main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH (Updated) The BEST Star Wars movie is...

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by DarthSkywalker360, May 22, 2005.

?

(Updated) The BEST Star Wars movie is...

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Episode 1: The Phantom Menace

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Episode 2: Attack of the Clones

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Episode 3: Revenge of the Sith

36.8%
  4. Episode 4: A New Hope

5.3%
  5. Episode 5: The Empire Strikes Back

21.1%
  6. Episode 6: Return of the Jedi

10.5%
  7. What kind of question is this? You can't compare these movies to each other.

26.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
  2. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    The time has come, I think Revenge of the Sith has been out long enough to make a decision. (or maybe not). Either way, this will at least get you to start thinking.

As for me, I would have to say that Jedi is still my fav. With the final showdown of Luke vs. Vader, the destruction of the empire, and the ultimate redemption of Anakin, it's a great movie.

3. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    It's close between Empire and Sith but in my book Sith sqeaked past Empire. Yes Empire has Big events in the movies. But Sith had big events and more. You have to think of seeing it starting at at one. I'm trying to retrain my mind. I've watched A New Hope so far after seeing Sith. Boy what a difference.

4. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Very close between ROTS and ROTJ for me.... I like ESB, but ROTJ always has been my favorite since I was a kid, mainly because of the final 40 minutes.... And the Vader/Luke is STILL my favorite Lightsaber fight, because of the meaning of the fight (plus the music is the most intense in SW's history IMO).
    But now, ROTJ has to slip to #2.... ROTS is simply too cool!! So much going on, and so many things I wanted to know since I was a kid... I've seen it 4 times now, and I only like it better :)

5. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    I don't know, for me it's a toss up between ESB & ROTS.

I've only seen ROTS once so far and I need more viewings for a proper estimate.

6. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    I picked the what kind of a question is this option. I just feel that they are each a chapter in a book called Star Wars and I love them all equally. But I have noticed most people love ESB and ROTS the most. Which begs the question, Do people just love seeing Jedi get their Butts kicked? I mean it seems to me that if Lucas wants to have his movies loved then all he needs to do is just cover all of the darkest moments in the Star Wars universe and everyone will love it. Maybe some Sith War era stuff and some dark moments from the New Jedi Order. People just love Evil and seeing good get it's ass kicked I guess.

7. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002

I think it is a great question and I picked ROTS!!!
    After that I like ROTJ second because I love seeing GOOD win out as it should. :)

8. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    I actually hated seeing Jedis get killed in ROTS... I used to like uncle Palpatine, now I really can't stand him... I just think that ROTS is really the best thing I've seen in a theatre :)

9. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    I agree with Sean partially, we all have our own preferences on what makes the best in the series to us.

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, that's what the poll is all about!! lol :)

11. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    I'm trying to think of the saga differently now. Now that all six chapters are complete they shouldn't be thought of as different movies at all, IMO. They all tell different parts of the same story. Much like Lord of the Rings, Star Wars was chopped into segments for convenience and practicality (well, not to mention that all six episode weren't written. . ). So really, they're all my favorite. >_<!

12. DarthSkywalker360

Oct 21, 2002
    After seeing Sith for the third time now, it is a very close 2nd next to Jedi. I know Lucas wants to have people see it as one saga, and one movie; it just doesn't feel like it. With LOTR being shot and released within a 4 year period it feels like one movie. But with Star Wars it has been 28 years, which does make a difference. Not to mention that I believe there is a major difference in the quality of the OT compared to the prequels. Sith maybe my 2nd fav out of the 6, but I'd watch the OT over the prequels anytime.

13. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    but I'd watch the OT over the prequels anytime....

Not me, I'd watch them all!!!! ;)
    I am looking forward to when ROTS comes to DVD. Then I can watch all six in a row. I think that will take a whole day! :D

14. Jedi_Junkie

Jedi_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 6, 2003
    It sure would take a whole day to see them all... Next time I see Sith, I'm going to try to watch the Prequels just before, and then run home to watch the OT. n_n;;

15. Sean_Starrider

Sean_Starrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2002
    When me and some of my SW buddies get together we play the SW drinking games for the movies. We always say we are gonna make it through 3 movies but we usually are lucky to make it through 2 of them. :)

16. Khamier_Sarin

Khamier_Sarin Jedi Youngling

Jun 29, 2003
    1st place in my opinion goes to empire. It has the whole hoth battle, yoda training luke, cloud city skirmish.

2nd, hardest choice in my opinion but im going with new hope. especially after seeing rots, the whole area where they are in the death star is cool to see and han doing the highlander yell is my favorite seen in all of the movies.

3rd has gotta be return of the jedi. good triumps evil is punished anakin returns to the light side. i think its a little weird now that they have the young anakin as the ghost now.

4th is gonna be rots, i think my favorite part of this movie was where the youngling takes on like 12 clone troopers and goes down swingin.

5th is phantom menace. the darth maul fight is still the best saber fight in my opinion, i liked the podrace and its cool to see the obi qui-gon relation.

6th last but not least is attack of the clones. love seeing yoda stomp dooku and the whole arena fight. I just felt that there wasnt enough action between vam wessel dying and the arena fight, and i didnt like how jengo goes down.

17. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Well, I'll list my SW movies too :)

- ROTS
    - ROTJ
    - ESB
    - AOTC
    - ANH
    - TPM

18. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    I can play now! I can play! [face_laugh]

Finally, Sweetie Pie and I, finally I say again, got to go see ROTS. Woof! :eek: What a... [face_shock} Woof! Wow, I'm just... :eek: What's that word you use when you can't find the words to use? Speechless!

I'm gonna have to see it again just to see if I really saw all that I saw! I'll have to wait until Friday, at the earliest. That whole payday thing and all. But wow! Woof! I just... I just... The only other SW film to do that was ESB, and that still wasn't as shocking!

19. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    It's a close call for me between Empire Strikes Back and Revenge Of The Sith. However, Sith comes out on top by the slimmest of margins.

20. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    It's a tough call, I love New Hope, it by far is one of my favorites, but then again it's one part of a whole story.

As for my favorite, Return of the Sith has to be it. The emotional sakes that it played in people's lives gave way to a really striking piece of film. The slow suduction of Anakin by Palpatine, the warm love of Anakin and Padme, and the birth of the twins. Not only that, the two scenes clenched it for me. Seeing the fate of Luke and Leia from the beginning, I had waited a long time to see that.

21. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Jan 8, 2002
    Return of the Sith? o_O ;) lol

22. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    :p Can't blame a girl for a little missed word in her post. :p

23. DemonJedi

DemonJedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 4, 2003
    ROTS Im still laughing at the girls crying behind me and Aamie the night of the movie and the nith daytins FF saw it agian same thing hurd some girls crying behind me. Im thinking ... WHAT DID THEY EXPECT WOULD HAPPEN!!! Still I always liked ESB but this one takes the cake.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.