main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA UPDATED!! Toys For Tots event at Toys R Us! December 3rd

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by crazybirdman, Nov 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    Don't tell me how to run events, I know what I'm doing. I aske the manager about all of this over a month ago, then when I called last week, he told me all the (bad) news. Then I try to make it so everyone that wanted to can still go, just to a different store (which is like 5 minites away) I still get yelled at? Let's not forget the friggin end goal here, it's not about costuming, it's not about hanging out together, it's about raising money so that kids that normally would get nothing this year, will have a gift under their tree, if they are lucky enough to even have a tree.
    No good deed goes unpunished I guess.

2. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    We will swing by Tustin for a few minutes to say hi and to buy a girl toy and a boy toy to donate. Wont be costuming though, just for donation. In and out does sound yummy though.

3. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    Looking forward to this day. I understand you pain James. Been there, Done than.
    Anyway lets get back on our mission.
    Back up "Vader in the box" *Check!*
    Jedi "In a bag" *Check!*
    Royal Guard "On a hanger" "Check!"
    One Rob ready to go and have fun.....Priceless:D
    See all of you there!
    Aaron get ready for a saber fight!!!

4. massoh2

massoh2 Jedi Youngling

Nov 12, 2005
    Im one of the Jedi right? Oh and try to list the times when people might come, so we can have turns.

5. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    James, please let us know who is officially in for what spot in Tustin.

Also, everybody who is getting mad at James needs to chill. He heard one thing from the place and then had it changed on him. James is not shady and has acted with nothing but honor in this endevour. So Chill and let him tell us what is going on. Anybody who knows him knows that all he wants is for everyone to be happy.

6. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001

My emphasis added. I'd bet anything that the store manager of TRU didn't bother asking the property management until a week before the event. So everyone needs to listen to Aaron. Just chill. These things happen and there's not much the event coordinator can do except roll with it.

7. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I'm sorry, I wanted to help out, but by the time I found my schedule clear, the spots for Tustin are already filled and Mission Viejo is not possible as far as transportation. I hope your event is a great success and everyone has fun.

8. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    Thanks guys. :) Here's the latest list of people going.

1)Vader - Rob
    2)Trooper - Dini
    3)
    4)R2 Mike
    5)Jedi Aaron
    6)Jedi massoh 2
    7)Fleet Trooper Rion

So we still have a spot open. I don't think we will do Mission Viejo at all since we won't have any support from the 501st. So there is still a spot or two in Tustin. (I'm not counting Mike as he's technically a droid.)

9. dustinbrewer

dustinbrewer Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 8, 2002
    Dont forget folks, even if you cant make it down to costume or there is no spots left, you can still swing by a TRU and donate a toy to Toys for Tots, a very worthy cause :D

10. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Exactly, I will be there taking pictures and being any troopers "go grab this" girl.

Jen, we still have room for another person if you would like to join us in your jedi outfit

11. dini

dini Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    And don't forget if we have extra people we can rotate in and out of costume. Those not in costume can help out or pretend to be uh customers and then get back into costume later.

12. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I'll probably stop by later on if you guys are still there. I have an air-to-air photo session at the POF Museum at 1pm, so I'll be rather late. Probably won't be till after 5pm I get there.

13. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I would love to. I'll be there and in my Jedi clothes.

14. TK-229

TK-229 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005

Very interesting assumtion since I don't recall ever posting that I would not attend. And I recall there being other members that havent declined as well. [face_shame_on_you]

I still plan on attending! I don't know what happened or for what reasons. But the event has just changed a bit, it hasn't been cancelled.

My plan is to go and see how the event is going. I'll have my equipment with me. If it comes to be that a need for me to get geared up then I'm gearing up, simple as that. But to assume that I'm not going just seems a bit rude.

If it come to be that a TK is not needed, well then I'll still be there to assist, shop, take pics, talk with old friends, make new friends, whatever. For those that are going, i look forward to spending time with you.

15. dini

dini Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 25, 2005
    You'll have to take that up with me then 229, James didn't cancel the 501st support I did. I know not everyone declined but I had enough people yelling at me about it that I cancelled the 501st support and extended an invitation to those who still wanted to go unofficially.

16. Jedi_Knight_1022

Jedi_Knight_1022 Jedi Youngling

Nov 13, 2005
    i will make it too. im not a costume member but i can help out if that ok. is it best if i go to mission viejo?

17. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004

Nice to know we'll have someone there to take pictures. Thanks Val!!

Thank you Brett! It's nice to be trooping with the "Best of the Best" of the 501st.[face_dancing]

I am sure your TK armor will be used.[:D]

18. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    I won't be going, since I have to work till 3:30 on Sat. [face_plain]

19. crazybirdman

Feb 24, 2003
    THanks to everybody who will be showing thier support for this event. We porobably wont be doing anything at Mission Viejo. So just go to Tustin.

20. TK-229

TK-229 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    also on a curious side note:

I have a few calls and emails into my corporate office regarding the policies and procedures when a group wants to arrange a charity event on our properties.

You see, I work for The Irvine Company. We just so happen to be the owner and manager of the Tustin Marketplace. (not to mention just about um heh everything in Irvine lol)

I have begun taking steps to get the official information as to how groups can go about getting permission from us, (The Irvine Company) to have events without any conflic or confusion. I am doing this in hopes that I can gain insite as to how we can make these type of event go as smooth as possible.

21. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    To give the break down on what I know about events at the Market place.
    It seems that a retail company owns the Market place event thought Irvine owns the land. If a booth or event is to take place they need to summit a permit application to the management of the Market place. Once it is approved then the event can go on without a hitch. Now, there is a element of time. How long will this process take? About three to four weeks. Mean while they still can say no go. The security will be the ones to enforce close down the event without the proper permit. The fact that we cannot be outside would make me believe that the manager did not take these steps. This is what I learned when we did the mid-night madness of he toy release.
    Just my two cents.

Anyway, its great to have you their Brett

22. TK-229

TK-229 Jedi Youngling

Dec 1, 2005
    Yeah the retail company is ours. We have several divisions. Residential, Retail, Commercial/Office, University, Wetlands, Development,etc. basically nothing goes on in Irvine without it going through our Corporate office and Mr. Bren himself. Heck he even mandated that the parking stripes throughout the city be changed to green cause he didn't like flying overhead and seeing all the white striped parking areas. lol

Also were not limited to Irvine, we have assets all through the OC, as well as San Diego, Los Angeles, and Silicon Valley.

I have started getting info so I have gotten the ball rolling heh. Its really more for my education really although I'm sure i'll post something eventually heh.

23. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    :oops::eek::rolleyes:

24. Robeewankenobe

Feb 29, 2004
    [face_dancing] Wow! So he could say. "All troopers are welcome anywhere at anytime in Irvine. So, we could troop when we like!

25. TheCrowbar

TheCrowbar Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 15, 2005
    Thank you 229, it's insiders like you that help make our events run smoothly, so hopefully the manager at TRU won't be getting into trouble and we can help society. This is going to be a great event, CBM and I are really looking forward to it and thank you in advance for all the people taking time out of their busy holiday weekends to show up and help :D

Remember In N Out afterwards (because there's nothing like a double-double and fries to quench a trooper appetite)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.