main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UPDATED ON 8/4!!! What if Obi-Wan's memory had been erased in JA #3?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Oct 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    I can't believe how far I fell behind here. (sigh, too much RL and not nearly enough time for the important stuff. ;) ) Anyway... I can't believe Bant locked Qui-Gon out and is she trying to keep Qui-Gon away from Obi? It sure seems like it. Are you sure she's not a pod person? This is not the shy, respectful, kind Bant I know. Maybe Qui-Gon's having a nightmare. ;) Looking forward to where you decide to take this. :)

2. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    I know this is not the Bant you know, it gets explained in the next post.

One thing. Would you be acting normal if your best friend had just had his or her memory wiped? I wouldn't. Plus, if you go back, Qui started to be kind of pushy when she was first going to see Obi, and she was like, AHHHHH, FORGET YOU!

Anyway, I know, next post explains.

3. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, well, I just felt like posting, so I did. er you go, the end of book one. ON TO BOOK TWO!

When Qui-Gon found them again, Bant was talking Obi-Wan to eat his lunch. She was smiling at Obi-Wan, but Qui-Gon could sense the smile wasn?t felt. He walked over.

?Bant, I?m going to talk Obi-Wan back to our quarters to eat.? Qui-Gon said automatically.

Something flashed in Bant?s eyes. ?Quit trying to take Obi-Wan away!? She cried angrily, her eyes glistening with tears.

Qui-Gon started. ?What? Bant, I haven?t been taking him away, you have been pushing me away! He is MY padawan Bant!? Qui-Gon said a bit irritably.

Bant stared at him, surprised. ?I?.I have?? Bant asked disbelievingly. Qui-Gon nodded. Bant ran forward and hugged him. ?I?m sorry! I never thought of it that way! I guess I was just being selfish.? Bant cried.

Qui-Gon smiled. ?No, you?ve been a good friend.?

Bant pulled back and sniffed, looking at Obi-Wan, who was looking around the room curiously, oblivious to them. ?I just feel so bad! Obi-Wan?s in there, somewhere, locked away! He?s struggling to get out, like he?s in a prison, I can feel it. I can sense him, I just can?t find him. I want to help him, and I don?t know how. I guess you were just there as an outlet for my anger. Very un-Jedi-like, I know. I?m very sorry.? Bant hung her head.

Qui-Gon put his arm around her shoulders. ?It was an understandable reaction. But you are right, Jedi need to control their fear. And that?s what it is, Bant. Fear. You must control it. Now, what happened today?? Qui-Gon asked.

Bant quickly outlined the day. ?Basically, he?s remembering things, but painstakingly slow. And as he remembers, he changes a bit. Not his personality, but the loss of each memory causes Obi-Wan to change just a little. There must be a better way.?

?I know.? Qui-Gon sighed heavily. ?I?m going to take him to his birth planet. Maybe a change of scene will help. Or maybe his family will jog his memory.? Qui-Gon shrugged. ?It?s worth a try, anyway. I?ve arranged transportation. We leave tomorrow morning.?

Bant nodded. ?It?s a good idea, I think.?

Qui-Gon half-smiled. ?Well, would you like to come eat with Obi-Wan and myself?? Bant nodded thankfully, glad they had reached a compromise.
    The next morning, Bant helped Obi-Wan buckle himself into his seat after showing him around. Obi-Wan was thrilled with the transport, and took everything in with wide eyes.

Bant embraced Qui-Gon shyly as she left. Strangely, this experience had brought them closer together. Qui-Gon wasn?t the unfeeling Jedi she had thought he was. ?Take good care of him. May the force be with you.? Qui-Gon nodded somberly.

Bant got off, and watched as the hatch shut, and the ship took off. She waved with one hand, crossed her fingers with the other. ?Bye!? She whispered. ?May the force be with you.? She said again. The gold transport disappeared into hyperspace. Bant went back inside the temple, uncrossing her fingers with a sigh.

To be continue........

4. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Well I'm glad to see Bant and Qui-Gon coming to an understanding. For a minute there I thought they were going to come to blows. It makes sense that the two people closest to him are going to feel overly protective and Bant and Qui don't really know each other at this point. So, they're off to Obi's home planet, that should be interesting. Will they be meeting Obi's family? :)

5. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I don't know. I started this story when Obi-Wan was Owen's brother, so I'm not sure what to do. What I wrote was a bunch of stuff between him and Owen, but now.....should I just post it anyway, since it's AU anyway?

I will post anyway, because first they visit another planet, but it would still be nice to know soon

6. TheSwedishJedi

TheSwedishJedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 15, 2001
    Yes you should post.

Go with what you had planned. We'd all understand. I'm not to sure about the whole change in family either. Where did the idea that Obi-Wan and Owen were brother's anyway?

More please.

~Swede :p

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Oh, I don't remember. It was a long time ago, but if you'll read, that idea was so popular. Anyway, I don't know how it started, but about two years ago it was considered common knowledge. The we found out Owen was Anakin's stepbrother, and to be frank, I liked it better the other way. It made more sense.

8. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    In the Jedi Apprentice 3 when they try to erase Obi's memory Obi-Wan holds on to his memories. He remembers his father's laugh and sharing some fruit with his brother Owen.

You all may be too young to remember but there were a lot of questions as to who Luke's father really was Anakin or Obi-Wan. Lucas kept quiet and let people debate. One explanation is that Anakin's mother ends up marring Obi and Owens father who is a widower.

9. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Yes, you're right, glad is june, that's were I got it.

Actually, it had been a rumor for a lot longer, but when it made it into the books I assumed it to be true, as did many others.

Anyway, I might get a post up today, and when I get to his fam, I'll just do Owen, because it's an AU anyway. Thanks.

10. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    Janinta, It probably has already been thought of but it occured to me this morning that perhaps if Owen and Obi are full and not half brothers maybe Owen changed his last name from Kenobi to Lars to hide any conection he might have to the Jedi. Palpatine/Sidious after losing Maul because of Obi-Wan would certainly seek revenge on anyone named Kenobi if he knew their where abouts. He also might want to hold any of Obi's family hostage to draw Obi into a trap.

11. LinaOrgana

LinaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    UP!date this soon, please! :)

12. Aralna

Aralna Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2000
    Actually, the idea Owen and Obi were brothers came about long before JA #3. It was in the novelization to RotJ, I think... I haven't read it in awhile, but I know it's in one of the novelizations.

And since I didn't comment on the story so far, I guess I better, huh? Very interesting(and good). :) :D Not the most helpful comment, but the best I came up with. ;)

13. Glad is June

Mar 10, 2000
    In A New Hope Obi tells Luke that Owen thought Anakin should stay on the farm and not get involved "in a crusade." So we know Anakin does know Owen. The question is how where and when they met. You know it is never said that the "farm" is on Tatooine. It was just assumed it was. Perhaps the farm Obi spoke of was on a different planet.

I need to look at that part of the movie again. It seems Obi gave Luke as little information as posible.

14. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
  15. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
  16. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    WHY CAN'T YOU LET THIS DIE?

WAAAAAAAAAA!

When it was in the pits of fanfic darkness, I didn't feel bad! *sigh*

Well, now that it's here, I guess I'd better work on a post.

17. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ok, I sat down and wrote a post, so here it is.

Book two
    Obi-Wan sighed as he sat down on the ground a few feet from the transport. Qui-Gon had said to stay near the ship, that he would be back soon.

That had been a half hour ago, and the thirteen year old was getting quite bored. He watched a small furry animal in the grass a few feet in front of him.

The animal sat up, and looked at him, wiggling it?s pink nose and blinking it?s black eyes. Obi-Wan tensed, but held still. The animal finally turned away, deciding he wasn?t a threat. Obi-Wan sighed quietly and looked around, having lost interest in the animal.

Obi-Wan scratched a leg, and twisted his braid around his finger as he wished Qui-Gon would hurry up.
    Dagmar walked quickly through the halls, her blond ringlets flying behind her. She was supposed to meet with her best friend in 5 minutes. If her tutors discovered her, she could forget going anywhere. Best to take unknown routes.

She knew a shortcut through the prison. No one was ever there since there were no prisoners. But as she walked past the cells, she ran into a guard. ?What are you doing here?? She demanded hotly.

The guard turned to look at her. ?Guarding the prisoner. But I think the correct question would be, what are YOU doing here, Princess?? He glared at her accusingly.

Princess Dagmar puffed herself up, straining to stand as tall as she could. ?That is not your concern!? She said fiercely. Then the implications of what he had said hit her. She stared at him, confused. ?What prisoner? You NEVER have prisoners! What did he do?? She asked, starting forward to peer through the bars. The guard pushed her back. Dagmar looked up at him angrily. ?I want to see!? The 12-year-old insisted. She walked towards the door again, but the guard pulled her back once more.

?Come on, Princess Dagmar!? He said pleadingly. ?Give the guy a little privacy?!! He?s a person, not a freak show!? He put a hand on her shoulder and stared at her,

Dagmar shrugged it off. This guard had DEFINITELY forgotten his place. ?You realize, GUARD, ythat I am the princess of ALL Perali, and I have EVERY right to look if I so wish!? She said with a piercing blue eyed gaze, nostrils flaring. The guard opened his mouth to reply when another voice broke into their conversation.

?Oh no?..It?s getting dark?..Obi-Wan?.? A forlorn sound came from the cell, then someone banged on the door. ?Guard! You must let me speak to someone in charge! I have a young boy waiting all alone, and I must get to him! It?s been 7 hours since I left him!? The lock rattled by some invisible force, but refused to open.

Dagmar turned to the guard. ?What did he do?? She repeated.

The guard shrugged. ?He?s a stranger to our planet.?

Dagmar darkened. ?But what did he do?? She demanded.

?Well, we don?t know what he wants.?

?Have you even asked him??

?Well, no?.but it?s the kings orders.?

Dagmar was appalled. ?Let me in there now!? She insisted. The guard unlocked the door and she went inside. The door shut behind her.

Dagmar looked around the dark cell till her eyes adjusted and she saw a tall man with long hair in a robe sitting in the corner, head in hands. ?Sir?.May I speak to you?? After all he?d been through just because he was a stranger, she could at least be civil.

?Go ahead. I can?t very well go anywhere.? The man said dismally without looking up.

?Why did you come to our planet, sir??

?I just wanted some help from your famous healers for my padawan. He is 13, but he can?t be left alone, and he is all by himself!? The man said almost desperately.

Dagmar sighed, anger shining in her eyes. ?Don?t worry. I?ll talk to daddy. I?ll get you out.? The man looked up, glanced at her, and smiled faintly, taken with what he was as overconfidence, but he didn?t say anything. He did not yet know that she was the princess. Dagmar left.

Qui-Gon sighed. He had tried to open the lock with the force, but it seemed that all Peralian locks were fo

18. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Oh dear, poor Qui-Gon, a parent's worst nightmare. I hope the princess can talk to her father so Qui-Gon can get to Obi-Wan.

19. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    I'm going to be shameless here, I'm warning you.

Up.

20. HotHoney22

HotHoney22 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 1, 2001
    Yeah, in the novel of ROTJ it did say that Obi and Owen were brothers. They supposedly just said that Owen was Luke's Uncle. It just seemed from then on that it was a common knowledge that Owen was not actually Anakin's brother.

21. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Qui!!! How frustrating!!

More soon please!! ;)

22. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Here's another post.

QUI TORTURE! [face_shocked] very mild, sorry. ;)

Obi-Wan glanced at the sky, worried. It was pitch black. He would have to look for Qui-Gon. He stood up and walked into the woods. The transport that took them here had left hours ago after delivering it?s cargo.

Obi-Wan moved a tree branch out of his way, and called out, ?Qui-Gon,? into the silent night. He walked a little further and called again. Suddenly, he heard rustling to his right. He dropped to the ground, and a 19-year-old girl burst through the brush, her long, bright red hair making a cape behind her. She was followed by a middle aged man with gray hair.

?I tell you, I heard something! It was coming from?? The girl stopped as the light from her luma fell on Obi-Wan. He cringed and covered his face. ?I told you! Hey! What?s wrong laddie?? She asked, putting her hand on his shoulder. ?Why, daddy, he?s freezing! We should take him home. He?s all alone, and he won?t survive a Peralian night.? The older man sighed slightly, but the girl sent him an icy blue-eyed glare, and he nodded. Obi-Wan didn?t move. The man walked over and pulled Obi-Wan onto his shoulder, and pushed through the brush to reveal a small dwelling. He went inside, followed by his daughter.
    Dagmar burst into her father?s throne room. The king, Acton, turned to look at her. ?Yes child? What is so important??

Dagmar went straight to the throne. She was red with anger. ?Father, it?s about that man you imprisoned.?

?What about him?? Acton said, stifling a sigh.

?You must see him! You haven?t even heard what he wants!? Dagmar said, her anger growing.

?Dagmar, child, you do not understand. He is an outsider. He is dangerous. He cannot be trusted.? Acton said in an uninterested tone.

?At least listen to him?? Dagmar pleaded.

Acton sighed. ?Oh, all right.? He waved his hand at a guard, who went to fetch him.
    Qui-Gon was wakened by the sound of the door to his cell opening. Two guards grabbed him and shoved him down onto a flat board-looking object. They cuffed his hands and feet to the board. Then they picked him up and walked into the hallway. Qui-Gon struggled to see, but from his vantage point, all he saw was the ceiling. Qui-Gon tried to undo the locks with the force, but to no avail. He was not used to being helpless, and it bothered him immensely.

They entered a huge room, and the board was placed against a brace so Qui-Gon was facing who he assumed to be the king. The girl who had come to his cell was standing next to him. The king spoke.

?Stranger, because of my daughter?s insistance,? the king nodded to the girl next to him. Qui-Gon started in surprise. She was the princess? The king continued. ?I?m going to allow you to tell me why you came. But first, who are you and where do you come from??

?My name is Qui-Gon Jinn, and I come from Coruscant. I am a Jedi Knight.? Qui-Gon said evenly.

?There is your first lie! If you are a Jedi Knight, why are you still locked to the prisoner restraint?? Acton pressed something on his armrest, and jolts of electricity shot through Qui-Gon?s body from the cuffs.

Qui-Gon cringed in pain. ?I came to see if you could heal my 13-year-old companion, whom, upon my capture, was left alone.?

?Yet another lie! When you were captured, you were alone!? Acton cried angrily, and tunred the voltage up, and held the button down. ?DO NOT LIE TO ME!?

When the button was released, Qui-Gon slumped, breathing hard. ?If you?ll let me, I can take you to him.?

Acton pressed the button once more, holding it down until his thumb turned white. ?Do you think I am dumb enough for that? Who is going to ambush us when we?re away from town?? He sighed and let go of the button. ?Take him back to the cell until he feels more truthful.? He said, nodding at the guards.

Dagmar stared at her father. ?Great interview, dad.? She stormed away.

Acton frowned. ?That child is NEVER satisfied.? He mumbled irritably.

The guards too

23. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
  24. KenobisGirl

Jul 10, 2001
    Poor Qui! He's just trying to help poor Obi...

More soon please! :D

25. ShirleyLang

ShirleyLang Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2001
    Hello? Is this thread still alive?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.