main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UPS is of the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by alison_breeze, Jan 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alison_breeze

alison_breeze Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2002

I just (finally!) received my Christmas gift from my sister. She'd sent it from Maine to Calif, but it didn't arrive in Calif till after I left and my parents are none too swift at getting things mailed.

My main gift was the AotC "A Jedi Shall Not Know..." poster... and it is totally trashed. She shipped it in a very heavy poster container, yet UPS managed to dent it in at least two places and the poster itself has a huge creased area top to bottom down the middle as well as serious wrinkling in the upper right quarter. Oh, and the lower right edge is shredded.

UPS is evil... grrrrr.

My dad aparently put $20 insurance on the parcel - not sure if that was total or split $10 per package. Tomorrow I get the fun of figuring out how to claim it.

2. darth-jar

darth-jar Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    Hey All!

I ahve been saying this for years. UPS = EVIL.

But on th eother hand, I have noticed that when packages are shipped to a place of business, they are treated like gold, not soccer balls.

So I have everything delivered to work if it's from UPS.

If ya can, do the same.

3. Obi_Wannabe

Obi_Wannabe Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 17, 2002
    Fedex is usually more expensive, but well worth it.

4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    DJ-I have discovered the same phenomenon. Anything that comes to the office looks pristine, and when you order something from the fan club (Fantastic Media) when the warehouse was off of Peoria, and it takes 4 WEEKS to get my poster and it looked like it had been rolling around in the truck that long. Fortunately, the old fan club knew how to ship things, so the poster was still in tact.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.