main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA UPDATED!! Toys For Tots event at Toys R Us! December 3rd

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    I have to say this it looking like a great turn out for this event. But! What type of PR have we done?
    Just a little concern that the public may not know why we are there. So, excuse me if this is taking care of but did we contact TRU so they will have something posted? Maybe the news or radio station to get some public interest? Just, wanted to bring our this issue before our event.
    Thanks
    Rob AKA Crazy Vader

2. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    rion; ive been looking all over for one of those blasters and i had to send to canada for one and you had one all the time you didnt want...AARGH!

3. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    i told you i had it lol you could have gotten you one from dland they have like 1000 of em

4. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004

Don, they sell them at Disneyland and you can call them and have them bring it to the front gate for you, for free.
    Or, I can pick one up tomorrow, just call me and let me know.

5. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    problem, I talked to the manger last night, and he said we'd have to limit this to 7 people. The problem is that property management doesn't want anybody outside of the store, so we are limited to a small space inside the store. Sorry to be finding this out so late, especially with so many of you taking time off from other things to make this event.
    I have no idea of a fair way to choose 7 people for this event, the best I can come up with is having only one of each type of costume there. (1 vader, 1 trooper, 1 Jedi etc.) If anybody else can think of a better of more fair way to pick people, I'm all ears. For now, if you are still interested and can be there in costume from 2-6, let me know here or via PM, what costumes you have, and I'll pick one persom for each type of costume.

6. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    well i can come in my Fleet Trooper but if someone else wants the spot they can have it

7. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    afterthough: maybe someone could see if there is another Toys R Us in the area we could go to? That way we could split our forces so to speak.

8. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Theres one in Mission Viejo.... right off I-5.... ;)

9. AniPadmeLurker

AniPadmeLurker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2004
    Well my spot is, for now, open because of work..(damn you disney).
    I can try to make a stop by before work...or if I get it switched etc..

10. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Although we can only have 7 people there in costume, anybody can stop by and donate to show there support. I think they are only doing cash donations this year. No giant bucket of toys.

11. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I don't think I'm going to be able to make this anyway. So you've got at least one spot open for a Jedi now :)

12. dini

dini Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    uhm... yeah there are more than 7 that want to go from the 501st and I don't know about the RL, you sure there isn't a way to allow some to stand outside and some inside? Besides if we have people outside we could get more exposire and get more people to go inside and donate.

13. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    well...perhaps thats just as well, i could only stay for a couple of hours anyway before i have to be at our churches progressive dinner. i was having trouble getting away, even for that, but if there are a limited number of spots, then someone else can do a jedi. maybe next time we can go in force.

14. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Okay, got it sorted out, the first post has been updated, but here it is again:

7 people will go to Tustin, right now those spots are filled with:
    1)Vader
    2)Trooper
    3)Trooper
    4)Mandolorian
    5)?
    6)?
    7)?

Everyone else, will go to the Toys R Us in Mission Viejo to ask people to donate there. So far the people going to Mission Viejo are (listed alphebetically):
    Dini

So know anyone can go, just let me know if you are going, and which store you want to go to, and I will update the first post to let everyone know who is where. We need some good guys for Tustin. Thank you for your support. oh yeah, could someone contact the Rebel Legion and notify them of the change?
    Perhaps we can all meet somewhere near arferwards for dinner?

---mishief managed

15. dini

Aug 25, 2005
    R2 Mike has said he will be at Tustin with R2.

16. LizardJedi

Sep 29, 2005
    I think it may be obvious which one I would like to attend... Oh yeah, I'm a Jedi by the way. I know, so original.

Did you make contact with them James? I apparently go over there at the wrong times, and I have not talked to anyone yet...

17. dini

Aug 25, 2005
    Scratch the message that was here.

18. BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON

BLACK-LIST-SQUADRON Jedi Youngling

Nov 16, 2005
    It sounds like the coordinating has kinda gone down the tubes here.

First the not telling us how many people they want. And second limiting people to a small space inside the sotre?

Were these topics discussed with the T-R-U people from the very begining? Doesn't sound like it. YOUCH.

Now with hearing that Mission Veijo store won't let people INSIDE? And what's this about no toys just money?

Sounds a little shady and shaky.

Good luck to everyone doing this event(s). May the force be with you.

19. dini

Aug 25, 2005
    I think we should cancel Mission Viejo, we don't seem to have enough people for Tustin let alone two locations.

20. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Hello all,
    I was at R2 Mike's house last night and he did confirm Tustin. I can go both ways, Vader in mission or Jedi Knight in Tustin.
    So, please post you which you folks prefer. If you like James you can take Vader to mission and be him with Val next to you and I'll go Jedi in Tustin.
    Any we are still on for In and out at 7:00 in tustin to all meet up.
    So, We should ad Mike to the Tustin location in number of members.

Oh! PR! PR!
    With permission of the Chancellor I will contact some radio stations to give our effort a plug. Please reply or call me ASAP.

21. LizardJedi

Sep 29, 2005
    Rob, if you really want In N' Out, there is one 2 exits away from the Mission TRU ;);)

22. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Like every good Californian I know where they are all at and what freeway to take:D
    But we agreed to go to In & Out afterwards.

23. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    so im on the Tustin List right? for Rebel trooper?

24. massoh2

massoh2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    I just got my 2nd lightsaber, so count me in as a Jedi to Tustin, but I'm not sure how long I will stay. A great idea would be to take turns. People could take over for others since I'm sure not all of us will stay for 4 hours at Toys R Us for donations.

25. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    Just a quick recap,
    Tustin inside event
    (1)R2-Mike
    (2)Rion
    (3)Dini
    (4)One Jedi
    (5)One Royal guard/Jedi/Vader
    (6)Vader(Andrew stated that he is not coming but we are still waiting to hear.
    (7)open

Mission
    Outside event
    (1)Jedi
    (2)Open
    (3)Open
    (4)Open
    (5)Open
    (6)Open
    (7)Open

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.