main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

O.C, CA Updates from Don

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by the_black_smudge, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Thanks for the update, Don. My thoughts are with you during this troubling time. Lou is exactly where she needs to be and the care at that hospital is top-noth. Stay strong and believe in the Force.

2. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Thanks for the update there Don

3. Zhi-don

Zhi-don Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 22, 2005
    Update from 8/9:

Lu is stable at present. She received a blood transfusion and this should give her more strength. They are planning on gradually weaning her off the resperator in the next few days. I am planning on going down to see her Saturday morning. I will keep everyone posted as often as I can.

4. Enforcer_Draconus

Enforcer_Draconus Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 19, 2004
    thanks for the update Don my thoughts and prayers are with you and Lu

5. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    News Flash from 9/10:

Apparently they took her off the respirator yesterday. She is breathing on her own now. Dr. Zorn says she should be more responsive by Saturday. I will be going down then. More info when I get it.

6. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Breathing on one's own is definitely a good thing. Thanks for the updates and know that we are with you in spirit. (hugs) [:D]

7. tiepilottillard1701

tiepilottillard1701 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Aug 10, 2003
    ell, heres to hoping that she gets well soon.

8. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Good to hear she is improving. :)

9. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Definitely a good sign! I'm glad for that. Keep the faith my friend, we're all pulling for you!

10. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks guys. Going down on Saturday morning. Unless I spend the night, I will be back in the evening to join you at the beach party.

11. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    We all here at the Estradas wish and hope for the best Don.

12. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks Rob

13. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    Don, I can't make it to the beach party (:_|) so you are welcome to stay at my house if you need a place to crash. We appreciate the updates on Lu's condition and we're all pulling for her and you. [:D]

14. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    I know that Lu faces another surgery, but I am so glad to hear that she is doing
    better and that she is improving. I pray all goes well and that you keep holding her
    close Don, because there is nothing more important in this world than those people that
    you hold dear and love.

15. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    Updates from 8/12:

Renee, Mikki [her best friend and spokeswoman] and I went down to San Diego on Saturday and saw her. This was 2nd time I have seen her in ICU and I have the following to report:

Lu's condition is improving. Her temp is normal now. Her pulse is good. Blood pressure is a little high, but not too bad. Her drains are mostly normal except for one is producing a little gastric juice. The surgeon was hoping that would not happen, but he said this sometimes does and it should stop. Her white cell count is normal. Her kidneys are good. Circulation in her legs is normal, no blood clots.

The major problem now is her lungs. She has a couple of bad spots in her lungs and she is still not breathing as deeply as she should to clean them out. She is off the resperator and on an A-pap machine. This is similar to a C-pap. She is getting breathing treatments. Her eyes are open but she doesn't track well visably, but she knows that people are there. At some point she yelled at the nurses and I view that as the best news possible. If she can do that she must be getting better. She also pulled one of her drains loose and had to be restrained. I will post more updates when I get them.

16. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    Good theres still fight in her ;-)

17. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Sounds a bit more positive everyday. [:D]

18. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    Lu has a very fighting spirit! im glad to here shes getting better don next time you see her tell her i said HI!!!!

19. the_black_smudge

the_black_smudge Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2004
    Great news, I'm glad she's doing better. Give her my love when you see her.

20. Rezrat

Rezrat Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2005
    I think he'll give his love first ;-)

21. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I'm so glad she's doing better. We'll continue to keep you both in our prayers.

22. Zhi-don

Mar 22, 2005
    New update from 8/16;

Her Dr. tells me that almost all of her vitals are now normal. White cell count is a little up, but he says that's nothing to worry about. She is sitting up and he says they carried on a conversation yesterday. She was still pretty confused, but he hopes she will be better by this weekend. She has been moved to the ICU on the 10th floor where there is a nice view out the windows. He hopes that seeing the day change from dawn to dusk will help stabilize her and get her more oriented. Her son and Renee visited her on Tuesday and she seemed better to Renee. She got emotional when they left, but thats a good thing. I will post more when I hear it. Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.

23. Enforcer_Draconus

Jul 19, 2004
    thanks for the Updates Don!!!!! prayers and wishes are still coming man!!!! send Lu my love as well!

24. Robeewankenobe

Robeewankenobe Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 29, 2004
    That is great. The kids and I would like to go see her and wish her well but that may be to soon. Don, maybe we could have a welcome home party when she gets back you know costumes and all.
    [:D]

Rob

25. JediJenee

JediJenee Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 5, 2005
    That is a great idea Rob. If I can help with a party for her, please let me know.
    I am so glad that she is getting better Don and I continue to keep her in my prayers.
    I'm sorry that I cannot come and visit her, but I have no way to, since my dad tries
    not to be away from the house and my mom, except when he needs to pick up things or I
    ask for a ride and then it depends on his time. Please Don, tell Lu to take care and
    give her a hug from me, when you see her.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.