main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends - !! UPDATED !! -

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Thrawn McEwok, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benjor45

Benjor45 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 25, 2003
    Is this some sort of catchphrase?!
    Got old pretty quick huh? :p

Sorry TMC, due to the nature of my last post I have to do this before I become estranged from the Mara fans here. ;)

Emmi, alpha_red, and any other Mara fans:

I also find this disgusting. :p But I'm able to have fun because it's so laughable. I've posted my defense about this on lit forum. Kathy Tyers would never do this with Luke and Mara fans. ;)

TMC is the master of reading between (and by the sides, under, above, on the top and over the top) the lines on lit. forum. I bet he has a lot of theories about Thrawn and Pellaeon. They're british... but this kind of stuff is not allowed here. [face_laugh]

2. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Benjor45: Got old pretty quick huh?

Nah... just repeat it a few more times...

Sorry TMC, due to the nature of my last post I have to do this before I become estranged from the Mara fans here. ;)

Emmi, alpha_red, and any other Mara fans:

I also find this disgusting. :p But I'm able to have fun because it's so laughable. I've posted my defense about this on lit forum. Kathy Tyers would never do this with Luke and Mara fans. ;)

I suspect that's true, yes...

It may be all that's actually keeping me sane...

TMC is the master of reading between (and by the sides, under, above, on the top and over the top) the lines on lit. forum.

[face_blush]

I bet he has a lot of theories about Thrawn and Pellaeon. They're british... but this kind of stuff is not allowed here. [face_laugh]

Yes - I have the shocking suspicion that Thrawn and Pellaeon aren't gay! :eek:

And the even more shocking suspicion that if they were, it would be irrelevant to the plot! :eek: :eek:

:p

- The Imperial Ewok

3. Benjor45

Aug 25, 2003
    And the even more shocking suspicion that if they were, it would be irrelevant to the plot!

Yes... and Anakin and Mara having a promiscuous afair and Ben being Anakin's son is very relevant to the plot... for you. :p

4. Benjor45

Aug 25, 2003
    Thrawn McEwok,

I have this sorry habit of posting lame humour posts and much afterwards worrying that they could have offended anyone. Even at one of my favorite fanfics here on BTS I did this.

Yesterday's post was a result of a too cheery mood after friday's happy hour coupled with the habitual need to conect after midnight to spare phone bills. My intention was not to offend, believe me.

I also find this disgusting. But I'm able to have fun because it's so laughable.
    Disgusting or 'eeew' were used in some other posts but certainly not in such a blunt manner. I'm sorry.

TMC is the master of reading between (and by the sides, under, above, on the top and over the top) the lines on lit. forum.
    Again, not meant as an insult. I would have posted only 'between the lines' but as an afterthought added the other descriptions in what I thought would be taken as a jocking tone. If this was taken as an offense, I'm sorry. BTW, I enjoy your teories, just not this one. Yes, arbitrary fan-boyism. :p

I bet he has a lot of theories about Thrawn and Pellaeon. They're british... but this kind of stuff is not allowed here.
    Again, an attempt to 'lighten up' the mood that could have backfired. I'm sorry if it did.

I'm always having a good time when posting on JCF. I'm not here to pick fights. Unless it concerns defending a certain fictional character. :p

'Disgusting' or 'eew' are not the right words to describe your fic. It's simply Anakin/Mara that I don't agree with. I still maintain that I think it very well writen.

Overall, I'm sorry if my post offended you.

5. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Thrawn, you have officially gone completely mad! [face_laugh]

*stops laughing*

Seriously, well done. If disgusting. 8-}

Am I even allowed to read this kind of stuff?! [face_shocked]

Or maybe a Jaina/Tahiri/Tenel Ka/Danni?

Get rid of the Tenel Ka part, and THAT would be something worth reading. :D

6. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Benjor45: Yes... and Anakin and Mara having a promiscuous afair and Ben being Anakin's son is very relevant to the plot... for you. :p

I can't see Thrawn's feelings for Pellaeon distracting him from conquering the NR... ;) :p

I have this sorry habit of posting lame humour posts and much afterwards worrying that they could have offended anyone. Even at one of my favorite fanfics here on BTS I did this.

Yesterday's post was a result of a too cheery mood after friday's happy hour coupled with the habitual need to conect after midnight to spare phone bills. My intention was not to offend, believe me.

Relax! No offence taken... :D

Disgusting or 'eeew' were used in some other posts but certainly not in such a blunt manner. I'm sorry.

That's okay...

[passing thought - alcohol can provoke similar reactions! :D]

Again, not meant as an insult. I would have posted only 'between the lines' but as an afterthought added the other descriptions in what I thought would be taken as a jocking tone. If this was taken as an offense, I'm sorry. BTW, I enjoy your teories, just not this one. Yes, arbitrary fan-boyism. :p

Stop apologizing! It wasn't taken as anything more than accurate (which it was)! Your concern is appreciated, but really - it's okay!

Again, an attempt to 'lighten up' the mood that could have backfired. I'm sorry if it did.

My response was supposed to be read in the spirit of the original comment... I guess that didn't work either, huh? [face_mischief]

I'm always having a good time when posting on JCF. I'm not here to pick fights. Unless it concerns defending a certain fictional character. :p

Which one?!

'Disgusting' or 'eew' are not the right words to describe your fic. It's simply Anakin/Mara that I don't agree with. I still maintain that I think it very well writen.

Are you offended by it, though? [face_laugh]

Seriously, though - this is the sort of reaction that I'd like to think I was aiming for... disgust, denial and general outrage, giving way slowly to something a little... different...

:D

Overall, I'm sorry if my post offended you.

Don't be - it didn't! ;)

Whitey: Thrawn, you have officially gone completely mad! [face_laugh]

[Mwahahahahahaha!]

*stops laughing*

No... no, it's fine! Carry on! :D [face_laugh]

Seriously, well done. If disgusting. :p

Thank you. [face_blush]

Am I even allowed to read this kind of stuff?! :eek:

I'm trying not to think about that. Seriously, though... you know what you feel comfortable with... [face_plain]

Or maybe a Jaina/Tahiri/Tenel Ka/Danni?

Get rid of the Tenel Ka part, and THAT would be something worth reading. :D

Okay. Now we know what you feel comfortable with. Admittedly, that doesn't make me feel entirely comfortable, but... hmm... I guess I wasn't exactly aiming for 'comfortable' with this 'fic, whatever else I was going for...

When was the last time anyone saw a Mod in this forum, anyway? ?[face_plain] :eek:

- The Imperial Ewok

7. Whitey

Whitey Jedi Master star 6

Jan 26, 2003
    Okay. Now we know what you feel comfortable with. Admittedly, that doesn't make me feel entirely comfortable, but... hmm... I guess I wasn't exactly aiming for 'comfortable' with this 'fic, whatever else I was going for...

[face_laugh]

8. Benjor45

Aug 25, 2003
    Are you offended by it, though?

Offended? Not really. As I said, the subject matter is laughable. ;) However, I can totaly understand if this fanfic is rotting the day for a lot of Mara fangirls here on BTS...

When was the last time anyone saw a Mod in this forum, anyway?
    I'm not surprised that this didn't get locked. There's a whole thread dedicated to Anti-Mara fanfics in one of the fic boards. *shrugs*

9. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Benjor45: Offended? Not really. As I said, the subject matter is laughable. ;) However, I can totaly understand if this fanfic is rotting the day for a lot of Mara fangirls here on BTS...

Sorry... Mara fangirls always seemed kinda robust to me... anyone who wants to express an opinion, get it off their chest... please do!

[don't bottle it up inside - if you're anything like Mara, you might end up taking it out in a compromising situation with your husband's teenage nephew... and that would be bad, right?]

:p ;)

I'm not surprised that this didn't get locked. There's a whole thread dedicated to Anti-Mara fanfics in one of the fic boards. *shrugs*

Whereaway!?

[I'm not anti-Mara, btw... quite the opposite... nor even anti-Mara/Luke... [face_mischief]]

- The Imperial Ewok

10. Thrawn McEwok

May 9, 2000
    Edited. See first post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.