main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Updated title to say there's info here about John Alvin

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Justin...Are you on the Truman Show or something? Or is someone using a Jedi mind trick on you???

Did you notice that your metal Star Wars figures are listed on the main page for theforce.net? Hilarious, you just mentioned them and now a big story on that artist from Bryant Park. This is unreal...I swear us Star Wars fans are all on some reality show. That our spouses all know, but we do not. I invent things all the time and then the next week they are on some 1-800 show...SCARRRRRYYYYYY!!!

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - Connie, I just saw that article about the metal figures late last night! Talk about perfect timing. Yeah the guy had some amazing pieces for sale. He had the life-size Darth Vader there in his booth for $7,000, and it looked like it was worth every single penny. The level of detail that he can achieve just from metal parts is truly stunning. I asked him if he takes requests for certain characters to be made. Unfortunately, he said no.

Good luck with your eBay auctions for the SW ornaments. Hallmark released four SW ornaments this year. Three of them you can see in the pics of my tree (Luke with light-up saber, the Millenium Falcon with light-up tail light, and Jawa with R2). They made a fourth ornament, a Tusken Raider, that was a Hallmark store exclusive and was sold out on Day 1. I tried three different Hallmark stores the day they were released, but could not find one anywhere. Looks like eBay here I come!

- Justin

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Those are cool. I don't know about paying $7,000 for a live size anything but to each his own. LOL

4. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Just a note to say "hi" and, even if you don't celebrate "the day," I hope that you have a merry Christmas. And best wishes for a great 2008! We'll "talk" again soon.

5. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    WHEW....Thank goodness that Christmas is over, so much work.

Anyway, wanted to share some Star Wars goodies I got for Christmas. I did get my two books: The Rise and Fall of Darth Vader and Dark Lord Rising. Also, I got the Star Wars Pop Up Book that I believe Val was talking about. There are soooo many neat pages, I cant stop looking at it. It is becomming a nightcap for me...lol.

After Christmas I went shopping and found some goodies at 50% off. I shopped Target and got a Yoda Musical Santa Snowglobe, a couple figure ornaments, Luke, Leia, Chewy and Vader. Also, I found a really neat one, it has all three movie posters from the Original Trilogy on it and it is pyramid shaped and moves around, very cool. I am still on the quest for Hallmark Ornaments, the older ones, I was able to get all 4 here at my local Hallmark, this year. I will be visiting ebay for the others.

Well, I hope everyone got what they wanted, in means of Star Wars stuff. Love ya all and hope to hear what everyone else got in their stocking...lol.

Hugs

-Connie

6. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I got a book from England that isn't available over here -- that was my only SW gift. Also ordered the Sideshow Padme figurine, but it's been a quiet few months as far as collecting goes, except for the books and comics.

Hope everyone is planning for a great 2008. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year!

7. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Ah, I see Val, this one is a pop up book from here, obviously. Also, I was able to get the Vader Snowglobe at Target as well. It is very neat, has alot of character names on it and Vader is sitting there with the list, crossing off republic people, its pretty cool.

Anyway...Everyone have a great New Year and PLEASE drink responsibly. I wanna see everyone at C5.

Hugs,

-Connie

8. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    It's a special holiday season for me this year. My birthday is New Year's Eve, and I just turned 30. Which just so happens to coincide with the 30th anniversary of our favorite space saga! I guess it was my destiny to become a Star Wars fanatic. :)

Connie -- I also have those ornaments that you mentioned from Target. I actually received a few duplicates for Christmas. My family & friends know they can't go wrong with gifts for my wife and I that have to do with either Star Wars or the NY Jets. Makes getting gifts for us pretty easy!

We just got a set of the three Nintendo DS metal lunchbox starter kits featuring the three Lego Star Wars games. We don't own a Nintendo DS handheld video game system, but the metal lunchboxes were just WAY to cool to pass up.

Man, 2008 is gonna be one heck of an amazing year for Star Wars fans. From The Force Unleashed, to The Clone Wars, and all the new product in between, we are going to be quite busy throughout 2008. And who can forget everyone's favorite whip-wielding archaeologist? 2007 was amazing and basically one huge party that encompassed the entire year. But 2008 has the potential to be just as exciting.

I simply cannot WAIT.

- Justin

9. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Justin's attitude is the one to have... :). And Happy Birthday, too, Justin!

I'm just glad that we're still here to celebrate another year of SW fandom. Keep posting -- we can always find something to talk about!

10. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Happy Birthday Justin...[face_dancing]

Speaking of Star Wars in 2008...Is anyone going to the premiere of Fanboys on the 18th? I plan to go and be in costume just for the fun of it. I am not too sure which one I will wear, prolly my Jedi Costume, unlike my many Padme Costumes, my Jedi Costume is comfortable...lol. I still do not know if they are going to release it at midnight, like the other Star Wars films. I sure hope so, would be fun!!!

I cant wait...Looking forward to it!!!

Hugs,

Connie

PS. I will post pics of the premiere night here, I am sure some 501st will be there in costume. Now that I can post pics thanks to the wonderful Val, thank you again!!!

11. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Thank you very much for the birthday wishes! :)

As for FanBoys, my wife and I will be seeing it on the 18th as well, but I'm not sure either if there will be a midnight showing for the film. I checked a few theater listings on MovieTickets.com, but they currently do not have any listings for any films that far in advance yet. So we'll just have to wait and see as the 18th draws closer.

I agree - a midnight showing would be pretty cool. You never can have too many SW midnight premiers, right? ;)

- Justin

12. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Still no word for us either Justin. We hope there is a midnight showing, but not putting any money on it. I am curious though, if it will be as big of a draw as the Star Wars movies, since it is a "Star Wars" movie...lol.

We are so dedicated to going that this is how nuts we are: The husband has surgery in the morning at 7:30 a.m. The surgery lasts 2 hours...so chances are we will not even get home until 1. We will come home and I will cook dinner and send the rugrats of to Grandma's House. Then we will be going to the midnight show, if one exists. Pain is of no issue, I am sure they will give him some "happy" pills. We both agree that no surgery will slow us down, we are CRAZY...lol.

Once you have kids and no life, these small things mean the world to ya. So, this small thing is our happiness, so damn the pain...lol.

ANYONE WITH ME???

Hugs,

Connie

13. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I admire your dedication! Heck, it's what I'd do. I went to a John Williams concert a couple days after my gallbladder surgery -- still had the shunt in me and everything LOL (I know, I know TMI). But it was John Williams -- and the place (Hollywood Bowl) was filled with lightsabers! I knew I had to go.

14. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    While I'd love to attend it, I doubt there will be a midnight showing for FanBoys. Movies that have that "cult" status applied to them (Clerks, Mall Rats, etc) only appeal to a select group of people (myself included). So I don't think there will be a midnight showing, as FanBoys cannot be considered a big ticket film worthy of such early exposure (but I surely hope I am wrong in this assessment).

As for C5, we can all probably assume that it will indeed be held in LA again, which really doesn't bother me all that much. I just hope fans who could not attend CIV due to the cost associated with the trip will start saving early (preferably now) for C5 so they can make it in 2009 if it is held then. Start your C5 fund now, and its amazing how small amounts saved each month over a long period of time quickly add up. My wife and I basically started our C5 fund the week we returned back from CIV.

Maintain that saving discipline for the next 12-18 months, and you'll easily have a nice nest egg to apply towards the trip. Every little bit counts.

- Justin

15. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hi Everyone...

Countdown to Fanboys...4 more days. Still have not heard anything about a midnight showing, I should know something by tonight. I will be logging in while at Grad School tonight to see if they plan a night showing here in my area. I wonder if any 501st will show up in costume. I mean I know it is not a typical Star Wars movie, but would be nice to see some Stormtroopers walking around...lol. I miss not having the excitement of a new Celebrations. I sure hope an annoucement is made very soon, I so wanna get the planning started.

I hope everyone is great. Talk to ya soon!!!

Hugs,
    Connie

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Don't think they're doing anything around here, either (Midnight showing).

We're all celebrating our Chargers victory. That's the main topic of conversation in these parts :).

Anybody get a copy of Steve S.'s new book for Christmas? Several pictures from Celebration(s), and other pictures of friends of mine -- some in costume, though, but they're in there.

17. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    What new book are you referring to, Helen? I didn't know Steve Sansweet released another book after The Star Wars Vault.

- Justin

18. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yeah, that's the one I mean. Pictures of people I know in the Celebration photos and in the line up photos. Also friends in the Rose Bowl pictures.

19. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    OK, gotcha. :)

The Vault is a must-have for any and all SW fans. It simply cannot be missed.

- Justin

20. Amidala081499

Sep 13, 2003
    Hi Everyone...

Well, got home from my surgery today, Shane still has his on friday. I was doing pretty good until I logged onto theforce.net only to find that Fanboys has been, yet again, pushed back. <sniff> <sniff>

I was so excited and hyped, as most of you know...and now it looks like I will not get that date night out with the husband on friday. <sniff> <sniff> Oh well, now that Fanboys has been pushed back a very nice C5 announcement would be awesome....<hint> <hint>

I will go back to my salking now.....

Hugs,
    Connie

21. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I hope your husband is feeling OK, Connie!

22. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    Yeah I was pretty bummed out about the FanBoys release delay as well. We had our hearts set on seeing it this weekend, especially since Dianna's (my wife) birthday is January 19th. Would have been cool to celebrate her birthday with a SW-theme movie event.

Oh well - at least we still have Cloverfield to go see this weekend.

And I second Helen's "Get Well" wishes to you, Connie.

- Justin

23. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Hi Everyone! I fell off the face of the planet for awhile (work, school, play - no really, a real community theater play that I act in...) but I am back and hope to start posting on SW related boards again soon. :)

24. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Oh my God! My profile says I am 40! Yikes! Yes, I hit the big 4-0 recently! (Sorry for the multiple posts!)

25. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    LOL - well happy belated birthday to you Lufta! :)

Now your midichlorian count is even higher!

- Justin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.