main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver [UPDATE] "Memoirs of a Geisha" Activity: Successful Meet Enjoyed By All!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Azeria_Jade, Jan 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poof-the-magic-jedi

poof-the-magic-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2005
    Sure Alex, there's tons of stuff we can do that doesn't require cash. We could get together at someone's place or a mall or whatever and just hang out for a while.

Is there something specific you had in mind?

2. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    I wouldn't mind meeting you at your place again, Rudy. Or Antonio's.

3. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    That sounds good, we could do a potluck kinda thing again, with games or movies or whatever. Although if we did movies, I couldn't host because I lack the facilities.

4. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 9, 2002
    I cant host in the next few weeks.. My place is undergoing some construction. CHanging a few things and all that.. But I can definitely host a movie weekend by Mid Feb like the good ol days...

Aside from that, what can we do this weekend. I actually get this weekend off, and in my line of work, is almost impossible.. so I want to do something for sure.

5. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    How about we get together Saturday for lunch or dinner at a restaurant or we could do it potluck style at my place?

6. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    Well its DINE OUT VANCOUVER this week until the 2nd of February.. So there are lots of good deals going around excellent restaurants(144 to be exact).

Some places I recommend:

Blue Water Cafe
    Aria
    C Restaurant
    Raincity Grill
    Nu
    Elixir
    Bacchus
    CinCin
    Cafe Paris
    Tojo's
    Cru

Now these aren't places that I recommend for us to go this Saturday (Kinda expensive). Its just a shout out for any foodie out there who cant decide where to go for Dine Out.

Now for this Saturday though, Im game for any place in Yaletown or Robson if anyone wants to meet up. Im not much of a Mall type of guy, but Im still game for Metrotown. ANy Suggestions??

7. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    Most of the places I've been to near Metrotown are of the standard chain restaurant variety, eg. TGIFriday, Red Robin, Boston Pizza, Cactus Club, Sammy J Peppers, etc. Nothing fancy, and you know what to expect. There are also about a zillion sushi places in and around there too.

I'm not too picky about where we go (downtown is ok for me too), and I don't mind trying new things. Since you're the food connoisseur Antonio, I'll defer to your expert judgement.

8. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    As it stands right now, I won't be able to get together tomorrow evening, although the afternoon would be ok.

9. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    Star wars RPG session?

10. Jedi_Ulic_Qel-Droma

Nov 9, 2002
    LoL, I do this every night in STar Wars Galaxies... :D

11. TheDave

TheDave Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 26, 2004
    I want star wars galaxies, but If I started playing I'd be utterly dissapointed because of the difficulty to get mandalorian armour; and that'd be the only reason I'd join :p

12. poof-the-magic-jedi

Jun 3, 2005
    The thing about RPGs is they require regular (usually weekly) meetings for a good while to get a game going. For myself, I don't have the time or interest in that kind of commitment. If it was something we could start and end in a single afternoon or evening, that'd be more interesting to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.