main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Updated Jacen Solo

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Matt, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    As the title suggests, I want this to be similar to the Anakin Solo thread that Master Kazur started. To get people's opinions as to how a certain character grew, so its a team effort more than anything. dp4m, if there is a way to change the title of this and the anakin thread to 'updated solo kids stats' or something, and merge the two, then cool :) otherwise lets get going.

These are the stats Master Kazur came up with for as of Balance Point, as featured (I believe) in the NJO sourcebook, but revised for RCR.

Jacen Solo: Male Human Jedi Guardian 9; Init +1 (Dex); Defense 18 (+7 class, +1 Dex); Spd 10 m; VP/WP 59/13; Atk +10/+5 melee (1d3+1, punch) or +12/+7* melee (3d8+1/19-20, lightsaber), +10/+5 ranged (3d6 or DC 15 stun, blaster pistol); SQ Force Point use as though three levels higher; Skywalkers get Force-Sensitive feat free and ignore the "Force Level 1st" prerequisite when selecting the Force feats Control, Sense, and Alter, deflect (defense +2), deflect (attack -4), deflect (extend defense and attack), block; SV Fort +7, Ref +7, Will +6; SZ M; FP 6; DSP 0; Rep +3; Str 13, Dex 13, Con 13, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 13.
    Equipment: Lightsaber, blaster pistol.
    *Jacen Solo has constructed his own lightsaber.
    Skill: Craft (lightsaber) +6, Handle Animal +6, Intimidate +3, Knowledge (Jedi lore) +8, Pilot +7, Read/Write Basic, Ride +3, Speak Basic, Speak Mon Clamarian, Speak Shyriiwook.
    Force Skills: Affect Mind +6, Battlemind +6, Empathy +9, Enhance Senses +8, Farseeing +7, Force Defense +4, Friendship +5, Heal Self +2, Move Object +8, See Force +5, Telepathy +6.
    Feats: Animal Affinity, Combat Reflexes, Exotic Weapon (lightsaber), Force-Sensitive, Skill Emphasis (Pilot), Weapon Focus (lightsaber), Weapon Group Proficiencies (blaster pistols, simple weapons).
    Force Feats: Alter, Burst of Speed, Control, Knight Defense, Lightsaber Defense, Link, Sense.

Now... first off, 12 levels is a must, as of the end of TUF he had the Force Feat 'Art of the Small', and therefore 12 ranks in See Force is the next step.

I think also the -4 penalty for using Vong Biotech should be waived, as of the end of Traitor, but not only that, I believe that most of the YV biotech should fall under the skill 'handle animal' and/or his telepathy skill should get a nice boost; he had to communicate with all those little snakes somehow.

Resistant to Stun: Due to Jacen's time within the Embrace of Pain, he gains a +4 bonus on Fortitude saves against stunning in combat. (why is this in the UAA as only from energy weapons under the YV species traits?)

Other possibilities in my mind were Battle Meditation, and 'inspire other', after Jacen's roll on the bridge of the capital ships (think it was the Ralroost), but that may well simply be explained by the battle meld skill mentioned with the NJO sourcebook, and it would bmean there are more feats and skill points for elsewhere.

I didnt do the BAB or defense bonus/saves etc, as I wasn't sure what classes he should have. I didnt know whether what happened in Traitor would give him a level in JG or what (no access to Force or Lightsaber), shame there isn't a 'potentium heretic' class, lol, and Force adept just didn't seem right.

knowledge: Vong would improve obviously, he'd have quite an insight into their system.

your turn, ideas & suggestions please.

Let's take it here...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.