main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx **UPDATED ** Wizards and Muggles Apply Within

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Kirana_T, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kirana_T

Kirana_T Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2002
    Well, since the Cine Capri event has been postponed a week, how about a Potter Party ( :D), celebrating the release of Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix?

Borders is having a midnight release party the night of June 20/21. Should be fun.

Anyone else interested? :)

2. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    I definitely want to be in on this. Harry Potter returns at last! About time, too. Amazon.com has finally posted a "back cover" blurb, given hints at what we can expect.

3. Kev-Mas_Colcha

Kev-Mas_Colcha Force Ghost star 5

Dec 15, 2002
    YEA! Count me in. I'm bound to be there.

4. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Go here for other Phoenix area Potter fans planning to meet. :D

5. Princess_Skywalker_

Princess_Skywalker_ Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2002
    OMG I AM SOOOO JEALOUS!!! I want to come to the Harry Potter party!!! DARNNNNNNN! :mad:

I am going to Barnes & Noble at midnite here...I was going to go in my pjs like everyone else does but I may wear my Slytherin robe instead.

6. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    Wear the robes. :D :p

7. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    I know we need to keep this PG so I'm going to be vague...But I had to ask if anyone saw the hilarious show on MTV this week...

Did anyone see the latest Urban Myth Movie Awards Show this week??
    In honor of the MTV Movie Awards, the Urban Myth show had a bunch of movie related myths.

There was one on the Harry Potter Nimbus 2000 toy broom that Hasbro sold. This happens to be the one that I found on ebay for my costume. I thought they were no longer selling it because it was something just out for the first movie....apparently that isn't the entire story.

Amazon.com has parent comments on the broom on its site and this story went over a rumor about it. Let's just say that this broom makes noises and has movement to it and they aren't really that appropriate for kids in some parents eyes.

Kirana please tell me you or Jupiter saw this! :p As die hard Harry Potter fans you have to see this story. It was hilarious.

8. sideshow212

sideshow212 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: [face_laugh] thats funny!

thanks for keeping it PG... :p

9. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I'd seen that, it was hilarious... I remember a comment about how even the teenage daughter loved to play with her little siblings toys...

10. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    I didn't see the MTV show, but I have heard about that broom. :p

That's the broom you bought?! Oh, my... [face_laugh]

11. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    Ok first I will start by saying I did NOT know that when I bought it. It was in a set on ebay being sold by a mom who said these items were bought originially for her kid.
    I saw it was as life sized as I was going to find and I HAD to have it for my costume. :)

That being said...If you'll please excuse me, I have to go inspect my broom to make sure it is in working order.

lol j/k everyone.... :p ;)

12. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    I'd love to but I don't have the costume :( And Muggle-camo just isn't as cool as it sounds :)

13. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    That's not a big deal Void, I am most likely going as a muggle.

14. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    You know you want to come, Void. :D

*Aveda Kadavra at OPPM*

15. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Maybe I can come as Gilderoy! Tee Hee!

16. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
    i'd seen that thing on amazon, and i have an mp3 of some british guy (who sounds really hot, i think, but that's besides the point) talking to the toy company customer service about how his teenage daughter was... you know. i'm pretty sure it was a prank call on the toy company.

anyway, i will so be at the party! :D in my slytherin garb. that is, if the robes are done. :) i may even have my wand by then if i ever remember to order it.

how about we get a bunch of those potter party goodies? like the hats and stuff? i've always wanted an excuse to get them. :D

17. Kirana_T

May 28, 2002
    LP, get crackin' in a Gilderoy costume. That would rule. :D

Your new robe will be done, Jess. I promise. I just need to sit down and finish it. I am so not in the mood to sew lately, but I will just have to make myself. :D

And that is a big, giant yes on the party supplies. Lets go all-out on the nerdiness. :D :p

18. jupitertronic

jupitertronic Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2002
  19. EmprsHandMick

EmprsHandMick Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    I may or may not be involved in this one since I'm moving on the 21st....

20. Admiral_Palpetine

Admiral_Palpetine Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 2, 2003
    You can most likely count me in! I would love that! I cant wait till it comes out!

21. Princess_Skywalker_

Nov 5, 2002
    You don't need an excuse to get the cool party supplies! :p I had a Harry Potter B-day party last year. It was like being a kid all over again. I'm going to do a theme each time I have a b-day party now. Course I never get around to having one each year, but I figure this gives me incentive to. :p
    Go to Party Depot or Party Wherehouse if they have them over there. They still were carrying Harry Potter stuff pretty recently and they have the coolest tall purple party hats that kinda look like the ones at the end of the movie. I got those and took some funny dorky pictures of my friends and I in the them at my party. They turned out pretty funny.

22. LORDPARSEC

LORDPARSEC Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    YAY! Just 3 more days! Sorry, no costume. But I have a Quiditch Jersey...! I'll wear that and maybe my cloak! :D Now, we're all going to the Borders at Alma School and the 60 Freeway right? Confirmation anyone??? :D

23. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    IM in, so is my gf. Half sith/half Wizard...always ready for a midnight release thingy..thats me. Ask LP..he and I went to Walmart at midnight to get Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on DVD opening night.

24. Duguay

Nov 30, 2002
    Ah, I thought it was about time this thread showed itself again. After all, there are reports in the news, and the Foxtrot comic revolves around it (a comic after my own heart). Incidentally, I just saw a report on a news station that a large amount of copies of The Order of the Phoenix were stolen (as long as they are not the ones being shipped to Borders on Alma School...).

As far as I know, I'm pretty sure it they said at the meeting that we're going to the Borders on Alma School and Southern. But I have been known to be wrong on occasion. :)

25. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
    went to media play & reserved my copy today...comes out sat. night tho...and I'll be in denver...blargh...costuming or potter? which to do?! I'm going to go insane! *sigh* I'll have to wait till sunday or monday...I dunno if I can do it...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.