main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UPDATED ON 8/4!!! What if Obi-Wan's memory had been erased in JA #3?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Oct 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, thanks for the understanding, here's a postie.

Qui-Gon did his best to protect his padawan, but with the extra weight slowing him down, the mob in hot pursuit, and the ship so far away, it was extremely difficult. By the time he reached the ship, he was panting heavily, remembering once again that he was not a young man anymore. He let Obi-Wan slide to the floor, and was dismayed to see that Obi-Wan had fainted, and, covering as much of Qui-Gon?s back as he did, he had bee hit by a blaster bolt twice, both times in the back, luckily, it was above the boys lungs and heart, so it would not kill him. Qui-Gon felt a strong pain in his left shoulder, and was suprsied to find he had been hit too, and he hadn?t noticed except for a twinge of pain that he pushed away. He must have been concentrating too hard to notice. Qui-Gon mustered his remaining strength, and carried Obi-wan to the back of the ship and laid him on the bunk that Terra usually rested on. Then he ran back and closed the door, sensing the mob getting closer. He hurried to the cockpit, turned on the shield, and set the ship?s coordinates for Coruscant and the Jedi Temple while he watched the balls of energy form the blasters splatter across the shields.

In seconds, they had left an angry Alba behind. Once the ship was on auto-pilot, Qui-Gon went to go look for a medical kit again, though he already knew there wasn?t one there. He was simply desperate. Understandably, he did not find one, and disappointed, he wet a cloth and went over to kneel beside Obi-Wan.

?Obi-Wan???Obi-Wan???.It?s Qui-Gon.? He said, trying to get his pupil to recognize him. Obi-Wan rolled over slowly with a moan of pain that made Qui-Gon wince in sympathy, fluttered his eyelids open, then gave a sudden jerk and a cry of surprise.

He doesn?t recognize me! Qui-Gon realized with dismay, though he didn?t know what he had been expecting. ?Obi-Wan, it?s ok. You?re safe now.? He said, carefully laying his hand on Obi-Wan?s arm.

Maybe it was the gentle voice, or the soft touch. Or maybe he was just to weak to care anymore. No matter what the reason, Obi-Wan did not pull away or flinch or cry out.

Qui-Gon carefully cleaned and stopped the bleeding of Obi-Wan?s wounds, as the boy drifted into conciousness just long enough to cry out or moan in pain, and then he drifted out again. Qui-Gon became almost sick at the sight of all of Obi-Wan?s wounds. He was beginning to seriously doubt the boy would live, but he pushed that thought away. Of course he would. But by the time they finally reached the temple, Obi-Wan was completely unconscious.

2. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    Well, I am just skimming the end of this. Good work.

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks.

Anyone else? PLEASE?

4. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    catching up. I'm glad Qui-Gon got to Obi in time, but those wounds seem serious and now Obi's unconcious. I hope the healers can help him and get his memory back.

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Post sometime today I think.

6. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, I said I'd post, here you go.

Qui-Gon landed the ship and opened the ramp, then went back and lifted Obi-Wan as gently as he could. Then he took him in the door to the temple, and ran down hall after hall to the healers, yelling at people to get out of the way. He finally reached the healers and plopped Obi-Wan down onto the bed. The healer ran over quickly at seeing the obvious urgency, and felt Obi-Wan?s pulse and breathing, then looked up into Qui-Gon?s worried face.

?Now, don?t worry. You got him here in time.? She assured him. Qui-Gon promptly collapsed into a chair at her words. ?Who is he, anyway?? She asked curiously, unable to tell from the beaten, bruised, and cut face of the boy that she was tending to. ?I know who YOU are!? She said teasingly. Qui-Gon forced a brief smile.

?That?s Obi-Wan Kenobi, my padawan.? He said quietly.

She sucked in her breath quickly. ?Poor boy. I didn?t even recognize him. He?s always in and out of here, but he?s never been this bad before. Are YOU alright?? She asked, seeing Qui-Gon bend over a bit in pain, then turned and called another healer.

?I?m fine!? He said hastily, not wanting to leave Obi-Wan for 5 seconds. The boy had been alone too long already. Another healer ran in and helped him to his feet, ignoring his protests. Though Qui-Gon didn?t want to admit it, now that the adrenaline had worn off, he was extremely tired. The healer settled Qui-Gon sitting up on an exam table in another room.

?Now, what?s the problem? And don?t worry about the boy. If anyone can help him, she can. Her name?s Caria, and she?s the best. She?s also my girlfriend. By the way, my name?s Andrewan.? He said, beaming and looking out the door, and then turned back to Qui-Gon.

Qui-Gon reluctantly removed his tunic, and turned around so the healer could see his wounds. Andrewan came over to look.

?Didn?t you do anything with your wounds? You are one of the strongest Jedi ever, everyone says so, but these wounds have infection in them , as if you have done nothing!? He said, dismay and total surprise showing in his voice.

?I was kind of preoccupied with my padawan. And there wasn?t a medical kit in the ship I was on.? Qui-Gon answered irritably, too worried about Obi-Wan to care if he was being rude. Andrewan, looking embarrassed, pushed Qui-Gon gently down on the exam table. He began work on Qui-Gon?s wounds, and carefully gave Qui-Gon and injection to put him to sleep, knowing that the man wouldn?t rest if he didn?t. Qui-Gon was soon completely asleep, and the healer was left to work in peace.

I don't think it's too long, but it's a post, and this was the nearest stopping place for awhile, and I have to be in bed in a half hour and have a bunch of stuff to do first.

7. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Great post. I need to be in bed too.

8. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks. Any other thoughts? Please?

9. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, here's a post. FB, please.

When Qui-Gon opened his eyes, his first thought was of Obi-Wan. ?Where am I? Where is Obi-Wan?? He said insistently to the man above him. When his eyes cleared, he saw that it was Andrewan, and he remembered. ?You gave me something.? He said angrily.

Andrewan flinched. ?I?m sorry, but you needed to rest, your wounds required it, and I knew you wouldn?t do it if I gave you the choice. You?re well known as a hard patient to deal with Qui-Gon.? He said.

Qui-Gon sat up. ?Where is Obi-Wan?? He said.

?In the other room, sleeping I think. I really don?t think you should be?..? Andrewan started.

Qui-Gon held up a hand, not letting him finish. ?I don?t care, it?s been too long already. Get me my tunic and pants.? The healer knew better thanks to argue with him, and handed him his fresh clothes. Qui-Gon dressed, mumbled a thanks, and left.

He ran into the other room, where he found Obi-Wan and Carai. But Obi-Wan was not asleep as Andrewan had thought. Instead, the boy was huddled in a corner, knees drawn to his chest. Carai was across the room, consoling the youth. Seeing Qui-Gon, she turned to face him.

?Good, you?re awake. What is the matter with him? He has been like this for an hour, since he woke up! I told him everything was fine, and that he was at the Jedi temple. He responds, ?Where is that?? Then I told him to calm down, that you were in the next room. ?Who?? ?I?m a Jedi healer.? I tell him. ?A what?? he asks, and then goes to cower in the corner. He won?t even let me touch him!!? Carai informed him in a rush.

?It?s too difficult to explain.? He started, but his comlink beeped. ?Hello?? He said into it hastily.

?We heard you have recovered. Please come to the council room, we must dicuss something.? He heard Mace say, but he was gone before Qui-Gon could say anything.

?I?m needed. I must go.? He said shortly to Carai, then headed for Obi-Wan. ?I need you to come with me, Obi-Wan. I?m Qui-Gon.? He had never thought he would have to introduce himself to Obi-Wan.

A few memories came to Obi-Wan, and he nodded as he remembered that he knew this man, though he didn?t know how. ?I know.? He said slowly.

Qui-Gon went ecstatic inside, but kept calm. ?Do you trust me?? Qui-Gon asked. Obi-Wan nodded even more slowly, and took the outstretched hand, standing up and cowering against Qui-Gon like a two-year-old. Qui-Gon turned to Caria. ?This is Caria. She is a friend. She is going to help you. She will take away any pain that you feel. It?s alright. You can let her touch you.? Qui-Gon said reassuringly, and led Obi-Wan over to Caria. Caria shook her head. ?You?re already finished??

Caria nodded. ?As much as is needed for the time being. I got a lot done while he was unconscious. As long as he takes it easy, he should recover completely in a few days.?

?Oh. Thanks.? Qui-Gon replied, surprised by the young woman?s speed and ability. She couldn?t have been more than 20, probably just barely knighted.

Suddenly, he felt a tug on his sleeve. Turning, he saw Obi-Wan, gripping his sleeve and looking at him questioningly. For a brief moment of time, Qui-Gon got a glimpse of the boy who had always run up excitedly whenever Qui-Gon was spotted.

Obi-Wan had been found by Qui-Gon, and for some reason he could not explain, Qui-Gon had always been drawn to Obi-Wan. Obi-Wan must have felt this too, for until he was six, he was very close to Qui-Gon. Then Qui-Gon had stopped coming to the temple as often, and Obi-Wan seemed to have forgotten their past relationship completely. Qui-Gon was not usually an emotional man, and had not tried to rekindle the relationship.

His comlink buzzed again, jolting him back to reality. ?Qui-Gon, please come to the council room.? Again, they were gone before an answer. Qui-Gon looked down at the teen standing next to him. He had to bring Obi-Wan along with him. There was no choice, he was the only one Obi-wan had recognized.

Gently, he tugged Obi-Wan?s hand lo

10. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey, all of you, get over here, that took a lot of effort! :_|

11. Jedi_Borme

Jedi_Borme Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2000
    I like this Jacinta. Can't wait to read more. :)

12. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Cool long post Jacinta.

What can Mace do for OBi I wonder.

I'll be expecting some updates soon now.

Knight_Obi

13. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Up, unfortunatley, Mace can't do much, but you'll see. Anyway, post hopefully tonight, if not as soon as I can.

14. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Cool story so far. Great job :D

15. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Well people sorry I've been gone, here's a long post for your patience.

An audible gasp came over the comlink. ?Enter.? Came the hassled reply. The door slid open. Qui-Gon led Obi-Wan inside, and the door slid shut again.

All eyes in the room except Qui-Gon?s were glued to Obi-Wan?s dim figure. Obi-Wan cringed, and drew closer to Qui-Gon. Qui-Gon led Obi-wan into the light, stopping at the center of the room.

?What has happened?? Mace Windu broke the silence abruptly. ?You never show up for your mission, you come back days later, and something is very wrong with your apprentice. His presence is not the same as it was before you left.?

Qui-Gon cringed, looked at the ring of faces surrounding him, and glanced down at the boy clinging to his side. Obi-wan seemed so much younger now than before, so helpless??..NO! He must not allow himself to be distracted now. ?He?.He?.? Qui-Gon stuttered, unable to say the words, because saying them would be admitting that it had really happened, and was not just a bad dream.

?Start from the beginning you will, Qui-Gon. Why you did not go to your mission, you will tell us.? Yoda said slowly.

Qui-Gon swallowed hard and nodded. ?We were on a ship??

?We meaning you and Obi-Wan?? Mace interrupted.

?Yes. We were on the transport that would take us to our mission, and were shot down to Gala. We found problems there, which I will explain later, when I can, and we were trying to fix those problems, when Obi-Wan was captured. The local government assumed him to be a rebel traitor when they could not find a file on him. He was taken and??

A hand squeezed his arm painfully. Qui-Gon looked down at the youth at his side. Obi-Wan?s eyes were filled with sorrow, as if he had suddenly remembered everything, and the knowledge was too painful for him to bear. As if he were seeking shelter in Qui-Gon?s large, deep eyes. It was obvious he had not remembered though, because he still had that confused look as well. Qui-Gon placed his arm around the boy?s shoulders, squeezing gently. Obi-Wan relaxed a little, and Qui-Gon looked up. ??And his memory was erased.? He finished. Obi-Wan uttered a small cry, then was silent.

A gasp went around the room. ?But, how is this possible?? Mace inquired.

?I really don?t know. I know what the machine does, but I have never seen it.? Qui-Gon admitted. All eyes turned to Obi-Wan. ?Obi-Wan knows more about the rest than I do, if he can remember it.? Qui-Gon finished.

Mace looked at the boy. ?Obi-Wan, do you remember anything about that?? Obi-Wan stepped behind Qui-Gon. ?It?s okay, Obi-Wan. But we need to know this, if we are to help you.?

Obi-Wan nodded slowly, and then his eyes seemed to unfocus and stare off into space. He spoke in a weird monotone. ?I?m in a room?It?s dark?There are no windows?everything is shadowy?There is a chair?wires are all over it?I?I?m?? Obi-Wan shuddered, crossed his arms across his chest, grasped his shoulders, and closed his eyes as his chin sank to his chest. Tears appeared in the corners of his eyes as he began to rock back and forth. Adi-Gallia stood up and walked to the center of the room, something she rarely did, and grabbed Obi-Wan?s shoulders, gently pushing Qui-Gon out of the way,. She kneeled in front of the teen, and tried to look into his eyes.

?Obi-Wan?come on?you can look at me!? Adi-Gallia said, lifting Obi-Wan?s chin and looking deep into his eyes. She sent peaceful thoughts to the boy?s troubled mind, calming him. The teen?s muscles relaxed, and he looked around. Adi-Gallia sent him images of growing up around these people, trying to make him see that all those in the council room were merely there to help, not to hurt him. ?Obi-Wan?take your time?We understand that this is hard. You may go at your own pace. No one will rush you.? She stood up and walked away, sitting back down.

Qui-Gon started to move back towards Obi-Wan, but Adi-Gallia sent a block with the force, stopping him in his tracks. Qui-Gon turned his head to her with a

16. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    How confusing it must be for poor Obi. What will Qui-Gon do? The council wants to talk to him? They won't suggest he give Obi up will they?

17. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    AHHH, have you been sneaking in and reading my prewrites Abbi_cee?

18. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    Good posts, Jacinta!

19. kristi-wan

kristi-wan Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2001
    Oh, poor Obi-Wan!!!! That almost made me cry, he was so confused and hurt!!! I hope good things start to happen to him soon, they need to find a way to get his memories back!!!

Keep writing, you're doing a great job!!!

-Kristi

20. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    almost kristi? Darn, guess I'll have to work harder. Teehee. j/k.

Ok, see you guys at the next post.

21. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Awwwwwww!!!!! Poor kid!

*Ashley hugs Obi*

Good post! :)

22. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001

I just started reading this and I have to say...............Good story! I've been wondering whether or not anyone would write a story about this.......and it looks promising.

I just have to ask the one question I always ask about new stories.......... :D

WILL THERE BE MUSH!?

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Possibly in book two or three(this is really long), but not in book 1, whixh is what I am currently in.

I doubt it, I stink at mush, but we'll see if the oppurtunity arises.

24. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Post, I don't know how long it is, but it was the nearest stopping point for awhile.

I might post more tonight, depends on if I get opinions! j/k, you guys have been great about imput, please keep it up.

When Qui-Gon reached the council doors, they flew open before he could say anything. He strode in. Mace met his eye, his face grim. Qui-Gon flinched inwardly. Whatever they wanted, he was regretting coming back already.

?Qui-Gon, we have made a decision, and I might as well come to the point. We think that Obi-Wan should go back to the job he had before, as a farmer. He has lost thirteen years of training,? Mace said, cutting off Qui-Gon?s objection, ?and we do not know how to get it back. As of now, he is a waste of your teaching talent. There are others that need to be trained. Even more important, he is a waste of your talent as a Jedi. You may be headstrong, but you are still one of the best, and he would take up too much of your time.?

?And yet, you seem to be missing the massive point.? Qui-Gon replied, carefully controlling his anger.

?And what might that be?? Mace asked skeptically.

?The fact that when I formally requested Obi-Wan to be my padawan, I made a promise in a way. The taking of a padawan is not to be dealt with lightly, as you?ve said yourself.?

?So I have. But??

?If you will excuse me, I?m not done yet. My promise makes me connected with the padawan of my choice, until either he or I die, or in the happy event that Obi-Wan has learned everything I can teach him. None of this has occurred yet, and until it does, I am still that boy?s master.?

?Qui-Gon, the boy that was your padawan IS dead. We may never get him back!?

?MAY never. Until that may is gone, I will try to get the boy back. That is my first priority from now on. And as soon as possible, I will set out to accomplish that priority.?

Mace opened his mouth, closed it, and heaved a long sigh. He glanced around the room to see if anyone had anything to say, then, when the answer was negative, turned back to Qui-Gon. ?You may go.?

Qui-Gon turned towards the door and started to leave when a voice stopped him. ?And Qui-Gon,? He turned to look at Adi-Gallia. ?May the force be with you.? Adi-Gallia flashed him a rare smile. He smiled grimly back, and left.

Ok, next post, we get Bant into the story.

25. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    That's it Qui-Gon, you tell them! Obi's still your boy! ;) Now, go fix him. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.