main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Updated Anakin Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by MasterKazur, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterKazur

MasterKazur Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2004
    I need stats for Anakin Solo at the time of his death in Star by Star.

I'm thinking he should be a level 8-9 Jedi Guardian at this point.
    Does anybody have any ideas?

Anakin Solo (beginning of The New Jedi Order): Male Human Jedi Guardian 5; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 16 (+5 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 40/12; Atk +6 melee (1d3+1, punch) or +7* melee (3d8+1/19-20, lightsaber), +6 ranged (3d6 or DC 15 stun, blaster pistol); SQ Force Point use as though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-Sensitive feat free and ignore the "Force Level 1st" prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense, and Alter, deflect (defense +1), deflect (attack -4); SV Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +3; SZ M; FP 3; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 12, Dex 13, Con 12, Int 15, Wis 11, Cha 12.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, blaster pistol.
    *Anakin Solo has constructed his own lightsaber.
    Skill: Computer Use +10, Craft (electronics) +7, Craft (lightsaber) +4, Knowledge (Coruscant) +6, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +5, Pilot +3, Read/Write Basic, Repair +6, Speak Basic, Speak Mon Clamarian, Speak Shyriiwook.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +5, Battlemind +10, Empathy +3, Enhance Ability +4, Force Defense +4, Move Object +9, See Force +4.
    Feats: Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Gearhead, Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Dissipate Energy, Control, Mettle, Sense.

Let's take it here...

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I think he should have the Martial Arts feat, also i saw a rule somewhere, god knows where now, I think its in the UAA or one of the wotc web publishes, concerning the vong sense. There's a minus to sense rolls can't remember what else ( I'll look it up soon) which I would work in for Anakin since he harvested the lambent and imbued it for use in his lightsaber. I'd possibly give him a level in Jedi Weapon Master too...

3. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    That would be great. You're always around to help Jedi_Matt. Thats really cool.

4. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    aww shucks [face_blush], I normally just suggest stuff rather than actually do things, and I don't tend to make much sense when I do say things so thanks :).

Typical Vong have a -10 mod to most sense and alter force skills, and in ultimate adversaries, shaped creatures have a -8 mod to the same things. Unfortunately that doesn't really cover what I hoped it would do, it's been a while since I looked at it all. For Anakin I'd probably reduce the Sense penalty only, by a max of 4. If it states in one of the novels about him finding it easier to push the vong (i can't remember if it does or not, though it'd have to be in one of the edge of victory books, or SBS), then I'd obviously do the same with the other skills.

Jacen would get a bigger enhancement, IMO because of the fact that the thing vergere stuck inside of him went through and into every single nerve ending, every little gap.

The reason behind Martial Arts was the fact that using an unarmed attack doesnt provoke attacks of opportunity, I don't think that after all the training he'd done, especially the stuff in EoV 2 where he wasn't using the Force, that he'd be so susceptible to that. I think that also may represent the point on which he took the path towards weapon master. I think that without a shadow of a doubt his character took a much stronger leaning towards combat expertise (not the feat), than anything else. The rescue of Tahiri is what began forging him into a weapon.

Sorry I wasn't as useful as I first hoped I would be, but hopefully the other stuff might help, :)

edit:-

I'm also starting to think about the vong sense... Jacen's was a physical thing, whereas Anakin's was created through his connection to the Force and his lightsaber, and combining it with the lambent (and therefore the vong).

This could be why Jacen has to 'switch off' the Force before using it, and why Anakin didn't. Thing is this would mean they're almost unrelated issues, and would need individual explanations to their effects (instead of being, for example, cybernetic limbs and the effects they have on your force point expenditure which is a cumulative thing)

<yoda voice> meditate on this, i must </yoda voice>

5. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    You've definately been helpful.
    I think the Martial Arts feat is perfect.
    What about level? 9 like Jacen or only 8?

I think Weapon Master could possibly work.
    If he is a level 8 then: JG 7/WM 1
    If he is a level 9 then: JG 7/WM 2

He will need 2 more ranks in battlemind and 6 ranks in Tumble as well as the Combat Expertise and Weapon Focus feats just to qualify.

6. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    ouch... would JG 8/WM 1 work any better? I think he should be the same level as Jacen, at the point of SBS they'd both been as busy as each other, but Anakin had the edge due to what he did in Conquest and Jacen sat on his hands a bit.

It may be that had he not died, WM could have been the route his character then took. It'd just be a question of meeting feat requirements then, as tumble is a class skill it wouldn't take too long to get up 6 ranks.

Not to completely defeat the object of this, but I read that WotC just built the characters to how they thought they should be, not using the levelling up rules. Just wondering if this is true?

If so... is it unfeasible to suggest a similar thing with the skywalker lineage without obviously going overboard?

anyway... bit of a challenge this one.

7. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    I can live with Jedi Guadian 8/Jedi Weapon Master 1 :)
    I agree that he should level 9 like Jacen.

I will see what I can do with him and post something abit later that you can look at. Cool?

EDIT:

One thing, though. The stats for him in the OCRB had him at age 15... Since the adult age for a human starts at 16, shouldn't his Strenght, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma all go up by +1 as the Age modifiers state?

8. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    haha yeah good point, forgot about that [face_blush]

man what a machine this guy is, don't think there are many 16 year olds as tough as him lol. We need Epic level stuff :p

There is no way on earth that he wouldn't have been epic level had he survived (when he reached 40 or 50 i guess).

9. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Here is my updated Anakin. What do you think?

Anakin Solo: Male Human Jedi Guardian 8/Jedi Weapon Master 1; Init +2 (Dex); Defense 19 (+7 class, +2 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 64/13; Atk +10/+5 melee (1d3+1, punch) or +12/+7* melee (3d8+1/19-20, lightsaber) or +11/+6 ranged (3d6 or DC 15 stun, blaster pistol); SQ Force Point use as though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-Sensitive feat free and ignore the "Force Level 1st" prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense, and Alter, deflect (defense +2), deflect (attack -4), deflect (extend defense and attack); SV Fort +8, Ref +9, Will +6; SZ M; FP 4; DSP 0; Rep +2; Str 13, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 13.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, blaster pistol.
    *Anakin Solo has constructed his own lightsaber.
    Skill: Computer Use +11, Craft (electronics) +8, Craft (lightsaber) +5, Jump +4, Knowledge (Coruscant) +7, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +6, Pilot +8, Read/Write Basic, Repair +7, Speak Basic, Speak Mon Clamarian, Speak Shyriiwook, Tumble +8.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +6, Battlemind +13, Empathy +4, Enhance Ability +7, Force Defense +7, Force Strike +8, Move Object +12, See Force +5, Telepathy +3.
    Feats: Combat Expertise, Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Gearhead, Martial Arts, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Dissipate Energy, Control, Lightsaber Defense, Mettle, Sense.

10. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    No skill ranks in Knowledge - Yuuzhan Vong ?

11. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    No skill ranks in Knowledge - Yuuzhan Vong ?

Hmm... no not really. He already has +3 modifier from his knowledge. Luke has Jedi lore +4, so I think that +3 is enough.
    Besides neither Jaina og Jacen has that skill.

Feel free to make changes however :)

12. Jedi_Matt

Jul 11, 2002
    Great stats Kazur, sorry i'm not giving much input here, its late as HELL here, after 1 am, so i need to sleep as i've work at 9 tomorrow. Great work! how about some assistance with Jacen's stats? :p

13. MasterKazur

May 13, 2004
    Thanks alot Jedi_Matt... It's actually late here too. over 2 am.
    But, sure I'll get on the Jacen stats first thing tomorrow. The stuff you suggested for him sounds about right to me.

Well anyway, glad you like the stats. Feel free to use 'em anytime :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.