main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UPDATED ON 8/4!!! What if Obi-Wan's memory had been erased in JA #3?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Oct 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knight_Obi

Knight_Obi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 24, 2001
    Yes Qui. Go and defend your boy!!!!

Cool post Jacinta.

Awaiting for more as always. (I knew they were going to send Obi off to AgriCorps)

Knight_Obi

2. young_mara

young_mara Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2001
    You tell 'em, Qui!

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I knew they were going to send Obi off to AgriCorps

No, Qui won't let them! [face_laugh] Our ol' maverick Jedi, but we love him for it.

4. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, I post today.

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Here is promised post! Feedback, don't forget, it's my fuel to write.

Qui-Gon went to Bant?s quarters right afterward. Bant was Obi-Wan?s best friend, maybe she could help. But she wasn?t there. He went to the lake, her favorite place to just be calm, or have fun. She was not there either.

Finally, disappointed, he went to Obi-Wan?s quarters. The door was open! He ran in, afraid of what he might find. Or, more specifically, what he might NOT find!

Bant was standing beside the bed, her hand resting on the unconcious boy?s forehead. Qui-Gon let loose a sigh of relief, and the sound made Bant jump and turn abruptly. She began to lose her balance, falling towards Obi-Wan?s limp form, but Qui-Gon snagged her just in time.

?What are you doing here?? He demanded.

?Well?..someone said they had seen you arrive, and that Obi-Wan was here, so I came here. The door was locked, and I was worried, so I unlocked it and came in. He was unconscious. I thought I would wait for him to come to. Will he be alright?? She asked worriedly.

?He?ll be fine. But there was a reason that door was locked! He might hurt someone, or himself!? Qui-Gon cried.

?Why would he do that? What?s happened?? She asked, her eyes glittering with unshed tears.

Qui-Gon spilled the entire story. Bant began to weep, staring down at her friend. Qui-Gon put his arm around her and gently led her from the room. He locked the door. Bant was still crying, so he took her to the lake and sat her down. He sat next to her, his arm still around her, suprising himself.

?It?s alright. I understand, Bant. It?s okay. You don?t have to be ashamed of crying. You have a right to cry.? He soothed her, not believing that the words were coming out of his mouth. Bant turned her head up to him and opened her mouth to tell him he didn?t understand, but she saw the sadness in his eyes, and just nodded, looking back down. She continued to cry, and Qui-Gon let her. When she couldn?t cry anymore, Qui-Gon turned her head up toward him.

?It?s not hopeless, at least not yet. I am going to do everything I can to get his memory back. I need your help.? He said.

Bant?s face brightened. ?How?!! I?ll do anything, ANYTHING! Just tell me, and I?ll help! Whatever I can do?.?

Qui-Gon smiled and cut in. ?I?ll tell you, if you ever give me the chance! I just want to see if Obi-Wan recognizes you, and if he does, I want you to ask gentle questions about what happened. If I know enough, I might be able to reverse the process. But I won?t even KNOW if I can until I know exactly what happened.? Bant nodded solemnly. ?Now, go back to your room. It?s almost time to eat. I?ll call for you when he comes to.?

Bant nodded again, trying to remain solemn, but she couldn?t contain herself. She grinned, ?Thanks!?, and ran off.

Qui-Gon returned to Obi-Wan?s room. He pulled a chair up to the bed. Then he waited for Obi-Wan to wake up. And waited. And waited. Qui-Gon nodded off again and again, but always woke up abruptly. Hours later, he finally fell asleep.

We-ell?

6. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    We-ell, I think you should post more, but then, you could post ever 5 minutes and I'd still think that. ;) :) I hope Bant can help him. :)

7. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Very nice post, but it wasn't long enough! ;)

Please post again soon!!

8. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm sorry, I busy. I forgot to fix reall long post, it's decieving i know, i fix it. If I get a chance, I post tonight.

I don't know, I've been kicked off, and I have too post on three other stories for the night is over, But I try.

9. Ani_rhymeswith_pansy

Ani_rhymeswith_pansy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 13, 2001
    So, there WILL be mush, right?

:D

Yeah, I know, I need a life, but, when I think about it........I DON'T CARE!

Just post long, soon, and often.

10. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, I don't know. I really don't. There might be, but I haven't finished the story yet, so I don't know yet.

Wherever the plot bunny takes me is where I go, so we'll see.

11. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, sorry for being gone, I promise to post today, k?

12. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, I know it's a bit short, it was all I could manage.

When Qui-Gon woke up, he saw Obi-Wan staring down at him. He silently cursed himself for falling asleep, and sat up. He saw that HE was on the sleeping pallet, and OBI-WAN was in the chair. He stood up quickly and straightened his tunic, embarrassed.

Obi-Wan flashed him a shy smile. Though he was sad and did not feel like it, he forced himself to smile back. Then he remembered. Bant.

He glanced at the time chronometer, seeing that it was the middle of the night. But he knew that no matter what time it was, Bant would never forgive him if he did not call her. He quickly sent her a message to her datapad, setting the message to beep and wake her up.

Qui-Gon turned and sat next to Obi-Wan to wait for her. Obi-Wan had obviously had a nightmare, because his eyes were wide and he looked very frightened. Qui-Gon stroked the boy?s hair. He whispered to the youth, assuring him, calming him. Then he realized that he was treating his padawan the way he had when the boy was three. He began to chide himself, then made another discovery when he removed his hand and quieted down.

Obi-Wan looked up quickly, tears glistening in his eyes. He needed the reassurance. There isn?t much difference, he thought, except in size. He returned his hand to Obi-Wan?s head and continued his soft whispers. Qui-Gon?s forced calm effected the boy tremendously, and the tears n his eyes seemed to dry up, disappearing quickly.

They stayed that way for a long time, the moment somehow frozen in time, until a knock came at the door. Both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan jumped. Qui-Gon went over to the door, took a deep breath while he composed himself. He opened it, and looked at a nervous Bant.

?Is he awake?? She asked. Her clothes were a mess, obviously thrown on in a hurry.

?Yes, he is, but?? He began, stepping out into the corridor. Bant quickly shoved him out of the way, darted in, shut the door and locked it in a flash. Qui-Gon turned, startled and dumbfounded, and banged his fists on the door.

?Bant! He might not remember you! ? Bant! Don?t force him to tell you ANYTHING! ???.BANT!!!? He cried one last time in angry frustration, banging his fist against the door again, then sank to the floor. He put his head in his hands. He?d have to hope that Bant was smart enough to handle the situation.

COMMENTS!

13. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    Oh no a cliffhanger!

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Oh goody! A post! I liked it a lot. Poor Obi... I think he needs a hug! :)

More soon please! :D

15. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, don't worry, he gets it!! Bant is just what he needs.

16. TwilightKat

TwilightKat Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 12, 2001
    Qui-Gon got sedated - shame.:D Do we see the beginnings of 'nother An-Paj(oh the horror!) Update soon 'cos I read horrendeously fast, so have to wait all the longer(patented pout No.3)
    Ah well, will go searching for Obi to pass the time...

17. KSkywalker

KSkywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 7, 1998
    Uh,, Qui-Gon... Why are you banging on the door?? You could easily "unlock" it with the force!! ;)

18. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Don't worry, that's explained in the next post, Bant won't let him. Sorry, guess I should have added that in this one. Oh well, you'll see tomorrow. If it's dumb, I wrote this basically a long time ago, so go easy on me.

19. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Sorry I've been gone, I've been writing a short story.

Please go read it!

Lost all will to live

This is a story about Obi and Qui, and it is a mush and angst.

anyway, I'm done now, so I'll get back to this.

20. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok here goes. And if the reaction doesn't seem to be like Qui-Gon, it will be explained.

Bant turned away from the door, found a chair, and pushed it in front of the door. If Qui-Gon used the force to get in, he would have to make a lot of noise, and possibly scare Obi-Wan, and she knew he didn?t want to risk that. She ignored his protests and turned around.

The room was dim, and she turned the light up. She heard a small gasp. She looked around. Obi-Wan was nowhere to be seen. Was this a trick? Had Qui-Gon got her to come in alone so she would be out of the way?

Suddenly, something in the corner caught her eye. Bant looked closer, and saw Obi-Wan huddled there in a ball. She walked over, felling strange. She was younger than Obi-Wan. He had usually conforted her.

Bant was considering what to do when the silence was broken. ?B-b??Bant? Is your name Bant?? Obi-Wan stuttered, eyes hopeful. Bant nodded. Obi-Wan leaped up from the floor and ran over, flinging his arms around her in a clumsy but heartfelt hug. She hugged him back, then gently pushed away. She pushed his braid behind his ear, from where it had strayed. She laughed nervously.

?The last time I saw your hair this mussed was when you came back from a fight with Bruck?.? Bant started to say, but stopped as Obi-Wan shuddered violently, and renewed anger burned in his eyes. ?Oh! I forgot! Yes, I know, I don?t like him either. He?s a fool.? She said quickly.

Bant walked over to the chair beside the bed, pulling up another, and gestured for him to sit down. He stood there. Sighing slightly, she guided him to the chair and pushed him down in it.

?Obi-Wan?Do you remember when your memory was erased? Is there anything you can tell me about it?? She asked gently. Suprisingly, Obi-Wan did not react violently or cry or anything. Good, she had been worried.

?No?I told the council everything I remember.? Her head sagged. Obi-Wan struggled to cheer her up. ?But I did remember something else when you walked in.?

She smiled sadly. ?Yes, Obi-Wan? What was it??

?I remember where we were when it?happened. We were on Gala, with Guerra and Paxxi, because they hijacked us and took us there. And I know that I met Guerra when I was?.a miner??

?Good.? She nodded, still smiling as one would to a child who had just learned a new word. She?d check the information with Qui-Gon later.

Obi-Wan yawned widely. Gently, she coaxed him back into bed. Meeting her had lessened his fear, and he fell asleep almost immediately.

Bant quietly tiptoed out. Qui-Gon jumped up the minute she opened the door, but she put a finger to her lips. ?Shhhh! He?s asleep!? She pointed, then shut the door softly.

Qui-Gon began talking the second the door clicked shut. ?Did he tell you anything?? She nodded slowly. ?What, what?!? He demanded.

?Well?I don?t think it means anything?It was strange?he must have been raving about nothing.? She answered.

?It was a strange occurrence! What did he say? Bant, tell me!!? Qui-Gon shouted.

Bant put a finger to his lips, covering his mouth and quieting him. ?Shhh! You?ll wake him up!? Bant insisted.

Qui-Gon glared at her. ?Ba-ant!? He growled in a low voice. Bant decided she had better tell him. She didn?t like the look on Qui-Gon?s face.

?Nothing much. He said you were on Gala, with Guerra and Paxxi. But that can?t be. You weren?t going to Gala!? She said disbelievingly.

Qui-Gon nodded, trying to mask his disappointment. //Patience!// He told himself, but he did a poor job convincing himself. ?Yes, that?s true. Guerra and Paxxi faked a problem to get us to land on Gala.? Bant nodded back.

?Okay?Anyway, that?s it. He?s asleep. I?m going to stay with him. Why don?t you get some sleep?? Qui-Gon shook his head violently, and opened his mouth, but Bant cut him off. ?Look, I?m staying anyway. It doesn?t matter what you do, and I?ve already slept. You?ll be able to help him more tomorrow if you sleep a little. It?s up to you. But I?M not changi

21. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Hey? Has everybody gone away?

22. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Good post! :)

More soon please! :D

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Thanks for the fb. Just in case everyone is NOT gone, here's another post.

Qui-Gon woke up to the sound of his doorlink. ?Master Qui-Gon, you have a visitor. Master Qui-Gon, you have a visitor. Master Qui?..? He stretched widly, noting all his sore places. Bacta may heal, but it didn?t stop his body?s signals that he been hurt. He rubbed a sore shoulder and stood, walking over to a doorlink. He pressed the button to shut it up, then sighed at the peacefulness. He pressed the respond button, and said groggily, ?Yes??

A worried female voice came over. ?Oh! Did I wake you up sir? I?m so sorry! I?ll come back later!? The link clicked off.

Qui-Gon fought with the rebellious switch. ?Errr! Come on! I don?t want her to?? The button worked. ??.leave! Turn on!? He finished before he realized that it had worked.

?What? What did you say? Please don?t be angry!? That wasn?t Bant . And it wasn?t anyone else he knew that he could think of. He switched the respond button.

?Sorry, that wasn?t directed at you.?

?Oh, ok?..good.? Silence. Sheesh! What did she want? She woke him up!

?Who are you?? He demanded, to sleepy to care if he was rude.

?Oh, I forgot. This is Jenistar. I treated your padawan yesterday.? Qui-Gon threw the door open. The young woman started. ?I?I??

Qui-Gon sighed. He had been told he could be intimidating to some. ?Yes? What did you need?? He asked kindly, softening his expression with some effort.

?I was throwing away Obi-Wan?s clothes and I felt something warm. I checked the pocket, and?.well?..I found this.? She held it up a small stone.

Qui-Gon recognized it. Every master gives his or her padawan a gift when the padawan turns thirteen. That had been his present. He had found it when he was a padawan.

?It was sort of pretty.? Jenistar continued. ?And?.I don?t know?Does he want it?? Qui-Gon nodded, unable to say anything. He didn?t trust himself to. ?Ok, I?m glad I checked then.? Jenistar finished. Qui-Gon found his voice.

?Thank you VERY much for being so thorough. Both he and I appreciate it. It is very important. It was my master-padawan gift on his thirteen birthday. Memories began to flood back. But they were interrupted by Jenistar?s voice.

?A ROCK?? She stared at him in disbelief, then realized her rudeness. ?Oh! I?m sorry! I didn?t mean it that way! Uhhh?..I?d better get back.? Qui-Gon nodded solemnly, and she ran off, obviously glad to be out of his presence. He went back into his room, and shut the door. He decided to go check on Bant, see if she had learned anything. He glanced down at himself. Maybe he should take a shower and change his tunic first.
    As soon as he finished, he rushed out into the hallway. His eyes fell on his time chronometer. It was still early. He shouldn?t go this early. He paced the room. If he didn?t go now, what would he do? He was awake. No chance of going back to bed. As if in answer to his question, his stomach gave a loud growl. He hadn?t eaten in hours. Obi-Wan was probably still asleep. He would he eat before going to see Obi-Wan.
    Obi-Wan had woken up before Coruscant?s sun had, hours ago. Bant had taken him to the cafeteria and given him his favorite breakfast. Obi-Wan had recognized a few of the foods, but the memories were dim.

Now they sat in the place they had spent most of their time together, in the artificial lake room. They lay back in the grass, the silence undisturbed, except by an occasional, ?And what is that Bant,? from Obi-Wan.

Bant answered all his questions. Obi-Wan was delighted with the lake, because most of it was so new to him. Maybe he had lost his memory, but no one could convince Bant that Obi-Wan?s personality was gone too. Obi-Wan was still there. Maybe a younger Obi-Wan, in a body to big for him, but Obi-Wan all the same. It would take time, and patience, but everything would return to normal.

Bant sat, lounging in these happy thoughts, when their solitude was broken. Qui-Gon burst through t

24. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    I'm talking, I'm talking! :D

Poor Obi-Wan. Hope that there will be mush between Obi and Qui. :) Please? :)

x Clare x

25. Athen

Athen Jedi Youngling

Sep 17, 2000
    Of cause we are not gone, we are just waiting for your new post. And look, we got it. :)

Why do I kind of feel like Bant was keeping Obi-Wan from Qui-Gon? or Qui-Gon to Obi-Wan?
    I think I am losing my mind.

Well, I hope the mush stuff come soon.
    Post soon? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.