main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Updated title to say there's info here about John Alvin

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by ValedaKor, Dec 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hey Everyone...

BE sure to check out the Dr. Phil Show tomorrow. There is a huge Star Wars fan on the show and his wife is complaining about his Star Wars clutter...Gotta see this...lol.

Hugs,
    Connie

2. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    Thought I'd share some pics of the SW Celebration scrapbook that I recently completed. It contains articles & goodies from all 5 Celebrations, and it currently is large enough to almost fill up two 2" storage binders.

Here's the Photobucket album link: http://s164.photobucket.com/albums/u31/jlasalata/SW%20Celebration%20Articles/

Thanks!

- Justin

3. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006

Sorry I missed it... would have been funny to see. Speaking of collectables, I FINALLY got my hands on one of those Adam Hughes Leia prints. I've wanted this thing since last May and my girlfriend bought it for me as a early Valentines Day gift. It's so nice. I can't wait to have it professionally framed. I think it's got to be the single best piece of Star Wars art I've ever seen.

4. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    Hi Everyone...

I am sooooo depressed that John Alvin passed away. I had to just get it off my chest to people who care.

Anyone who wants to share in this upsetting news, just post a final farewell!!!

Hugs,
    Connie

May the Force be with John as he passes into the light...1948-2008...RIP!!

5. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I too, was very sorry when I heard this news. Those of us who were at C-IV know his work well. My condolences go out to his family.

This is a link to his official site, where many of the SW artists and others are posting messages of remembrance. His fans are encouraged to do so, to:

John Alvin

6. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The loss of John Alvin was pretty devastating to the entire SW community. I'm glad to see that my letter that I sent to his family is posted on the website.

I encourage all fans of his work to send their condolences to the Alvin family.

- Justin

7. JediJustin

Aug 17, 2006
    The Clone Wars series is now official!!!

The theatrical release will be August 15th!!!

http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars/news/announcement.html

Get in line now!!

- Justin

8. Lufta Shif

Lufta Shif Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2000
    Thank the Maker! :D

Indy in May, Star Wars Weekends at DisneyWorld in June, Star Wars in theaters in August! How cool is that! [face_dancing]

Now if only we had a Celebration this year to all gather for...8-}

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.