main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tidewater, VA Updates on the TV series.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by ANAKINOS, Sep 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    Hey all a friend of mine emailed this to me. So I thought i would pass it along.

George Lucas Talks More 'Star Wars' TV
    09-23-2007

In a two-part interview with TV Guide, George Lucas talked some more about those two Star Wars TV series he currently has in the works. You'll remember that one Star Wars-related show -- the one that's the furthest along -- is animated, and will take place during the Clone Wars (or, more specifically, between Episode II and Episode III). The other series will be live action, and will take place between Episode III and Episode IV. But before you get all excited, thinking Darth Vader will make his first-ever appearance on the small screen -- keep reading.

On the animated series, Lucas said: "Unfortunately, it doesn't fall into the realm of what animation [typically] is, which is either adult, kind of off-color humor or kiddie stuff. This is, like Star Wars , sort of in between those two things. It's a lot of battle stuff, and it's obviously the Clone Wars, so it's a war picture. So it's kind of a PG-13 animated TV series, which is something that has never been done before and obviously doesn't fit in any of the conventional slots that these things fall into. In that, it's very different, and I think it's very exciting. It's got a very, very sophisticated look to it. It's very much like the features. We're still trying to figure out how to put it on the air." Lucas went on to say that they're on episode 40 right now, out of 100, and will look to put it on the air once they've arrived somewhere between 50 and 60 episodes. He also said that it wouldn't be a Saturday Morning Cartoon, and because of the content, will mos t likely air after 9 o'clock at night.

Regarding the live action series, Lucas said they'll first start writing it in about a month from now. He continued: "The live-action [series] is not the movie. It's the Star Wars universe, but it's characters from the saga who were [previously] minor, and it follows their stories. It's set between [movie episodes] III and IV, when the Empire has taken over. It's like Episode IV in that the Emperor and Darth Vader are heard about - people talk about them - but you never see them because it doesn't take place where they actually are. There are storm troopers and all that, but there are no Jedis. It's different, but I think it's very exciting because I get to explore a part of that universe that I haven't been able to explore." As far as episodes go, like the animated series, they're shooting for 100. So, are you excited about these? And which series do you think has the most potential?

2. Thumpy

Thumpy Jedi Master star 4

May 3, 2005
    Thanx for the update Thad. Looking forward to it.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.