main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC upside down tattoo

Discussion in 'Community' started by hear+soul, Sep 14, 2011.

1. hear+soul

hear+soul Jedi Master star 6

Nov 5, 2004
    So I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo and right now I'm leaning towards "FAITH" on my left bicep [as in, along the top of it]. I want to get it vertically and upside-down so that I can read it. Other tattoos I'm thinking of wouldn't be upside-down, but this one is supposed to be a reminder to me to live a certain way I'm trying to live.

Everyone I've spoken to about it thinks it's stupid. They think I should get it sideways so I could still read it or just not upside-down. Plus, they say, you will know what it says. Or, they think I should get some sort of illuminati font where it can say the same thing upside-down as right-side up. [weird dash dichotomy there]

What do you all think?

I don't like the idea of never being able to really see this particular tattoo 100% straight except backwards in the mirror or correctly in a picture tho. It's not for anyone else, it's for me.

Still debating whether or not to get a tattoo at all, btw.

2. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    htiaf would make everyone wonder about you

:tape

duct tape rules!

3. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    Just when I thought I couldn't mock you anymore, you gave me more material for JC Archives: Thread of the Week: 2015 Edition

4. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i think it's a good idea, but you should get it upside down on your thigh so can read it while you're pooping.

5. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    except it would literally be upside down, not in opposite order, lettering-wise. though, lol.

db: where's the picture of all your chewed up gum by your butt pills so I can post it in response to your... post, I guess you would call it.

tom: lol.

6. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    my pic was post-modern humour
    cept the humour part

yours is just booboo :-(

7. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    so, I'm asking a legitimate question you don't care about but are reading and commenting on anyway, and you failed at being funny, but it was artistic?

8. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    holla @ some commas, and I'll reply

9. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    A google search of "htiaf" showed me that a lot of teenage girls use that name on myspace... true story.

10. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    How would you know?

EDIT: Okay....

11. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I edited my post to clarify.

Also, lol at the king of creepy trying to call me out.

12. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    lol. [face_laugh]

anyway,

lol @ harp v. dan

maybe I'll get FAITH upside down in the illuminati font so that it says HTIAF right-side up.

13. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I know lots of people who have gotten words tattooed so that they could read them on their wrists and forearms, and I even think that Rihanna getting her tattoo backwards so she could read it in the mirror was pretty cool

but wtf how often do you look at the top of your bicep?

14. EmpireForever

EmpireForever Force Ghost star 8

Mar 15, 2004
    Any tattoo you get is going to be stupid. So, I mean, do what you want, I guess.

15. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    it's a pretty visible part of your body everyone's pov. It's kind of constantly in your field of vision.

so, like everyone else, a lot, though more if I had a tattoo on it.

I contemplated the mirror thing, too. the thing about wrists is you can get them facing you and people can still see it the right way. you can show it to them so it's right-side up, too. your bicep is more often the way it always is aka less mobile. also, I'm not getting tattoos below my elbows/t-shirt line.

16. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    It's not a stupid idea. When I got a tattoo, I had it placed on my inner arm where I could see it. It would have been silly to put it in a place I couldn't see it.

17. hear+soul

Nov 5, 2004
    ok cool.

does the upside-down thing trouble you at all?

EF- why you say dis?

18. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    By getting the tattoo of faith upside-down, you're actually getting a tattoo of science, right?

19. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Get whatever you want. As long as you like it, that's all that matters.

Personally, I think any words or names make for ridiculous tattoos though.

20. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Don't you wanna get "THUG LIFE" instead?

21. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    The question is can the tattoo artist spell Thug Life correctly

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Don't. It will, in all likelihood, limit your employment opportunities throughout life, especially if/when you seek any sort of professional career. That besides, it will grow increasingly unsightly as you age, and your skin changes character. Finally, if you really hold that the real value of this is as a personal reminder of yourself, why make it an outward sign for others to see? It would work just as well if you held it as a firm personal commitment without some sort of extravagant exterior showcase.

23. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    [image=http://www.hrwiki.org/w/images/thumb/c/cd/CoachZ_Tupac.PNG/180px-CoachZ_Tupac.PNG]

24. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Any professional career that would still care about tattoos also would probably care about him wearing a sleeveless top (the only kind that would expose his tattoo) to an interview, so I really don't think that's something he needs to take into account unless he's getting it somewhere that's visible in professional clothing

25. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Just don't do this:
    [image=http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01392/stupid_1392153i.jpg]