main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Updates from Don

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Greetings all. At Zhi-Don's request, I am providing updates on his wife Lu and her surgery.
    She did have to have the full surgery but it was successful and she resting comfortably. They expect to have to stay in SD until near around tuesday. They appreciate everyone's support and well wishes.

2. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    please send Lu and Don the best wishes from the Morgenthaler family.

3. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Jos and I both send Don and Lu our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

4. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I am so glad to hear that Lu is all right and I will keep her in my prayers.

5. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    I talked to Don last night and Lu had a fever and will be kept down there longer. For all those that pray, it is appreciated.

6. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    I spoke with him earlier today. She is still running a fever and they are considering transferring her to ICU. They are going to see the surgeon this evening and the decision will be made then as I understand it.

7. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Gah, I didnt know anything about whats been goin on, smudge if you can pm me when you get some more news on this :(

8. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    More updates as of this morning:
    Lu is going in for a CAT scan and laproscopic exam sometime today or tomorrow. They plan to insert a drain to take off the pocket of fluid that is preventing her lung from re- expanding. They will then do a culture to determine where the fluid is coming from. There is also concern that it may be infected so she is on a powerful antibiotic. There is also some concern of an air bubble floating around as well.

Don plans to stay through Friday morning and then Renee and Robin will come down to relieve him. He will work a couple of 12 hour shifts and head back Sunday evening. He tentatively hopes to be at Sunday shinai, at least for a bit.

Don and Lu thank everyone for their continued support.

9. the_black_smudge

May 24, 2004
    Update from this morning. Lu went in for surgery again this morning at around 1 AM and out around 5 AM We don't have much data on it as yet but they expect to keep her in the hospital for around a week to 10 days.

10. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Here is the update for Friday.

Sad news. The Surgeon found that part of her rebuilt stomach had gangrene. This was removed. Her stomach will be reconstructed after she recovers from this this. She is in intensive care, sedated and interveniously fed. They will keep her that way until she has more strength and then she will go back into surgery again for the reconstuction.

Keep us in your prayers.

11. falcon_prime

falcon_prime Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 2, 2006
    Don,

Lisa and I keep you and Lu in our prayers...

Any thing you need... let me know.

12. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Phil....I will.

13. MALICE_MIZER

MALICE_MIZER Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Holy Geez, man...hope everything is ok. I take a mental inventory every day of all the things I am grateful for, my wife, my family, my home, etc...I don't know how prepared I would be if one of those things would be affected...with that said, I hope you stay strong, the both of you, my thoughts are with you in this time.

Also, Don, check your pms.

14. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    you and Lu are in mine as well Don

you can count on me for anything as well just let me know if you need anything!

15. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Anthony and Rion....for everything. I will keep you all posted.

16. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    You are both in my thoughts an prayers as well.

I don't know what I can do to help, because of my crazy hours, but you know where I live, if you need anything.

17. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    That's a given. Thanks for your support. It really helps in times like these.

18. LizardJedi

LizardJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2005
    Wow, this kind of sucks, man. I hope everything works out for the both of you! Will def. be thinking of you two.

19. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    You're both in our prayers Don. Keep strong and faithful and everything will be alright.

20. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    :( [:D]

You both are in my thoughts, Don.

21. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Nothing new to report at this time.

She had a echocardiagram [sp?] but I have not received the results.

If anyone knows how I can get life insurance for her, just in case, let me know. It's probably impossible since she is in ICU and hospitalized, but she didn't get any insurance after she lost her job 3 months ago.

I have NOT given up on her and I never will.

Thanks again for all your support.

22. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I would say the likelihood of being able to get life insurance on her in her current state is slim to none. Life insurance should be dealt with before the need arises. So once she's out of the hospital, you should work on getting some either through your employer or through an insurance company on your own. We have MetLife and it's a wonderful piece of mind.

I'm sure she'll be fine Don. Keep strong and keep praying.

23. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Barry, I am....constantly. I am even doing her morning bible readings which she normall does daily.

24. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers.

Update from 8/7:

Echocardiagram came back with no signs of problems.

Circulation in her left leg [which was cold for one day] is back to normal temp. Doppler showed no clots in her viens and CT scan showed no clots in her arteries.

Pulse is in the 90's as apposed to 120's.

Temp is still up [highest was l01.8]

Lungs still have bad areas in the bottoms.

Drains are still producing a little fluid.

She is still responsive when asked to move hands or feet.

No indication when she will be removed from her resperator, but Dr. Zorn is waiting for her lungs to get better. He asked the pulminologist to increase the amount of air coming in to help reinflate the bottoms more.

She still will need to go back to surgery and have her stomach rebuilt.

25. Aaron-Wan-Kenobi

Aaron-Wan-Kenobi Temp CR Orange County, CA star 3 VIP

Dec 8, 2002
    any new news?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.