over @ G.A.R. Chase says he can check since he lives in Hot Springs. His only worry is that since a big corporation owns MS- they may charge us. If that's the case, I am not for it.

2. Twisters game (Arena Football @ Altell Arena) stolen idea #1- maybe doing a "Star Wars Night" or whatever. I did speak to the guy who's over their Marketing. He says sure... but we would be charged a "discounted" group price. Uhh.... no thanks. However, VADER312 told me he knows most of the guys on the team, and will work on our behalf to get us in for free.

3. IMAX theater (by the airport)....stolen idea #2... Sometimes they show movies. Sometimes they do the Science of Science fiction. I"ve been in contact with their marketing person, and he seems interested and will keep us in mind in case something comes up.

3. Arkansas Symphony "Sci-Fi" night. Stolen idea #3 Right now, their 2006-2007 schedule is booked. 2007-2008 schedule may be open for ideas.

4. Movies at the Park (River Market- Little Rock pavalion- I spoke to a guy who says they have only done one SW movie (Ep.3) and probably won't do one .... But we're more than welcome to come out to see a movie.. they're free admission.

5. and last... stolen idea #4.... "The one man Star Wars" show.
    http://www.onemanstarwars.com he will be in Fayetteville next year. His PR man didn't indicate if he would or could do a show here in Little Rock... Sad

6. RedHanded_Jill

RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    i thought i could make it to 4/29 but sam is a cub scout and he has cub scout day in bismark. since darth vader isnt finished i couldnt talk him out of scout day.

7. Lavenderrose73

Lavenderrose73 Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 2, 2005
    Hi there. I just reserved the Princess Leia costume again for the Sparks in the Park. I want to go.

@};-

8. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    I am reposting this for next week. Yes, we know that's two events in a row. You don't have to feel obligated to come, but we would like to know who thinks they might make it so that we can get a rough count. These people actually requested us, which is an honor:

From locokarma:
    April 29th, at Baptist Hospital in Little Rock.
    10:00 am until about 3:00pm-
    there is a Women's and Children's (baby) fair.
    They have requested our presence in costume.

This is a fair set towards women and children- and they will have an area set up for kids (weather permitting it should be outside).

I was asked for anyone that wants to go, to be there by 9:30 AM.
    I plan on being there by 9:00 so as to have time to change. I can accomadate an area for those who need to change-

The main area set up will be next to the main parking deck and the hospital.

9. VADER312

VADER312 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2005
    LAVENDER- IF YOUR GOING TO BE PRINCESS LEIA, I WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW YOU CAN FIND ONES LIKE YOU WEAR ON EBAY FOR LIKE 50.00 OR SO.. THIS MIGHT BE CHEAPER IN THE LONG RUN FROM RENTING ONE EVERY OTHER WEEK- HOPE THIS IDEA HELPS.

10. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    This was posted at the other board by locokarma:

Let's try to be there between 9:00-9:30
    as it starts at 10:00 and goes until 3:00pm.

FYI- I can only stay until about 2:00 pm as I have to work.

Rally point will be on the top level of the free parking deck, which is located right next to the hospital.

11. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Another post by locokarma at the other board. Keep in mind, this will be a huge PR event, so any and all help is welcome.:)

Update: July 1st, 2006.

Ok- 04/29 Henry talked to a guy that is with the Twisters. He wants us to do a 7 minute, scripted event ( I hate the word skit)- during half time of the home game on July 1st. Plans are in the process on how we want to do this...and who does what, etc., etc. As long as we're all on the same page as to what ideas we come up with and all that. I talked to Invader, and I think it would be a good idea (I think Nyborg mentioned it)- to meet somewhere on the Friday before the game or on Saturday morning to go over what we're going to do. We have 2 months to come up with something, and this will be a BIG event. Chase is in (armor or not), and I am trying to contact 3 other 501st members to see if they can go.

12. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    There will be an official announcement tomorrow as nothing is definite for this event as of yet.

13. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Sorry.[face_blush] After talking to locokarma, I thought it was a done deal...[face_beatup]

14. Jaira

Jaira Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    From locokarma, another event tomorrow. If you're bored, pop on over:

May 6th: Free comic book give-away at your local comic book stores, to promote reading. I talked to Michael, who owns 2 stores, one on JFK and one on Rodney Parham. He would love to have us there in costume to help- and even indicated having some sort of media there as well.

I understand this is next week, and is not a primary function, but I plan on being there at least at the one on JFK after 11:30 am until about 2:00 pm-ish

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.