main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends - !! UPDATED !! -

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    This story is completely inappropriate for the boards. It exceeds the PG rating. I have removed both story sections, but I will allow the feedback to remain (provided excerpts from your story are not quoted in the replies). I have saved your story on my hard drive ? it will remain there for a few days in case you don?t have a second copy of your work.

As it stands, this story does not accord to the guidelines in place at JC. Consider this a warning not to post any more stories of this nature. Next time, you will receive a ban. The only reason I have not banned you now is because I didn't catch this story earlier (yes, I do patrol this forum, but I am only human). I suggest you read the Fan Fiction FAQ before posting a story here again.

If you have any questions, contact me.

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    :eek:

Not your usual kind of fic my friend, but what it lacks in expectancy it makes up in quality.

*applause*

That was greatly done.

3. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Oh boy, was that a different fic! I doubt Toronto will be making a comment in here! LOL!!!

(Can't Mara get arrested for that? :eek: )

4. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Not if Star Wars is anything like Britain (where Thrawn and I are from)

5. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Spike: Not your usual kind of fic my friend, but what it lacks in expectancy it makes up in quality.

I figured there'd be enough expectancy in the timeframe after the end of the 'fic... about nine months' worth of it, in fact [face_mischief]

*applause*

That was greatly done.

[face_blush]

GreatOne: Oh boy, was that a different fic! I doubt Toronto will be making a comment in here! LOL!!!

Toronto? ?[face_plain]

(Can't Mara get arrested for that? :eek:)

Technically, yes. But she covers her tracks well, that girl - and in the unlikely event they caught her out (right now, it's a little secret, known only to her, Anakin, Luke's subconscious, and Hiram Drayson's monitoring systems) the arresting officers would most likely fall for the old Jedi mind trick... [face_mischief]

Spike: Not if Star Wars is anything like Britain (where Thrawn and I are from)

Speak for yourself, Englishman! :p

- The Imperial Ewok

6. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    wow. :eek: oh my! Mara and anakin... :eek: oh my...

well it was written beautifully and I loved the style, but mara and anakin...(LOL, i'm going crazy)

7. Jags_Scoundrel

Jags_Scoundrel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2003
    [face_shocked]

Okay. (Sorry, just took me a minute to get over the shock and squirm factor.)

Wow. What can I say? You've skillfully taken a seemingly preposterous idea and made it believable. (Still pretty high on the "Eww" factor, but believable. ;))

8. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    tenelfan: well it was written beautifully and I loved the style, but mara and anakin...(LOL, i'm going crazy)

Thanks! That's the reaction I was looking for... [face_mischief] :D

Scoundrel: :eek:

Okay. (Sorry, just took me a minute to get over the shock and squirm factor.)

I don't blame you... :p :D

Wow. What can I say? You've skillfully taken a seemingly preposterous idea and made it believable. (Still pretty high on the "Eww" factor, but believable. ;))

Thank you... that was pretty much what I was aiming for, what I was trying to show as (disturbingly) possible...

The sensation of looking at the joke, realising that the idea could make sense in itself, and then, slowly, seeing how it would made a new sort of sense of the whole rest of the NJO around it, was very strange...

A high blood-alcohol level, adrenalin and too little sleep were definately involved, too... I assume it is just me that thinks that this somehow makes the rest of the NJO work better... ?[face_plain]

[face_laugh]

- The Imperial Ewok

9. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    [face_shocked] I knew it!!! Luke you are such a loser :p

10. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Speak for yourself, Englishman!

You're the Scottish guy who lives in England, it kinda counts ;)

11. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    :eek: [face_laugh] Thanks for giving me my laugh today. I must that was very intresting. Anakin's sex was worst than Luke's. Holy [edited]! no way!! Thanks again ;)

Solo

12. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    :eek: :p I'm shocked lool

[edited]

[face_laugh]

13. Tahiri-Solo

Tahiri-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 21, 2001
    LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

She thought of Anakin. The worst sex she?d had in years. [face_laugh]

usually i find fics with anakin with someone other than Tahiri deplorable, but youre was very well done, hehehehe [face_mischief]

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    [face_laugh]

I was laughing before I read this thrawn, cos I knew what you were up too! [face_laugh]

Hey, i got here before this gets locked :D

[edited]

:cool:

[edited]

[face_laugh] you sick [edited]!

This was hilarious, but also well written ;) It also makes sense that Anakin was the one to pass out while Mara was in labor in rebirth.... even though they were lightyears apart...

[edited]

hey, go easy on him :p Mara is really hot and Anakin doesn't know what he's doing. She's lucky it lasted 20 minutes [face_laugh]

15. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    :_| That was....interesting.

Thrawn! I didn't know you were really going to write something like this. Though the combination of Anakin /Mara disgusts me, (Almost as much as Tahiri/Jacen) It was very well written. And it made me laugh at its absurdity. :)

16. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Chimpo_the_Sith: :eek: I knew it!!! Luke you are such a loser :p

Thank you, Poland! :D

Spike: You're the Scottish guy who lives in England, it kinda counts ;)

Feh. You're going to do unpleasant things to us on Saturday. I'm just getting my revenge in early...

TahiriVeilaSolo69: :eek: [face_laugh] Thanks for giving me my laugh today. I must that was very intresting. Anakin's sex was worst than Luke's. Holy [edited]! no way!! Thanks again ;)

:D

LaYa_: :eek: :p I'm shocked lool

Thank you, Portugal! :D

[I admit I was kinda dreading crazy teenagers ignoring the warning on this 'fic. Thankfully, so far, most of them have been crazy teenagers from mainland European countries beginning with "P", which is something of a relief...]

Tahiri-Solo: usually i find fics with anakin with someone other than Tahiri deplorable, but youre was very well done, hehehehe

[face_blush]

YK: I was laughing before I read this thrawn, cos I knew what you were up too! [face_laugh]

You had an idea there was a 'fic in the offing?! ?[face_plain] :eek:

Hey, i got here before this gets locked :D

Grr.

But hey... all that did was force us to broaden the parameters of the absurdity... last I checked, I think someone had just added a new Yun to the Yuuzhan Vong cosmology, as well...

[face_laugh] you sick [edited]!

[face_blush]

Hey! I resemble that remark!

This was hilarious, but also well written ;) It also makes sense that Anakin was the one to pass out while Mara was in labor in rebirth.... even though they were lightyears apart...

Aye. Because, if you think about it, that doesn't actually make any sort of sense without this, does it...? [face_mischief]

[Mwahahahaha!]

:p

hey, go easy on him :p Mara is really hot and Anakin doesn't know what he's doing.

All true...

She's lucky it lasted 20 minutes [face_laugh]

... but that's the reason it took twenty minutes... [face_mischief]

_JoD_: :_| That was....interesting.

Yub-yub! [face_mischief] :D

Thrawn! I didn't know you were really going to write something like this.

Feeling left out because you didn't nudge me into it...? ;) :p

Though the combination of Anakin /Mara disgusts me,

Sorry... that's kinda strong language from you... is it that bad, really?

(Almost as much as Tahiri/Jacen)

And Tahiri/Gry? [face_mischief]

[ducks thrown crockery]

It was very well written. And it made me laugh at its absurdity. :)

Thank you! :D [face_blush]

But is 'absurd' the same thing as 'impossible'? [face_mischief]

- The Imperial Ewok

17. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    I'll have to admit, that was very well written. [face_laugh] Maybe we should pester Charlemagne19 for that Luke/Gaeriel = Malinza Skywalker fic. I could even do one pairing Mara and Lan-

*Is killed by angry mob of Mara fangirls*

18. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    [face_laugh]

If this fic is locked I'll start a petition to get it unlocked!

19. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Hmmm...I don't agree with you here. This was totally out of character for Mara. She would never, ever betray Luke like that...

20. Spike2002

Feb 4, 2002
    Aww, but that was part of the fun.

And you never know ;)

21. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Benjor45: *Is killed by angry mob of Mara fangirls*

Is this some sort of catchphrase?! ?[face_plain] ;) :D

Spike: If this fic is locked I'll start a petition to get it unlocked!

They wouldn't?! Not when I'm starting to get an itch to turn it into a series! :eek: [face_laugh]

EmilieDarklighter: Hmmm...I don't agree with you here. This was totally out of character for Mara. She would never, ever betray Luke like that...

An admirable sentiment, to be sure...

... and I can see why you'd take that POV...

[President of the Skywalker-Jade Revival Society
    Tierae', Handmaiden of the Crest and poster child of the non-pervy
    ]

No hard feelings, though? At base, what I'm trying to say is...

Spike: Aww, but that was part of the fun.

... there are some times when it's in-character to act out-of-character...

And you never know ;)

Those who wish to continue believing that Ben is written as being Luke's son can do so, yes.

Right now - I don't. In all sombre, sober seriousness, I can't go back to that POV. I've read too much in. Some of it, at least, is starting to look worryingly as though it's written in...

Does Tyers have the skill to do that? Keyes? Stackpole? Yeah, I think they do...

Could it all be some sort of truly bizarre coincidence, seen from a POV influenced by alcohol, overanalysis and lack of sleep. Well, yeah. That too But it still makes sense of a lot of stuff... more sense than the 'straight' reading, IMHO... makes the characters a lot more real...

And that scares me.

[worried Ewok frown] ?[face_plain]

And before anyone says 'soap opera' - Greek tragedy.

Hmm. I need to think about that one some. Because it fits neatly with the Campbellian parameters that I think back the reading-against-the-text up so well...

[face_laugh]

But... I mean, regardless of his paternity - for a fictional character, the Skycrawler is just... cute! :D

- The Imperial Ewok

22. _Jedi_of_Destiny_

_Jedi_of_Destiny_ Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2003
    Feeling left out because you didn't nudge me into it...?

No! I would never even think of nudging you into something like this!

Sorry... that's kinda strong language from you... is it that bad, really?

It's just tough to get used to.

And Tahiri/Gry?

No!!!!!

Thank you!

But is 'absurd' the same thing as 'impossible'?

In my dictionary, yes. :p

23. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I've read your thread in the lit forum detailing the theory, Thrawn McEwok. I'm still trying to fathom how you came to that conclusion, but then again I'm still trying to figure out how long a Super Star Destroyer is...and why there necessarily 'has' to be one named ISS Super...but I digress.

This was wonderfully written, I'll say that. You have a good talent with words that reflects your station at Oxford. Still, I totally disagree with your stance that Anakin is really Ben Skywalker's father. I know you won't budge, so I won't argue the point. That would be rude. I still find it mildly disgusting, though. I also must note that I laughed out loud, proving how disgusting I am...it'd be weird if you were right, eh?

24. alpha_red

alpha_red Jedi Youngling star 5

Aug 24, 2003
    *knocks own head against sharp objects*

Get it out get it out! :p

No, really. It was very well-written. Maybe you should try some more unorthodox pairings in the future.

Let's see...

How about Jaina with Kyp AND Zekk?
    Or maybe a Jaina/Tahiri/Tenel Ka/Danni?

Or do they allow that here?

25. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    RK_Striker_JK_5: I've read your thread in the lit forum detailing the theory, Thrawn McEwok. I'm still trying to fathom how you came to that conclusion,

Actually, the basic idea came preconcieved, inasmuch as Mara/Anakin had been kicking around for a while as a throwaway gag. Then it just caught hold in the context of Ben, and niggled. Realsing that it could work owed something to too much alcoholol, too little sleep, and stuff that was rattling around in my brain at the time....

Thinking that maybe the NJO made better sense by supposing it, and that just maybe there was the slightest outside chance that it had been written in deliberately - that was the bit that caught me by surprise....

but then again I'm still trying to figure out how long a Super Star Destroyer is... and why there necessarily 'has' to be one named ISS Super...but I digress.

It all depends on how you chose to interpret stuff, really...

This was wonderfully written, I'll say that. You have a good talent with words that reflects your station at Oxford. Still, I totally disagree with your stance that Anakin is really Ben Skywalker's father. I know you won't budge, so I won't argue the point. That would be rude.

[face_blush] Thanks for such a careful, considered reply!

Actually, I'd be interested if someone could find something in the novels that would require a truly absurd retconn so as not to rule it out...

I still find it mildly disgusting, though. I also must note that I laughed out loud, proving how disgusting I am...

"You've just taken your first step into a wider world..."

it'd be weird if you were right, eh?

And if I'm not, we're left with a whole series of questions - to begin with, exactly what was Mara reminiscing about in that moment in Balance Point...?

The really bad news is, I'm getting plot hoojibs for a 'fic... [face_laugh]

alpha_red: No, really. It was very well-written.

[face_blush]

Maybe you should try some more unorthodox pairings in the future.

Let's see...

How about Jaina with Kyp AND Zekk?
    Or maybe a Jaina/Tahiri/Tenel Ka/Danni?

Or do they allow that here?

I've seen Jaina/Lowie implied in passing, mostly as a gag... hardly much worse than that... except for the Kyp/Jaina stuff... ;) :p

- The Imperial Ewok

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.