main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Update on possible Lightsaber Group Order

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BPStoyle, Feb 23, 2012.

1. BPStoyle

BPStoyle Social Media Admin star 4

Jan 5, 2010
    Hi all,

I heard back from Ultrasabers today, and they have told me that they unfortunately are not able to offer a discount on a group order. The only offer they would be able to provide currently would be free shipping, if our order was over $1,500.00.

I will leave it up to you guys if you feel that is something that would be worth pursuing, or if folks should just order any needed sabers individually.

2. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    Wow!!!!!!! That's it???!!!! Hmmmmm well I'm up for whatever main census is. I'm going to check out shipping to see how lil.... I mean how much I could save if do a group order

3. GrandAdmDraco

GrandAdmDraco Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 12, 2011
    I just ordered 2 sabers(before anyone mentioned anything about a group order)(I should be getting mine tomorrow) and my shipping cost for 2 was $15.57.

I do shipping all the time for my work. a 40 pound package shipping from/to CA would be no more than $40 at the very very most. And that said I can't imagine 15 sabers would weigh that much and my estimate is high.

I'm not sure how they might do shipping they may add some for handling or a set addition per saber or whatnot. but the shipping amount is a drop in the bucket compared to $1500

That said... even if we cannot do $1500 worth of sabers, doing a group order might be worthwhile. 10 orders of $100 each. plus $15 for shipping is $150 in shipping

combine it into one and it's maybe $40-$50 at the very most(any more and they are really making a profit with their shipping costs) but anyways it would save everyone involved $10 in shipping.

Not a huge amount, but honestly every little bit counts in my opinion.

4. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    I am very interested in reaching out to Ultrasabers. This will be the 3rd year ording from them. I don't want to ask for a handout, but a little perk would be nice. we've offere to have information on hand to promote them, but they didn't want to take us up on the offer.

We've spent a large amount of money on their product. Let's see how we can both benefit.

I will be happy to talk with them. is there a particular person to contact?

5. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    I've mostly been in contact with Emory, but I've also spoken to Todd in the past. It's a small company so I think whoever answers their main contact email will suffice as the right contact person.

6. Akika

Akika Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2011
    Hi - I take it there's been no movement on this... :(
    We'll need to order ours soon! Larry and Janice lent us their bokken, but we can't wait to get our own blades.

Just out of curiosity, did anyone ever order from the Ultrasabers' grab-bag? We're getting two for certain, but it would be nice to have a spare, not to mention the sheer pleasure of saying "yep - we have three..." :D

7. BPStoyle

Jan 5, 2010
    A few people have done grab bag sabers the last few years. Last year Steve Lu. got one of their regular metal sabers (I think it was their "Standard Issue" model) through it. Though he specified a metal hilt and his blade color, so that did raise the price some. That said, the grab bag sabers are just as good as the regular ones. Just be sure to order a blade since they don't come with them standard.

8. Loseytwin12

Loseytwin12 Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 14, 2010
    Too late for dis guy, already got my twin sabers on Monday. Love 'em.