main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends 'Urbania's Void' (J/TK, Zekk, etc. - 02/02 - The story will rise once more... [cue cackling here])

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -Tenel-Ka-, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Hey everyone! Here ya go.

related links:
    'Simply Being Loved' - the precursor to this story. Doesn't have to be read to understand this one, but it would help. :D
    'The Feigned' - the website surrounding the two stories. Includes information, pictures, etc.

--------

CHARACTERS: (I'll be adding more people as they are introduced. ;) And believe me, there will be A LOT more.)

Gadell Vessau (male human from Hapes)
    Jacen Solo (male human from Coruscant [high-class])
    Kaidan Serasai (male human from Coruscant [lower levels])
    Khee Verelen (male human from Hapes)
    Lomi Plo (female human - Nightsister)
    Lowbacca (male wookiee from Kashyyyk)
    Nexus Mirdele (female human from Corellia)
    Raynar Thul (male human - Dark Jedi)
    Rez Nyena (female human from Nar Shaddaa)
    Ryled Mirdele (male human from Corellia)
    Tenel Ka - "Tenna" (female human from Hapes)
    Tenk Mirdele (male human from Corellia)
    Tessick Ladreen (male human from Myrkr)
    Welk (male human - Dark Jedi)
    Zekk (male human from Coruscant)

--------

This is the prologue. It's short --- and not much. But it is something. Since it's not much, I'll probably be giving ya the next part within the next day or so. ;)

---

PROLOGUE - IT BEGINS (DAY ZERO / 0)

I have grown to love my life at the Fountain Palace. It is my home now. I love every detail. The way the carpets feel under your bare feet. The way the breeze gently tickles your cheeks as you stare out to the sea. The way the vines in the garden snake up the Palace and endlessly try to grow into the open windows. Hapes is my home.

I am the Commander of it's fleets. I have no immediate family. All my relatives have died. But I do have a sister. She's not related by blood, but by trust, friendship and love.

Her name is Tenel Ka. We've become close since the events that took place two months ago. We're close enough that I can get away with calling her 'Tenna' which is a nickname stumbled upon one day awhile back. She was calling me 'Della' after I so uncerimoniously donned one of her many tiaras to try to cheer her up, so I thought of a nickname for her too.

She's been needing a lot of cheering up lately. And that all started a few days after Jacen Solo and the rest of our guests had left, after the post-war celebration.

At first she was very cautious around me, as if she still sensed the void of poison surging in my system. A few weeks had passed and we were getting closer in a friendly way... and after that it ended up growing into a sibling rivalry type bond. She once said to me that we reminded her of how Jacen and Jaina Solo used to act on Yavin 4.

She has told me many stories of her childhood. About her left arm and the Diversity Alliance and everything before, between and after. I always sat near her, like a little child listening to his parents read The Little Lost Bantha Cub; interested and begging for more. I didn't know she had been through so much and it gave me a new level of respect for her.

As for the planets, we have made new plans for the Hapan fleets and we are planning to build new ships, just in case another war ever surfaces. We have stayed up many late nights, in her quarters slaving over prints and plans of the new fleet, which is going to be bigger and better than anything ever created. And I have found myself curled up on her sofa the next morning, both of us collapsing the night before, from exhaustion.

Hapes is really becoming a strong set of planets, in the political sense. We've noticed a decrease in assassination attempts (to which Tenna said, "They just know I would win in a fight with them. They are frightened."), an increase of political support and continued cheers for the Queen Mother.

I, myself, have been busy training in the Force. Tenel Ka has taught me many things I never knew I could do. And she has also told me the ways of the Jedi, what's right and what's wrong. I'm learning... slowl

2. Wild_Phoenix

Wild_Phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    *cracks his knuckles*

Oh yeah...I was waiting for this.

*gets the chips, brew, lawn chair and his shades*

I'll be sitting right here watching the story unfold.

C'mon Tenel Ka.....get a rolling.

3. trianiigirl

trianiigirl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 21, 2002
    OOoooo!!! So it begins...

*bouncing with the happy-can't-waitness*

Also: Tenna! :D :D
    Not "Tenka", then? ;) :p

4. -JacenSolo-

-JacenSolo- Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2002
    Here we are, the story's just starting and we have *gasp* a cliffhanger already!

Can't wait to read more.

5. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Wild_Phoenix: LOL! Thank you! And yeah; you might need those shades later... this story is going to get a bit crazy. :D

TG: Muahahah! Yeah; I wanted Gadell to give her a nickname and Tenka is harder to say than just Tenna. XD And I didn't want anything to be too taxing on Gadell right now; cause they're all going to be taxed later. Muahahahahhah!!

Jacen: Me? Cliffhanger? NEVER! ;)

More tonight, I believe! (But I won't be posting as frequently after that! This story will take lots of time. :D)

6. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    That's a great start! :D I'm already loving this. :) [face_love] *pulls out a tent and sets up camp* Eagerly awaiting the next post. :p

7. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    *Totters up to J-A-J with a sleeping bag, pillow, and cooler in hand*

Hi, mind if I join you? No way am I going to miss this! Watching TK haul Jacen's butt out of a sling, it perfect!!

8. _3MD_PsychoSniper

_3MD_PsychoSniper Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 25, 2003
    Ohhhh, great start.
    And Gadell is really likeable now, especily in the adoptive brother roll.
    Give him Anje or whatever that handmaidens name was.

More tonight ?

Cool, I'll check when I get back from the gym.

9. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    *gets popcorn and settles in*

10. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    I might go2 bed b4 she posts.

Cmon post allready!!!!!! ;) .

11. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    *squeals in delight at the new Jacen icon* Okay enough of that. :D

J&J: Glad you like it so far! And there's plenty more where that came from. Muahaha!

AvenKiel: LOL! I didn't know people would be camping out for this one, but thank you!

3MD: I'm glad people see it as good that Gadell is like TK's brother-type now. I always thought she needed an anchor... the girl's likely to go insane with all the junk she puts up with ALL the time.

JainaDurron: Don't eat it all at once. Oh who cares, eat it all at once... you can always go to the snack bar during intermission. ;)

Here's part one. *dances* These guys--- well Kaidin mostly are a tad perverted. So watch it. :D

------

CHAPTER ONE - STREET TRASH (DAY SIX / +6)

My name is Kaidin Serasai. I'm a twenty-seven year old bounty hunter, born and raised in the lower levels of Coruscant. I lost my mother and father when I was six, to a crazed lunatic, murdering for fun. I vowed to myself I would get revenge on him and at the young age of fourteen, I had found the man and slaughtered him, laughing all the way. I like to hunt people down, especially people who deserve what's coming to them and I like to watch them suffer. I like high-paying bounties. I like Corellian Ale. I like blasters. I like vibroblades. I don't really like people. I like love. I like sex. When you're in love and having sex, it's even better. I like making rude comments. I like barfights. I like gambling. I guess I like bad things. I guess you could call me a bad person.

The man sat alone at the bar of the Vina Lidrina, his slender finger running through drops of condensation on the metal bartop. Despite the loud music, he was deep in thought, his mind wandering from random thought to random thought, wondering how he ended up in this mess in the first place.

He was on the spacestation, the Urbania. It was a large oval-shaped craft, that hovered through space, stopping for nothing. There was a huge city covering the flat surface, sprawling over every little niche and crevice. A canopy of clear durasteel spread over the top, giving inhabitants a permanent view of space. The minimal times that the floating city needed to restock something or refuel itself, ships brought the items to them, giving them no reason to slow down.

The city was home to everything vile: gangs, crime, drugs. Urbania used to boast a great vacation getaway, until the city's reputation and status crumbled downhill. All under the reign of one Ryled Mirdele. Kaidin's newest bounty was that man. There was a price out on his head, and Serasai was always up for a challenge...

He wasn't really thinking much about that now though. He just sat at the bar, savoring the flavor of the smooth ale sliding down his throat.

I'm guilty of many things. Killing people. Seeking revenge. Lying. Cheating. Having little boyhood fantasies and falling in love, or just lust, with people I can never have. That's one of my main problems right now. There's a girl I've had my eye on since I was younger... It's a main challenge in my life to let her know I exist and to get what I want from her. I've never personally met her, but I will change that after Tessick and I clear this bounty...

She's the Queen Mother of Hapes. Her name is Tenel Ka. She's a fiesty little thing. You can just tell on the holos of her, you can see her trying to keep her cool and stuff. But she just wants to smack everyone around her, you know it. So I'm guilty of endlessly looping old public holos of her, propping myself down in front of the screen and just staring. No blinking. No eating. No drinking. No anything. Just wishing. I've never been in love. So this must be what it feels like... or maybe it's just a sick obsession. Sick obsessions are one of my specialities for some reason...

Kaidin broke out of his reverie, spinning himself around on his barstool. His deep gray eyes wandered out over the huge club and the crowd stuffed inside. Cords of light dashed across the ceiling, pulsing with many dif

12. Zekkxy

Zekkxy Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2003
    Hmmm...Tenna has a stalker, and a scoundrel at that. [/Very Intrigued]

13. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    He'll make a move on her, then all of sudden be dead.

GOOD POSTIE TK

14. Wild_Phoenix

Wild_Phoenix Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 3, 2003
    Ooookay...a bounty hunter with a sick mind has got the hots for Tenel Ka.

*thinks about it for a second*

May someone have mercy on that numbskull because I doubt Tenel Ka AND Jacen are going to.

Let me go get a body bag for him.

15. tenelfan14

tenelfan14 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2003
    ~~*****HAPPY 2004****~~

hi all! sry i didn't reply to prologue i was busy.

well i luved it! the prologue was so well written, it sucked me nto the story the moment i locked eyes on it. chap 1 was nice, and i'd like to see the characters throughout.

Great job TK!!

16. -Tenel-Ka-

Apr 16, 2002
    Zekkxy: :D She does. And he is a scoundrel, isn't he?

3MD: Thank you!! Yeah; he might.

Wild_Phoenix: LOL!!!! I don't think Jacen and Tenel Ka will... you're right.

tenelfan14: Thank you for the comments! :D I didn't know if the prologue would suck people in or not.

Thank you again for reading everyone!

17. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Whens the next psot ?

18. AvenKiel

AvenKiel Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2003
    *looks at Tessick and Kaidin*

Those poor, sorry, fools. Tenel Ka is going to rip them apart with her bare hand if Gadell doesn't get there first.

19. C3SoloP0

C3SoloP0 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 10, 2002
    I'm here! I'm here!!

I just have to finish Simply Being Loved and I will catch up on this!!

I've been away so much that I've hardly been able to keep track!!

Oh my!!

20. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Those 2 are rancor food.

Uppsies.

21. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    Keeping it on P1

22. Tenel_Ka_Index

Tenel_Ka_Index Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2003
    The index has decided that this fic is worth an up.

23. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    And since I'm the index I also remeind all of ya to submit your TK fics to the index.

24. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    How could i have missed this??? I am sorry, oh goddess! Bows in supplication to -Tenel-Ka-

Oh, a stalker! And he sounds pretty nutty too! And Gadell trying on one of Tenel Ka's crowns...suppresses a shudder

25. _3MD_PsychoSniper

Oct 25, 2003
    /kicks striker
    go write more of snowday.Its to good to not plug, lol

hey heather, U need 2 update this 2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.