main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Upstate Rebels to invade Charleston

Discussion in 'Archive: Charleston, SC' started by Darth_Yalc, Nov 12, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Yalc

Darth_Yalc Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 23, 2002
    Hey everyone. The Upstate group will be coming to Charleston Nov. 30. We want to get involved with all activities so we will need some info on what is going on or do we need to bring anything etc. We are looking forward to this BIG time. I have talked to Mandy and this will be our 3rd meeting. We will be official after this party. We will have 7-10 people coming. Hope to hear from y'all soon.

MTFBWY

Clay

2. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    Hi Clay,

Looking forward to having you down. I just found out that I will get the day off, so I'll see you there!

I'll congratulate you on becoming official then.

Bill

3. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi Clay,
    We are so happy for you and glad we could be part of making you official! We certainly can use your help.
    What to bring, hmm, costumes for the costume contest. William is a shoe in with that Tuskin Costume! A toy for Toys For Tots so they can be in the raffle. BTW, you get one raffle for each toy you bring-but we suggest something a little better than the $1 store. We are looking for something in the $5 range so small LEGO sets or Barbies, Star Wars action figures, etc will be fine.

If any of your members want to help with the kids area or anything else, lmk know so we can get them on the IMAX helpers list!

I'm so excited so many are making the trip, perhaps word will get out and you'll pick up a few more.

Thanks,
    janet

4. jedicharlie57

jedicharlie57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 18, 2002
    I will definitely be able to include the 30th in my holiday plans, so expect a lady Jedi to help from Bama's Syndicate!

5. Akela9

Akela9 Jedi Master

Jul 11, 2001
    Hi Charlie,

Good news that you'll get to be here.

My apologies for referring to you as male in my emails. Your name threw me! Of course I assumed you are male based on that. Shame on me!

May the Force be with you!

6. jedicharlie57

Sep 18, 2002
    No problem, a natural assumption. Now, if I could just find a Gardulla the Hutt for my pictures, that might help!

How are the IMAX tickets selling for that day, and exactly which showing are "we" the group planning to attend? If I can pre-order on line, I'll do so now.

A suggestion, if we get a Vader in attendance. At our premiere in Huntsville, the IMAX asst. mgr came out in front of the screen to welcome the crowd, nice turn out, yadda yadda. Then he says "Live Long and Prosper." Yeah, okay, he's just confused. But he goes on and on, about how the ST universe would beat up the SW universe, and he's really getting the crowd going. Cue the Imperial March, in walks Vader and Stormtroopers, and the guy is force-choked for his "lack of faith." It was a suprise for all of us, and very well done. It helped add to our party atmosphere.

7. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    Hi:
    Cool idea. Don't have any Vaders that I know of. But we could do something similar with Troopers. HMMM, who can be the ginea pig to get up there and be "carried" away?

This is going to sound awfull. But I don't even know if I'll get to see Clones that day. I'll be pretty busy up to the 5pm show, then I might be too tired. We had talked about invading the James Island Festival of Lights that night. So I guess most people are going to the 3pm show. According to the IMAX last weekend, that show was about a quarter sold already.
    Go to http://charlestonimax.com and you'll be able to get the info you need to reserve tickets-which I strongly recomend.

Janet

8. jedicharlie57

Sep 18, 2002
    Guinea pig? Shoot, invite Mayor Riley (er, is he still mayor?). Is there going to be a radio remote there? Perhaps one of the DJ's could MC, or the IMAX mgr himself. Have you contacted the Post & Courier? That would certainly be a great photo-op for a politician to be participating in good fun. What's Reuben Greenberg been up to? How about contacting the local Star Trek chapter there and see if someone would be willing to participate in a fun jab? They could certainly get the crowd riled with ST jabs.
    If you guys need any help with set-up, footwork, phone work, decorating, or whatever, I have all next week off and can pitch in.

9. motf-jan

Feb 25, 2001
    I'm meeting with the IMAX tommorow. I'll pitch the idea and see what I can do.
    Actually, we have members of the local star trek group in our club<lol>
    I'll see if we can get some Klingons to show up<g>
    Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.